View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybe Cubensis for trauma

Ohmega

Greenlighter
This person I met, has this hamster right. Who seems to be ok-ish at learning things, and came up with the below. Would anyone care to help come up with hypothetical ideas/correct any wrongs?

Abstract:
Serotonin plays a major role in perception, consciousness and cognition; as it does with memory & the "fight/flight/freeze" response. Psilocybin and psilocin primarily interact with serotonergic neuro-transmission (5-HT1a, 5-HT 2a, 5-HT2c receptors) and also have been known at higher doses to convey a state of; loss of the demarcation between self and environment. Along with visionary restructuralization of past and present through potent neurogenesis/neuroplasticity.

They also have astonishingly remarkable safety profiles as far as physical health is concerned for medicine of this efficacy.

PTSD is a condition that manifests itself with psychological symptoms initially, insidiously leading to physiological responses given time. These symptoms can involve perception, consciousness and cognition; along with introversion towards negative automatic thoughts and activation of the amigdalae. Causing the paleomammalian "threat" or "fight/flight/freeze" response.

These two potent chemicals additionally have the fascinating properties of allowing rampant increases in cohesive communication between all neural connections in the brain, and increases the metabolism of the: medial/lateral cortex (planning, personality, social behaviour, internal goals), anterior cingulate cortex (risk/reward planning, decision making, ethics, morality, emotion) and the temporal lobe (conscious memory/self, facts/events/people, sensory input).

Oh, and they also modulate the Default Mode Network, reducing DMN activity, potentially allowing the hamsters form to be wide open to a variety of experience.

So, the hamster postulated thusly:
"Over 3 minimally supervised sessions of increasing intensity, using a moderate to high dose 5-15g of Psilocybe Cubensis, along with a series of meditative techniques. I believe that I will be able to steer my unconscious mind to the appropriate state to process the negative automatic thoughts. Integrating this trauma within the normal memory of the past. Sessions no less than 28 days apart. Between each session, microdose 50-100mg, 5 on, 2 off. Supplement with 5-HTP, all the B vitamins. Possibly start on the Agarikon, Lions Mane and Turkey Tail showroom stuff whilst I'm at it... Those Damn fungi have been around for >2 billion years after all. There might be something to it!"

That person I met never taught their hamster any manners though, because he didn't leave sources for any of his info!

Do you denizens of the knowledgeable web think this would be a wise course of action?

Thanks

The site wont let me edit the post. Keeps telling me that im not authorised to edit even though I'm signed in.

Ive just read the welcome email!! The hamster is for purely comical reasons!

You're gonna need a few hundred more hamsters for your study to be generalizable.

Of course if you're just talking about your own curiosity and ideas, why not go for it and tell us how it went?

I wish I could get a few hundred applicable subjects, access to funding, and then I'd be a proper doctor... thats how it works isn't it 8)

It is going to be a study in self experimental hunches. That's gotten me this far... and that was the plan anyway. A journey into my infinite self/darkest memory/whatever the teacher may bring.

Just going to check for contraindications, weaning schedules (if necessary for meds I'm already on) and random things I haven't thiught of with my doc on Friday. Depending on that and other more ethereal concerns, it will just happen when it happens. Not even sure my doc will entertain talking to me about this kinda stuff, cos ive been bounced round a few... Hope he doesnt have a case of mycophobia!

Microdosing is one subject that I see some conflicting information on re: mg/ug per kg? What would be best for a macro microdose?

Cool... so doc said ease off in the Mirtazapine when I feel it is the right time to enact my plan. Got a schedule for that written up so I can follow it when the time comes.

The downside to this thread is that as I've just started these pills already, I'm holding off my plan for now til I see if these new meds work better than SSRIs did (or didn't as was the case lol). Health first and all that jazz. My serotonin system has been hacked around with for the last 6 months through changing meds...

I'll be having the 0.1g on the microdosing front and take things from there. Another question that has arose is the optimal time for ingestion of microdose. If taken in the AM, it would have the opportunity to interact with the brain during the accomplishment of everyday tasks and experiences. Whereas if taken in the PM, would it have more effect on the subconscious and more primal aspects of the psyche, as well as the memory of tasks and experiences.

Before you start your experimentation, you might wanna densify your serotonin receptors using Harmala alkaloids. I mean this is not necessary but there were studies that showed densified Serotonin receptors after the use of Harmala alkaloids. Btw, I am too, looking for ways to get over a traumatic event which also caused IMO an imbalance on my Serotonergic System. And I'll be starting microdosing Psilocybin as well. Only For neuro genesis purposes for sure though. Please let us know about your results here..

And.. AM route sounds wiser if u asked me. As you said, it has possibility to show its effects during everyday tasks. Something to note though, what you expect from the experiment at the beginning might vary in the process and the process itself may take a while to be conclued as expected.
Hope this helped !

