• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Relative badness of methods of ingestion

The Network

Bluelighter
I've been wondering lately how bad smoking, vaping, (bud) and eating (edibles obviously) are relative to each other. Now obviously so far it's pretty clear edibles are completely harmless as far as things like cancer, emphysema, asthma, etc.

But I'm wondering, if say smoking a joint/blunt is a 10 on the scale, and edibles are 1, where do you think a vaporizer would fall? At low temps I would probably guess it's a 2 or 3 at worst, but for people like me who like to run them on the edge of combustion (DOES NOT COMBUST, but getting as close as safely possible) I imagine it's a bit worse. Question is how much...

Ehh, it's a pretty relative scale and you haven't really given a reference. Like if edibles are 1 and a blunt is a 10 (joint would be lower than a blunt), where is a cigarette? 1000+?

My point is, why be so concerned about such minute differences?

Ehh, it's a pretty relative scale and you haven't really given a reference. Like if edibles are 1 and a blunt is a 10 (joint would be lower than a blunt), where is a cigarette? 1000+?

My point is, why be so concerned about such minute differences?

It's not minute.

It kinda is. The amount of benzene and carbon you'd inhale from a joint is pretty negligible compared with, say, sitting by an open campfire.

Tar and other things are a huge issue... maybe you only care about cancer but I don't want to be choking to death at age 70 because my alveoli are destroyed.

Are you doing a proper study on this or you just want to know the best way to get high with doing the least amount of damage?

Edibles. You want to get high and do nearly no harm to your body just get high off edibles.

EDIT:

Harmful to the body:

1) Smoking a blunt
2) Vaporizing
3) Edibles

End of study?

It kinda is. The amount of benzene and carbon you'd inhale from a joint is pretty negligible compared with, say, sitting by an open campfire.

source?

cannabis smoke is known to contain a lot of the same or similar carcinogens and "bad stuff' as tobacco smoke, The biggest difference is people, in general, pot smokers are inhaling less smoke that a cigarette smoker, so the damage associated with smoking pot is much less than tobacco.

Vaping is definitely less harmful than smoking, but you are still inhaling foreign matter into your lungs. Even at low temps, vaporizers and bags get coated in sticky residue which can't be good for the lungs.

Salutations,

...where do you think a vaporizer would fall? ... Question is how much...

This topic ignited my curiosity years ago:

...after submitting such depleted material to some 7-days water-cleaning method (an "osmosis" thing as i recall, to be exact):

15dsyt5.jpg

Yet the final extract felt absolutely awful with zero benefit to compensate for the intense repulsion it inspired...

8)

As you can imagine that made me want to stop "baking" noble molecules in an HA oven (or similar)...

It won't provide an answer to the "how much" part but it did support my opinion that "BAKING" wasn't such a desirable option as it seemed initially when dealing with what i later started to call "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers".

Now i find the assumption setting edibles as the reference #1 level a bit optimistic because that makes me want to rate my consumption method as ground-ZERO, with the popular vaporizers ranking at level #2 or #3...

My reasoning is this. When "Micro-Bursting" the wave of heat is presumed not to have time to penetrate vegetal tissue as deeply as with an HerbalAire, for example: the pulse is so short it depletes before over-heating and baking can occur.

Comparatively, a person is being exposed to *ALL* compounds present in this same vegetal substrate when ingesting edibles, which i believe could represent an edge feature which even edibles fail to offer, hence my need to add a level or else, reclassify! Being unable to obtain replication followed by peer reviews you can do like everyone else and just discard my whole story.

In any case i feel i'm extracting as much aroma/taste fragrance in a couple "Micro-Tokes" lasting a mere dozen seconds each; using bags it used to require ~3 minutes which translates as a difference in baking that i could verify through simple experimentation. In other words don't bake to avoid creating tar/cauldron by-products, then instead of eating try to apply pulse mode to vaporization in order to benefit from trichome glands but still leaving as much of the rest behind as possible...

Good day, have fun.

Is that really true?
I wouldn't be surprised. It's kinda like people who complain about butane lighters or small ppm's of butane in their extracts, when you are inhaling more butane from just being at work or inside any building with air conditioning. There's legal limits for how much of these chemicals you can be exposed to per shift because most indoor workplaces have small amounts of these chemicals in them.