• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do American patients still have the most leeway when trying to get drugs?

I'm in the midwestern us. The county I live in has more opiate prescriptions than any other county in the state. Doctors around here are extremely corrupt.

That's sad :( I wish you guys had a non-profit healthcare system.

Yeah. Heroin is really making an appearance around here last few years. Used to be really rare, now I can't walk down the street without being offered a jab.

Yeah, I think younger ones are more aware of the issues. My grandmother used to get amphetamine prescribed back in the 1950-60s just to 'pep her up', as her doctor would say lol.

I found that 'stand in' young doctors handed me scripts for benzos more than older GPs. I once went in to my GP and they had a very young stand in Dr and I explained my situation regarding social anxiety and just looked in a big book and gave me a script for 10 2mg diaz.

I also had another GP that would let me have 5 1mg lorazapam every 4 weeks.

However if I say a different doctor in the same surgery they would literally say 'i cant believe they did that, it's not the answer'.

This was last year. I think it completely depends on the GP you get at the end of the day. This is in the UK BTW. No idea about the US.

Yeah good insurance helps too. Back in my teens I was covered under my dad's insurance. Hes a federal worker, so the insurance was great. I don't think I ever left a doctor without a script.

No doubt. Social standing plays a big role too I have found. House wives tend to get prescribed whatever they want by male doctors.

I'm in the US and it's damn near impossible to get a benzo prescription, even for legit anxiety attacks which land me in the ER. I've been prescribed benzos, but rarely and most doctors won't do it. I don't have any history of drug use on my medical history, so that's not a factor for me. I don't even like benzos as recreation drugs really, I hate how tired they make me. I prefer to use them when I'm having a really bad anxiety attack where I feel like I'm dying so I don't end up in the ER with another $3000 ER bill with no way to pay it so then it goes to collections and goes on my credit report :! . I don't have insurance and can't afford to go anywhere other than an income based clinic for a regular dr and meds. On the occasion that I could afford to see a real psychiatrist, the different ones I went to prescribed benzos about 40% of the time I guess? But in the US, you're fucked without insurance. Insurance is a luxury here. :X

That blows. I've noticed that older doctors prescribe far easier than younger doctors.

This is so true . I think alot of them aren't as scared to lose thier licences and just want to put away as much as possible for retirement

Times are changing. In the past year or so, I can think of at least 5 people that used to get good scripts and no longer get them. And the amount of pills diverted to the street has reduced pretty dramatically, at least in my circles... But my circle is pretty wide, I have an extensive network of pharm sources.

The pain management "contracts" are the new thing, and those contracts are strict. I even knew one dude that violated his contract by smoking cigarettes. I swear I'm not making that up.

Opiods will never, ever be prescribed like they used to be in the US. That time is over.

Benzos aren't that hard to get if you can carry on a decent conversation with a doc, without looking like a seeker... but as with anything, it all depends on the doctor...