• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US: Chester Bennington had alcohol in his system when he hanged himself

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Chester Bennington was found with alcohol in his system at the time of his death.

The Linkin Park frontman hanged himself back in July, and an autopsy report shows that Bennington had a small amount of alcohol.

The report also reveals that the singer still had his boarding pass from his flight earlier in the day in his pocket, having returned home early from a family vacation.

Bennington's lifeless body was discovered by his maid on July 20 when she went into his room to tell him that an Uber had arrived to pick him up at the home.

4705642A00000578-5149251-image-m-21_1512510876419.jpg

'Autopsy results are characteristic of suicidal hanging,' reads the report from the LA County Medical Examiner.

'There was a history of suicidal ideation.'

TMZ was the first to obtain the report.

Bennington was found wearing unbuttoned blue jeans and black underwear with no shirt.

No suicide note was found and there was a pint glass of beer that was half full on Bennington's bedside table.

Bennington had left the family vacation early because he had to work on the day in question, and his wife received the call about her husband while driving back from Arizona with their children.

The maid said that she saw Bennington the night before when he arrived home around 10:30pm and noted that nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that time.

Bennington's wife told police that he would have suicidal ideations after drinking, and that he had been sober for six months prior to his suicide.

She noted that at one point in 2006 he drank and left the house with a shotgun threatening to take his own life, forcing her to call police to find him.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5149251/Chester-Bennington-alcohol-ecstasy-system.html

Last edited by a moderator:
MDMA comedown + booze inhibition = suicidal ideation made real.

MDMA comedown + booze inhibition = suicidal ideation made real.

MDMA come downs are the worst. Have been very suicidal after taking xtc, i.e. few days later. However haven't touched pills in well over 8 years

It seems like MDMA comedowns are worse for some people than others.

It also seems like it has a LOT to do with how it's used - meaning the comedown from taking it at the club dancing like a maniac, drinking and taking other drugs is a lot more difficult than the comedown associated with using it more in a more therapeutic and safe setting, like when used without mixing it with other drugs at home or a doctor's office.

The original article was false. There was no MDMA or methamphetamine in the singer's system.

Do you have supporting evidence for this?

If so will delete thread

The Daily Mail corrected the article, as can be seen by clicking the link. I edited the new article in to the first post, so no need to delete the thread.

a few days ago i thought of Bennington, Cornell, and the often utterly perplexing act of suicide and after a quick google search this popped-up.

as stated, i realize suicide is often incomprehensible, but man, i can't imagine looking at this girl and realizing she was my daughter and then deciding to leave the planet. would be pointless assembling words trying to convey that - speechless.

RIP

Last edited: