• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Lyrica (Pregabalin) Dangerous Drug Combo - Need advice ASAP

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Sorry guys I know there is a megathread on Pregabalin already but fuck me there is so many contradictions pages to get through I just couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Basically I have some 300mg Lyrica capsules (I have never used pregabalin before). I am currently on penicillin (at the end of my cycle) as I had tonsillitis. I have taken 8mg Clonazpam around 4 hours ago now so that's wearing off. I use 4mg of Clonazpam everyday and have a VERY high tolerance to benzos.

In the megathread there are so many people agreeing and disagreeing that there is a cross tolerance between pregabalin and benzos so I literally do not know who to agree/believe.

Anyway I'm planning on taking 1200mg Lyrica, yes I am trying to get high but my real questions are:

1) Will there by any dangerous interactions with the pregabalin and penicillin?
2) Is 1200mg going to be enough for a more euphoric like experience given my high benzo tolerance?
3) Is there a danger zone in terms of mgs taken with lyrica for a first time user.
3) I also have some Alprazolam - would taking these whilst on lyrica enhance it in anyway or should I just save them?

I need answers ASAP please because I kind of want to take these now. Also can this just be merged in to the megathread once I have an answer, thanks,

I am on 600-900 mg of Lyrica and 25 mg of Oxazepam per day and I kind of doubt that someone who's used to benzos could get any euphoria out of Pregabalin, even at high doses. Oxazepam is easily one of the least recreational benzos out there, yet I still consider it more "euphoric" (for lack of a better term) than Pregabalin.

Anyway, while I would expect there to be cross-tolerance, why not start with just one 300 mg capsule? If there is no cross-tolerance, it should hit you pretty hard (600 mg/day is normally considered the maximum therapeutic dose). If there isn't, it's atleast going to potentiate the benzos that are still in your system, and you can redose later.

tl/dr: Pregabalin is an effective anxiolytic for generalized anxiety and it will potentiate your benzos, but somebody with a serious tolerance to GABAergics probably isn't really going to get a "high" out of it (unless they're pretty desperate).

Ok ive found out that penicillin has no dangerous cross with pregabalin.

One more question if I dose say 600 will a redose off 600 completely add to that? What I mean is say with LSD once you've dosed you've dosed.

So for harm reduction sake I start with 600 and I can just pop a 300mg cap every hour 1.5 hours to get where I want + add in some xanax to make things interesting and all will be safe?

Ok this can be merged or deleted now.

No danger in taking it with penicillin and still reactions about benzo tolerance.

But I just railed 150mg bombed 150mg and took a 300mg cap. So let's just wait and see if I get the desired effect.

I would have gone for a higher dosage after reading the megathread but safety first!

Don't take more than 600mg in a single dose unless you're familiar with how pregabalin affect you. Over 900mg at once can cause ticks and seizures IIRC (definitely weird ticks and like almost mini-seizures, they aren't painful just weird as hell and a little disturbing).

The best way to take pregabalin is to just eat it. You probably won't get much of significance from snorting it compared to just taking it orally.

300-600mg should definitely get you to where you want to go though. And it will help keep you occupied as you transition off your short little mini-binge of buprenorphine (stuff like pregabalin and gabapentin are great for that).

I am curious about the benzo cross tolerance.

Lyrica definitely has a hallucinogenic effect and a euphoric "up" effect that benzos lack...so you may get some activity

The "ticks" mentioned above are like myoclonic jerking. I get that from pregablin too, but it seems dependent on other factors more than the actual dose itself, i.e. lack of sleep, maybe how much/what I ate that day, etc. It can be crippling, because you can drop where you are standing. It's like your brain shuts off for a split second. It has been discussed before with gabapentinoids.

Well I wish I read these posts before taking 900. Luckily I don't think the 300 i railed didn't do much so I'm guessing I was feeling the effects of 600-700mg (really rough guess). I didn't get any twitches or anything like that but I felt too battered (perfect word for it). I also experienced weird visuals. I had double vision but not like proper double vision where both sides of the double are clear. One was very opaque and moved around a lot but the other half of the double vision was completely clear. I also got mild lsd like trails as well.

All in all if I take this again I would definitely dose at 300mg as I was too high from it. I had to lie down and I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow. Woke up feeling a little heavy but drank a load of water and had a coffee and feel fine now.

The come up was great though felt very nice and I just wanted to talk to people (I think I must of posted in pretty much every thread I could find).

I think that lyrica can be very nice but lower dosage for sure and I personally don't think it has a cross tolerance with benzos.