• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone else notice if partially vaped weed turns darker over time?

The Network

Bluelighter
I exclusively use a portable vaporizer. Works well for me and way less coughing than smoke, much less potential to cause lung damage if that ends up being a thing.

Once in a while I'll get high way more easily than I thought and I don't want to throw out my already vaped weed, so occasionally I'll leave it in the vape, but usually I take it out and throw it in an empty dispensary container I've been keeping. Often times once I leave it in the container or vape for a day or two, it goes from still looking a little green with lots of light brown mixed, to totally dark brown.

I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this because it's interesting. My gut instinct would be that maybe the heat speeds up degradation of the "plant matter," like cells and chlorophyll. In addition, heat definitely increases oxidation by supplying more energy to overcome initial barriers to reaction and by increasing the likelihood of collision between molecules. So my best bet is it's a rapid oxidation/degradation of the plant matter.

Yeah that's what I figured, seems like almost everything that degrades does so because of oxygen in one way or another. And heat makes the oxygen easier to attach to other molecules so...