• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the purpose of a human?

With the increase in human understanding happening almost parabolically, it shouldn't take very many more generations before we can seriously understand an exit strategy. In the mean time we can selectively farm our solar system remotely until we can control the environment enough for humanity.

The current challenge is learning how to co-exist and co-operate so we can last until we understand what options we have available. Getting into space is only difficult now because we are still using currency and working for our selves not our race.

While death to the species is an exit strategy I was thinking more of how to get off the rock we are on and create a new safe place.

And as an option that still allows children we could just make hunting people over 50 a sport and it would keep the population down. Antinatalism or antiagism both could work but neither is a path that really makes sense for the human animal. We have a huge galaxy and billions of years to fill it we could go back slaughtering each other once we had a few excess planets.

Seriously though we have the smartest, best educated, largest number of new people ever born and we are holding them back with the strange human culture we created pretending we were something other than human animals on a rock in space. We have thousands of other animal species to study but we kill them eat them and re-engineer their living areas into cement cities.

I see easy solutions to humanities crisis but it would require us to stop pushing idiots to the front of the bus to drive.

oh but I do take what you said seriously. We are a murdering bunch of demented primates. Smarts is not just knowing higher math. It's wisdom also and as a species we lack it. It's always going to be this way IMO. Even if antinatalism is not the law of the land by adopting it yourself you've done your part to reduce suffering in the universe. That makes you one of the good guys.

I think we are a mistake, life has no meaning really.. technically speaking id say we are here to fuck,make babies, grow old and die .. im athiest/agnosticish so thats where i tend to lean. But all of this sudden shift from nothingness to something (big bang etc) , blows my mind sometimes and i start to ponder.. and it gets me thinking really hard why the fuck are we here ?? Are we the only ones ?? It makes my head hurt thinking about it too long lol.

Who knows for sure, dont think anyone will ever know..

As ive matured over the years ive taken more notice to how quick someone can be here alive one minute and then in a second gone forever. Also the massive number of people who are born/die everyday on earth and the people who came before us, proves to me in my mind to think that we are pretty much a mistake.. NO ONE WILL REMEMBER US

The universe itself will die someday, which just adds to the meaninglessness of it all, atleast to me anyway.. enjoy life while you can i guess. Wenare truely lucky to experience all this. So lucky it all is beautiful cant deny that., im rambling a bit and this might read weirdly im not the best at wording shit. :3

The only purpose is the one we create for ourselves. I used to believe in gods and jesus all that shit. But now I realize there are no gods. "God" is really nothing at all. What nearly everyone calls "nothing" anyway. Humans are a doomed species with no hope of any profound collective evolution. In order for that to happen, every human would have to be an expert meditator for thousands of lifetimes to come. My destiny, purpose, desire is to have at least 15 years worth of the deepest meditation possible. It's also to gain as much spiritual power and knowledge as possible in every life from here on out.. Forever. There'd be no point if this was the only life. All that effort being a complete fucking waste. It disgusts me that "humans" have evolved so little in thousands of years. The minds and bodies today should be far more advanced. That's why I feel it's maybe a mercy to have a species ending event and save this world further torment from a virus. Just let me have those 15 years worth straight up deep as fuck single pointed focus meditative state before it happens.

Hmm just read that up there. Ending of the Universe huh? I'm willing to bet there are fuck tons of more universes. A soul could transcend "the end". A soul could just appear in another universe from out of nothing. Maybe this "nothing" is actually something, who knows. But I intend to make it my mission this life or maybe a few after to find out.

Last edited: