• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Posting virgin; longtime (thankful!) peruser w/ detox probs

harlemspikes

Bluelighter
Hello, everyone. I’m a newbie to posting on this site, but I’ve been reading various threads for years now, and I wanted to say “hi” and thank the site and its users for their time, support, resources, and tons of information that have cumulatively all truly helped me navigate my five-plus years of relatively severe opiate addiction and subsequent (although not always ironclad “successful”) road to recovery. It’s so incredible that harm reduction-aimed, incredibly informative forums like Bluelight exist, and that the community on here remains so supportive and takes care of its own.

I decided to register and post because I’m dealing with some issues detoxing from years of a high-dose (16mg/day on avg) Suboxone prescription allegedly aimed at treating my hundreds of milligram/day opiate pill addiction and (very) occasional heroin use. I’m a woman in my early 30s living in uptown Manhattan (NYC). I posted about these probs in the “Other Drugs” forum, but no one has replied thus far. Any tips on how to garner responses, or perhaps a better thread on which to post, would be so appreciated! I’m having some difficulties that sort of need immediate assistance (not emergency medical issues or anything like that...just questions perhaps only former or current users might be able to adequately answer). Anyway, nice to formally and finally “meet” you all, and thank you again for years of help!

Hey harlemspikes, welcome to Bluelight!

So glad you've found the forum to be helpful all these years. We rarely hear many of the good news stories, so this is great to hear.

Btw I just moved your thread over to Sober Living, as I think you'll get more feedback there. Not everyone logs in every day, so give it some time, but I'm sure you'll get some helpful responses within a few days.

Good luck!! :)
CFC

I see CFC has beaten me to the punch :) welcome to BL! We’d love to hear from you over in SL, I’m looking forward to it.

Thank you so much, CFC and toothpastedog! I really appreciate the warm welcome, and I equally appreciate this site and its community, as I said. It has prevented me from making some REALLY bad decisions over the past few years, and also helped me make some excellent ones.

When you say you moved my post to Sober Living, do you mean this post or the longer one I posted in the “Other Drugs” section? Just wondering bc I don’t want to mislead about the other, main post’s content: I have been technically using over the last few weeks for the first time in over three and a half years, but generally very lightly and with the purpose of getting OFF Suboxone by skipping the longer DTs from that drug and eventually pushing through the less drawn-out withdrawals of oxy or Morphine. I’m tapering down and in minor withdrawals, but I also had specific questions about heroin usage (an admittedly ill-advised “last hurrah” type of one-time thing, so to speak), so I’m not sure that qualifies as “Sober Living,” but I’m happy to let you all be the judge. I know that this all probably sounds ridiculous and totally counterintuitive, but c’est la vie, I suppose. Please let me know when you get a chance, and thanks so much again!

^ Hey no worries, and thanks for the thanks :D

I moved your other thread. Although the forum is sober living, they'll appreciate what you're going through and give you some pointers. In fact I see some great detailed replies already.

Here's a link to your thread just in case you can't find it. It can be difficult navigating the site at first, but you'll get the hang of all the forums eventually :)

CFC, thank you again, and yes, toothpastedog already gave me some very detailed pointers! I am seriously so grateful for any and all help or suggestions from others who have gone through this. I’ve has two different Suboxone/Bupe/Zubsolv doctors and neither of them knew anything about the meds they were prescribing, really! I wish I had found this website and these forums when I first went on the Subs, but yesterday is gone and all I have is today (and hopefully tomorrow!) Thank you thank you thank you!

Great to hear it harlem, yeah TPD's amazing. Hope to catch you around the forums :)