• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the purpose of a human?

There is no purpose, have fun enjoy life, fuck what everyone thinks of you.

why do you have to have a purpose? maybe, if so, your purpose is simply to enjoy the journey of life, perhaps considering what your purpose might be along the way?

alasdair

Purpose is like looking too far ahead. Try being just 'on purpose now'. Whatever is happening around you, react with thought. You can get lost if you try to stare forward too hard while planning what to do now.

It seems by now humans have pretty much come to the conclusion that there is no definite purpose to existence. We just are, like other organisms. So you define your purpose however you like, and as long as it doesn't mean hindering other people's "purposes", not many will have a problem with it.

We always seek for a purpose in life, but probably there is none. Billions of years ago when there was a big bang - I mean if there was a big bang, if thats how our life was created, what where the odds anyway? We are here by a chance.

Now if one believes in God, it can of course be different for that person. I dont know what I believe myself but dont really feel like there is any meaning in this. We are meaningless beings in meaningless planet, all just a part of this nature here. Of course we think ourselves as important ones but thats the ego talking

Or shit, I dont know. I dont know anything at all, but its fascinating to hear people's thoughts on this subject

I used to think that life is a gift, that we get once. Might as well live it as well as we can, helping others on the way

man is god who is bored so he lost himself and spends eternity trying to find himself

Eat, shit, die.

And hopefully have some kicks along the way.

If you believe in God, or rather an abrahamic style God, I guess it's whatever he says.
If you don't, there isn't one. Life exists because it can exist. It continues to exist and get better and continuing to exist because it can.

That's the reason, sorry it's not a purpose, but there's no purpose to be found. But so what? All that means is instead of finding "the" purpose you have the wonderful freedom of picking your own.

Very well said Jess. Choice is a beautiful thing.

If you believe in God, or rather an abrahamic style God, I guess it's whatever he says.
If you don't, there isn't one. Life exists because it can exist. It continues to exist and get better and continuing to exist because it can.

That's the reason, sorry it's not a purpose, but there's no purpose to be found. But so what? All that means is instead of finding "the" purpose you have the wonderful freedom of picking your own.

there is no such thing as a an "abrahamic" style of God. abrahamic is an intentional obfuscation of a god "shared" among faiths. the god of the talmud and the babylonian kabbalah is lucifer and not the same god as the father of Jesus, and not the Allah of the koran. so as these are speaking of separate entities, i disbelieve in this concept of an "abrahamic style of god". if these were the same god you would hold the same feeling towards islam as you do towards christians. going further, i believe the general consensus is that islam is a peace oriented religion, whereas christianity is some sort of regressive thorn in society. lets not forget that a more "conservative" form of islam allowed women to drive this year. Progress indeed.

so personally, i think the point of life is to realize your brokeness, your own depravity, and find god through what is considered "sin" by most christians. but i think it goes deeper than that. you realize your imperfect nature. you realize that your own path doesnt work. you realize that your way, in spite of your success only leads to brokenness and that you need something more, what some might call god. whether you believe in jesus or not, certainly most can understand the need for one.

you are conditioned from a young age to focus on the acquisition of money. the beast system is largely a financial one. placing success along with the worthless paper notes you acquire and buy stuff with. most drug addicts dont really care about money, just care about buying drugs. ive been there and in a way you arent incorrect. the flesh craves the spirit and the spirit craves the flesh, your flesh wants to transcend into a spirtual place that drugs take us.

I dont believe in evolution and i believe we are created from dust. i dont believe that evolution is possible in any sort of way and i never have even before i considered myself a christian. I think evolution is really is a pagan story of how the god kronos/saturn/time (lucifer) created life as opposed to what i consider to be the real god. i believe that our flesh is condemned to return to dust after we die. i believe that our spirit returns to the father of all living things and what we consider to be life is a probationary period. you can find the truth, as confusing as this life is, or you can believe the lies. thats what this life is for. finding the truth and changing it or not. i genuinely cant think of a better reason of why were here and it seems like it pretty much has to be the point, even though most people dislike the bible, dislike jesus, its considered unscientific, etc...its all part of overcoming the world in spite of it ALL.

