• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo's general discussions, no opioids please.

Price you pay for messing with benzos dude. I doubt you'll have bad withdrawal/if any from what you've posted.

i don't think so either. anyways, it will be more the psychological withdrawal like depression and shit instead of physical like puking and stuff...
I didn't quite messed with them, i do found them enjoyble tho, but i've used them with caution, well, at least at the beginning
And really don't know what to do when i get out with my friends besides of drinking beer, who the fuck goes out and drinks a fucking cup o f tea..
no thanks. i have tea at home. or water, or juice

since marijuana does give me some pannic attacks for no reason i do have to drink like 2 beers and a diazepam before smoking,

Last edited:
I think I am possibly in a dangerous situation. Need options /advice knowing no one on this site is a doctor or suitable person to give the RIGHT advice. Just looking for OPINIONS. Well on a good not I am basically clean from all opiates for the first time in a while . My new concern is that during my own detox , I used more then my prescribed klonopin. I get 2 (1) mg tabs a day. #60/month . Today I ran out . My refill I am embarrassed to say is available on or about 48-72 hours prior to the 17th of this month . I have been taking about 2 mg a day for about 2 years . I never ran out early . Never call in early . This month I ****** up big time . Very concerned w/ wd , especially seizures , or worst , death . I am already anxious thinking about it . Opinions, thoughts , ideas ?

I think I am possibly in a dangerous situation. Need options /advice knowing no one on this site is a doctor or suitable person to give the RIGHT advice. Just looking for OPINIONS. Well on a good not I am basically clean from all opiates for the first time in a while . My new concern is that during my own detox , I used more then my prescribed klonopin. I get 2 (1) mg tabs a day. #60/month . Today I ran out . My refill I am embarrassed to say is available on or about 48-72 hours prior to the 17th of this month . I have been taking about 2 mg a day for about 2 years . I never ran out early . Never call in early . This month I ****** up big time . Very concerned w/ wd , especially seizures , or worst , death . I am already anxious thinking about it . Opinions, thoughts , ideas ?

This type of situation requires medical attention. I would go to the ER instead of going cold turkey from clonazepam. Getting some help is better then developing a sezuire disorder. Get off BL and get your ass to the hospital.

Maybe this will alert your prescriber that you require a higher dose. Do not depend on alcohol to fend off WD's. More then 2 mg's of clonazepam per day could easily cause some serious medical complications if abruptly discontinued. You can decide what you want to tell the medical staff.

Never tried opioids, never had access to them, besides tramadol and codeine of course; To tramadol i'm allergic, not like histamine kind of allergy, the real one, like, if i take 150mg of tramadol, i'm fucked, not high though, just all the nasty fucked up reactions, thats it. As for codeine, i'm ok, the highest dose for me was like 100mg i think :)))

Wow , Prescottdave, you have me a little concerned. I have work tonight at 3:30-10-11pm. You really think a few mg's of pins will throw me into the danger zone if ceased abruptly? Not even thinking of the uncomfortable wd's , I am concerned about seizures

Today I ran out . My refill I am embarrassed to say is available on or about 48-72 hours prior to the 17th of this month . I have been taking about 2 mg a day for about 2 years . I never ran out early . Never call in early . This month I ****** up big time . Very concerned w/ wd , especially seizures , or worst , death . I am already anxious thinking about it . Opinions, thoughts , ideas ?

This type of situation requires medical attention. I would go to the ER instead of going cold turkey from clonazepam. Getting some help is better then developing a sezuire disorder. Get off BL and get your ass to the hospital.

^this

there's a time and a place for discussion, speculation and opinions: benzo wd isn't one of them.
best swallow your pride (along with one or two emergency k-pins) and get yourself on down to A&E.
opioids shouldn;t be your concern rn.
please keep us update

Ethanol does affect the GABA-a side of the GABA complex, just not at the BZD site. It has a more general an fairly poorly understood effect but has been shown to potentiate GABA regulated current. Though for practical use ethanol is not interchangeable with benzos or other pharma depressants.

^correct. alcohol LARGELY affects GABA but not at the BZD site, it makes the receptor open more easily and for longer once GABA itself binds, potentiating the neurotransmitter. Benzos bind and activate the receptor without the need for GABA to bind too (so they in a way mimic GABA)

Well so far today beside my anxiety of the possibility of a seizure, I feel ok. I took 20 mg of adderall. And about 900mg of gabapentin. I am probably not gonna work today . But idk, at the moment I feel ok. Not downsizing your concern, my cousin cold turkey a major Xanax addiction with no serious problem or seizures. Gonna play by air and will update you guys . And thank you all for the advice as I am 39 year old man living alone .

