Bluelight

Thread: Tachycardia on the comedown?

1. Collapse Details
    Tachycardia on the comedown? 
    Maybe this is obvious for more experienced users, but I cannot understand why,
    with the exception of lower doses, my resting heart rate is significantly higher
    during the comedown, or 6-8 hours after last dose, that is.
    Said tachycardia can last for a few hours sometimes.
    In instance, today at 2PM my heart rate was 148, last dose had been taken at about 3AM.
    My resting heart rate usually stays between 90 to 110 during the high.
    I had consumed about 800mg of amphetamine sulphate (dissolved in saline and snorted
    and plugged in amounts between 100 and 150mg) and 500mg of caffeine (oral) during
    the course of 16 hours.
    First dose also had 27mg of 2c-B and 165mg MDMA together with the speed.

Any suggestions?

2. Collapse Details

Ummm I am guessing amphetamine sulfate 800 mg isnt pure right? I take mixed amphetamine salts XR 55 mg and my heart reaches 100-110 bpm.

According to erowid 175 mg of mdma is a strong dose
    According to erowid 27 mg of 2 cb fly is a strong dosage
    According to psychonautwiki amphetamine sulfate over 80 mg is a strong dose.
    Also 500 mg caffeine is a pretty strong dose (although i do exceed that personally.)

Is it possible you werent as aware until the effects started wearing off how high your heartrate was?

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If you aren’t an experienced user then why are you taking such massive doses? The reason you have tachycardia is because you ingested 2 strong psychostimulants and a stimulating psychedelic.

Normally i would shy away from this answer but i suggest you never take this combo again. This is reckless damage to your body at best and at worst death.

4. Collapse Details

I know that the dosages reported seem high, but I have a tolerance to stims.
    The amphetamine I personally acetone washed it (baked Epsom salt was used to dehydrate the acetone),
    basically nothing remained once the acetone used for the wash evaporated, and I was left
    with a speed powder that was just slightly less irritating than before, but not more powerful.
    I still suspect it's been cut with something that is also insoluble in acetone, not sure how to
    determine if that's the case.
    I measured my heart rate a couple of times, I wish I was so high I couldn't realize
    the state I was in, but sadly I looked sober ( no mydriasis, no sweat, no tremors/ shaky
    hands, no nystagmus, just a bit of the flared nostrils and tense jaw ), and while I felt I was somewhat
    high, wasn't even euphoric or chatty.
    It was regular 2c-B, not 2c-B-FLY, but ya I know 27mg plugged it's not moderate by any
    means.
    In fact, please do not try my dosages/combos, I have had quite a few people use me as
    an inspiration and and up delirious or in the ER.

5. Collapse Details

Yeah, really don't understand putting the caffeine on top of everything else... Considering the overall intake, I'm not surprised your body is saying uncle.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by falsifiedhypothesi View Post
    If you aren’t an experienced user then why are you taking such massive doses? The reason you have tachycardia is because you ingested 2 strong psychostimulants and a stimulating psychedelic.

Normally I would shy away from this answer but I suggest you never take this combo again. This is reckless damage to your body at best and at worst death.
    The tachycardia started about 22 hours AFTER I plugged the Speed/MDMA/2c-B combo and about 7 hours after my last speed dose.
    MDMA and 2c-B I couldn't feel them any more after 4 hours.
    I'm not experienced with amphetamine sulphate, but I have a tolerance to stims acquired through prolonged use of much stronger compounds.

P.S.: forgot to mention, this late onset tachycardia I already had it a couple of times using amphetamine sulphate alone,
    and in much smaller doses, as in 3x40mg capsules, oral ROA. Never had it before with MDMA and 2c-B alone or combined.
    Last edited by Phobos; 07-12-2017 at 00:12.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Sounds like you barely got high despite ingesting a fuckton of drugs, either your drugs are bunk or you need a long tolerance break.

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Performance Enhancing Drugs
    It's not that uncommon to get a rebound. For example blood pressure and heart rate run like counter-regulatory systems. If blood pressure falls after amps, heart rate will tend to go up. Blood sugar levels, blood plasma volume etc can also play a part, especially if you've not eaten much or suddenly do start to eat and salts increase.
    Now Recruiting --> DitM | New Member Introductions
    ---~~>> > > Performance Enhancing Drugs < < <<~~---

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by falsifiedhypothesi View Post
    Sounds like you barely got high despite ingesting a fuckton of drugs, either your drugs are bunk or you need a long tolerance break.
    I do appreciate your concern for my safety and the purity of my stash, but if you read the first post I'm not asking what happened because I'm scared and want to stop it, nor did I ask why MDMA has lost its magic, I'm just curious to know what is going on and why, that's all.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Yeah not judging of course just preaching.

I’ve taken moderately high amounts of amp, pharm grade, and i’ve noticed if I eat and drink right it’ll mitigate all aspects of the comedown and body load. It won’t negate the tachycardia or comedown but it helps immensely.

11. Collapse Details

Update: a few days ago I stopped taking Huperzine A, an acetylcholine esterase inhibitor. Basically it increases the available acetylcholine which, between many functions, is the neurotransmitter released by the vagus nerve in the heart muscle to slow down the heart rate.
    Could it be that after taking it for a couple of months, my body.reduced production of acetylcholine and now I'm a bit low?
    Sure thing is that today I took just one 40mg cap in the afternoon and barely felt a difference and well 5 hours later here comes the tachycardia again! Few minutes after taking one Huperzine A pill, heart rate went down, could be coincidence of course, but slowed heart rate is one of the listed side effects.

12. Collapse Details

That is an absolute fuck load of caffeine. That's all I gotta say lol

13. Collapse Details

I didn't take it all at once, it was 2 big cans of Monster plus half gram guaraná seeds powder over the course of a few hours.

14. Collapse Details

I guess CFC was right, it was probably dehydration I was feeling bad today as well, low BP feeling, strong dizziness when getting up, heart rate 140.
    I drank some water and started eating simple carbs and sugar, feeling much better now.

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    The influx of salts and glucose (which forms glycogen drawing in lots of water), coupled to dehydration and the earlier diuretic effect of the amps, plus the relaxation of arteries after hours of stimulant-induced (alpha-adrenergic) vasoconstriction, can cause a dramatic fall in plasma volume (and thus BP).

The heart responds to this crisis by increasing output dramatically in an attempt to regulate the sudden fall. If it can't succeed, and you don't drink enough to counteract the accelerating dehydration, you can black out.

I've passed out before after a binge from suddenly eating and not drinking enough, despite my HR shooting right up. Had an air ambulance called out. It was incredibly embarrassing

16. Collapse Details

Could the MK677, MK2866 and Enclomiphene I'm taking have played a role in this?
    Maybe forcing my body NOT to use muscle tissue for gluconeogenesis despite the need for it and/or keeping water in muscle tissue rather than into the bloodstream?

17. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    I would say no because the reasons I outlined are enough to explain your issue (I mean, I get tachycardia every single time as well). Although obviously I can't say for sure as you're mixing quite a few things and sending a fair few mixed signals. Fwiw the heart can utilise ketones if it has to.