• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

What causes the major shitty after effect permanent .

lemonman

Bluelighter
Hi,

I saw many reports of this.

They take the drug for a long time and then they have a bad trip, feel like they are dying, etc.. then they have a permanent feeling.
if they take the drug again, it just fucks them up...

what is the neuroscience behind this?.

thanks.

I don't know much about what you speak of, but a quick google search turned this thread up.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/61950-repairing-dxm-induced-damagereversing-dissociation/

I have experimented quite heavily many years ago. I found that the last time I took about 500 mgs I felt nothing and should stop.

When I was doing it on a weekly basis I would notice that I had difficulty focusing, remembering words, and mixing up words within my sentences. It was a very strange time in my life. That was about 10 years ago. The negative effects quickly dissipated when I stopped using it.

For me, Ketamine is still a pleasurable experience and every now and then I get the urge to see if DXM would work again. I had read stories that once it stops working, it stops for good.

I've always blamed this sort of effect on simple learned association. People naturally want to avoid the sort of experiences that produce anxiety/panic so once it happens once or twice on a drug it can be hard to not remember that sense of panic when you redose later.

Seems to happen more with psychedelics than anything else.

I've always blamed this sort of effect on simple learned association. People naturally want to avoid the sort of experiences that produce anxiety/panic so once it happens once or twice on a drug it can be hard to not remember that sense of panic when you redose later.

Seems to happen more with psychedelics than anything else.