i dont believe in a pagan hell. an eternal torment sort of thing. i can see that people cease to exist though or just die. i dont believe that fear has any part in christianity. thats part of a control mechanism. i think that people will want to continue on when they realize what they realize that most of life created by lies that makes you feel logical about not believing in a god.

but its not easy and i dont think its meant to be. but i think the purpose of life is to find god. change your life and experience a fullness that you didnt have before. stop doing the things that were killing you and go on to an eternal paradise that we cant quite comprehend. i realize this sounds like a fairy tale, but what i think is cool is that its actually real. as i dont handle fakeness very well. everything in life is intended to keep you from this ultimate truth IMO. also as a believer in the "end times" and so forth, the devil has had a considerable amount of time to build his kingdom, so this world is all about deception. what some might refer to as "conspiracy" is really about keeping you from this ONE truth...its a scam to deceive you and i could go on about that in another thread. whether a luciferian or christian its largely centered upon a concept of eternal life. dont get duped.

Fine, a personal god then. All I mean is a the kind of god that is human-like in behavior and motivations as opppsed to a more abstract kind of diety less concerned with telling you what your purpose for existence is.

I really wasn't interested in the theological argument beyond that.

Fine, a personal god then. All I mean is a the kind of god that is human-like in behavior and motivations as opppsed to a more abstract kind of diety less concerned with telling you what your purpose for existence is.

I really wasn't interested in the theological argument beyond that.

I missed your pettiness <3

The purpose of existence is existence. :\

Jammin said:
so personally, i think the point of life is to realize your brokeness, your own depravity, and find god through what is considered "sin" by most christians. but i think it goes deeper than that. you realize your imperfect nature. you realize that your own path doesnt work. you realize that your way, in spite of your success only leads to brokenness and that you need something more, what some might call god. whether you believe in jesus or not, certainly most can understand the need for one.

Why would the purpose of life be to suffer needlessly trying to change something as unchangeable as human nature? I don't think we arose so we could learn something that we wouldn't have even needed to learn had we never arisen.

I truly think the purpose of life is to create more life. I didn't really like The Selfish Gene, but maybe that is the major function behind all organisms, to simply preserve the genetic language. It certainly makes most of our struggles and dilemmas seem totaly and utterly meaningless. Not neccesarily in a good way though.

It occurred to me recently that the human heart is binding in a way. What makes it binding is a DNA factor, I find. A triple helix factor coming to light fast and smoothly, the world is not as dark as it seems. Conspiracies everywhere, if humans were tedious enough to work towards caring enough for salvation as opposed to recklessness and chaos, perhaps we would have a noble answer like a noble gas of sorts. In the light of conspiracy theories, you would find that the human heart is quite a passionate organ indeed. We are creatures of heart, truly and unconditionally. Our history deceives because the heart has a quite noticeable flaw. Anyone can see what it is. Humans are easily susceptible - in other words deceived quite often in fact.

You will find, however, throughout your travels that the journey you take will reveal this flaw is passionate. Humans are capable of so much love that it destroys me to see that some of them - in fact - most of them are not allowed to reach their full light. Being so, if we could ever find that within each other is an underlying and altruistic fashion en marke benevolence is there we could no doubt fashion with truth love and ascension a world worth saving even if we weren't divided.

the god of the talmud and the babylonian kabbalah is lucifer

Pretty sure he's a Demi-God rather than a personified human figure. Being a Demi-God is pretty standard in the animalistic view of the world. That violence feeds us, that lust binds us, etc. To slander the Demi-God is the same as saying humans can exist outside nature, that the world isn't just a pure mechanical form or adheres to mechanistic interpretations of morality as seen from the study of Nature (Physics).

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's a Demi-God rather than a personified human figure. Being a Demi-God is pretty standard in the animalistic view of the world. That violence feeds us, that lust binds us, etc. To slander the Demi-God is the same as saying humans can exist outside nature, that the world isn't just a pure mechanical form or adheres to mechanistic interpretations of morality as seen from the study of Nature (Physics).
Oooooh! (eeewww?!?!!?!????!.???.!!) animarurururur. wa~waaaa!