I will be reading up more on the Harmala alkaloids, but I'm not sure I would want to be intensifying what is already a pretty heavy plan. I know they are utilised for Ayahuasca brews, but I thought that was primarily because otherwise the DMT content would not be active when ingested orally?...

Not entirely sure I would be able to handle ~10g cubensis whilst effectively on a MAOI lol. Might be tempting fate a bit too far (to use the phrase only, not implying predetermined life choices... but I digress).

If I was solely microdosing, then I think it would be almost definite yes dependant on further reading.

Before you start your experimentation, you might wanna densify your serotonin receptors using Harmala alkaloids. I mean this is not necessary but there were studies that showed densified Serotonin receptors after the use of Harmala alkaloids. Btw, I am too, looking for ways to get over a traumatic event which also caused IMO an imbalance on my Serotonergic System. And I'll be starting microdosing Psilocybin as well. Only For neuro genesis purposes for sure though. Please let us know about your results here..

I did a search for harmala alkaloid densification of serotonin receptors and only really turned up a reddit post and this thread, can you point me to the studies you're referring to? The reddit thread said it was supposed to 'utilize more of your natural serotonin' which has it backwards, greater receptor density = less effect, not greater.

10g of shrooms on an MAOI is definitely going overboard. If you take an MAOI I would cut the shroom dose in half. It would be somewhat advisable though, I've found MAOIs to sort of convert euphoria into gravity of meaning, if that makes sense.

Actually, I'd suggest you to use Harmine/Harmaline alkaloids exclusively and then waiting a whole week before starting to experiment with Psilocybin. I don't think you should come close to combining any of these together.

From one of the articles:
"More recently, Li et al. (2011) showed that
harmine increased glutamate transporter (GLT-1 and
GLAST) protein expression and glutamate uptake
activity in astroglial cells and in a mice model of amyo-
trophic lateral sclerosis, and Sun et al. (2014) reported
that harmine reduced cerebral infarct volume, neuron
death, and astrocyte activation, and increased GLT-1
expression in a rat model of global cerebral ischemia."

---

...... effects are not well-understood,and seem to involve several
potential molecular targets such as monoamine oxidase
(MAO), benzodiazepine/gamma-aminobutyric acid type
A (GABA A ) receptors, serotonin 5-HT 2A/C receptors, glu-
tamate transporter 1 (GLT-1), imidazoline I 1/2 receptors,
reactive oxygen species (ROS), and neurotrophic factors,
among others.

I believe that It DOES densify the receptors somehow.

Last edited:
I can share some studies .. It's been a while since I last read 'em so not sure if these're the ones but I'm sure they'll enlighten you.

1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zq6HjWh00T5c77ZoEGiFabNHcyA5-dtD

2. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W0ccgua2Tex9mMmiBYzX_0usZzgIxd82

3. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FJbWEY2L6Hy1PZrJbtTbt9ZRK-iGE3AN

I Suggest starting with number1 8)

I don't think these show quite what you're suggesting they do. I'm not saying you're wrong but these studies don't back up your claim. They do show some improvement in memory and in BDNF levels which is good but not really compared to other drugs which purport to do the same.

OP, I'm not sure why he is pushing harmalas before but not during your trip. MAOIs were used for a while as antidepressants but not very effectively. If you're going to bother with them at all I would use them with the mushrooms. Using them exclusively is just going to be a hassle cause you'll have to change your diet too.

I'll give those links and studies a look when I have a moment, thanks as well by the way. Always good to have more reading!

Oh and, "convert euphoria into gravity of meaning, if that makes sense". Yup.... I know exactly the feeling you mean. I'll give stacking them on the main dose some thought ? thanks!

Last edited:
I did 10g of cubensis a few weeks ago.

I have plenty of exp with various mushrooms, ive even grown cubes in the past.

I decided on a very high dose since i have some deep trauma to process.
This combined with stuff happening which demands be being very functional and responsble.

I first ate 5g crushed in some lemon juice.
After about an hour and some whippets i was a bit bored since i expected more intensity.

I knew that mushrooms are very tolerance sensitive for me.
So waiting could mess up my chance for a refill.
So i slammed another 5g and hoped for the best.

Kept slamming whippets and vaping hash and just got blasted.
Remember very weird visions and a delusional mindset took over my brain.

I remember navigating through various very different emotionall states.
From extreme happyness and to pure despair and fear.

It was very weird indeed, compared to oral dmt or ayahuasca this was alot more twisted and weird.

Of course the n20 could have given the trip a weird vibe.
Although i almost always use it for trips.

Afterwards i now feel strong, i feel the trip made my skin abit thicker.
I still battle some issues but my attitude is alot better then awhile ago.

I dont feel like doing mushrooms for awhile now.
Used to trip several times a month, but nowadays i do it 3-4 per year at most.