Well so far today beside my anxiety of the possibility of a seizure, I feel ok. I took 20 mg of adderall. And about 900mg of gabapentin. I am probably not gonna work today . But idk, at the moment I feel ok. Not downsizing your concern, my cousin cold turkey a major Xanax addiction with no serious problem or seizures. Gonna play by air and will update you guys . And thank you all for the advice as I am 39 year old man living alone .

The evidence showing benzo withdrawal not only puts you at a risk of seizures and death but cognitive deficits is overwhelming. The toxic effects on your nervous system can be lessened by initiating a taper.

Just know that even if you do not have a seizure you are putting yourself at a higher risk of relapse and sometimes permanent toxic effects to your nervous system. When I used to be dependent upon 2 mg of ativan I remember my doctor stating, "The 2mg mark is usually approaching seizure territory if you abruptly stop taking it."

I guess I just don't mess around when faced with the possibility of dying. I found it gets the hardest physically between the 5-10 day mark. Remember that clonazepam has a halflife that lasts about 25-30 hours so not all of the medication has left your system.

Last edited:
A one month control substance you can call in 7 days early and have it filled. Let me clarify that you have been using a double dose for the last two weeks, leaving you high and dry 2 weeks early? I don't think you are in seizure territory, but some serious and painful withdrawals and insomnia. I do not wish to recommend anything else, but two beers at night will help ease some of your symptoms.

Be careful, I had an 18 month habit of some RC benzo. When I ran out and went into terrible withdrawal and started drinking at night to mask the WD symptoms. 2 years later I'm a full blown alcoholic. I still use benzos, but simply to curb my delerium tremens in the middle of the day. Benzos give me zero high anymore, but clonazepam helps me sleep when I can't. I've cut my drinking down to less than 50 percent so I don't need the benzos anymore. This is not advice, just an anecdote.

A one month control substance you can call in 7 days early and have it filled. Let me clarify that you have been using a double dose for the last two weeks, leaving you high and dry 2 weeks early? I don't think you are in seizure territory, but some serious and painful withdrawals and insomnia. I do not wish to recommend anything else, but two beers at night will help ease some of your symptoms.

Be careful, I had an 18 month habit of some RC benzo. When I ran out and went into terrible withdrawal and started drinking at night to mask the WD symptoms. 2 years later I'm a full blown alcoholic. I still use benzos, but simply to curb my delerium tremens in the middle of the day. Benzos give me zero high anymore, but clonazepam helps me sleep when I can't. I've cut my drinking down to less than 50 percent so I don't need the benzos anymore. This is not advice, just an anecdote.

Can you reference that? Pharmacies literally won't allow us to fill a 30 day rx after 28 days; once, 29 or 30 days was on a day they were closed, so the the day after would have been 31 days,(or 30 days at earliest). The day before they were closed was the 28th or 29th day(90% sure it would've been 28th day) so called to get them, said no. Reminded them they were closed the next day, and they said to wait an extra day(2 days since they were closed) and simply refused to fill it.

And it was just a benzodiazepine rx, and hydroxyzine, I think.

Ridiculous, the Dr has had to call before to tell them to fill it 4 weeks later.

They usually won't even give hydroxyzine (pamoate) until 29 days

It is absurd. They can do what they want,

If you could provide a reference, would be great :)

"No additional prescriptions for a controlled substance may be issued by a practitioner to an ultimate user within 30 days of the date of any prescription previously issued unless and until the ultimate user has exhausted all but a seven days' supply of that controlled substance provided by any previously issued prescription."

This is answered by a NYS pharmacist. https://www.pharmacistanswers.com/questions/early-controlled-substance-fills-at-pharmacy Keep in mind this is NYS and can vary. I don't know.

As far as the pharmacist goes, it is very simple .. all my doc would half to do is fax over a different dose, or simply a different benzo and the pharmacy has no choice but to fill it . I am just nervous about calling my doc Monday morning

This is misinformation. I have worked in a number of states in the medical field and in most circumstances a pharmacy will only fill 3 days ahead of the refill date. To get around this your doc can up the dose or change the medication. 4 mg per day of clonazepam is most certainly in sezuire territory. Good luck.

Benzo tolerance is from ONLY using benzos. They are not MOOD stabilizers nor are they EUPHORIANTS however they are essential in ADHD

Benzo tolerance is from ONLY using benzos. They are not MOOD stabilizers nor are they EUPHORIANTS however they are essential in ADHD

There is cross tolerance between benzos and other gabaergics such as alcohol. Also, I would never recommend benzos for ADHD, though it may work for some.

Alcohol increases the benzo tollerance but also potentiate it when used together. That i've learned on my own skin like litteraly. When i take 5 mg of alprazolam i barely feel them.
Drink 5-6 beers i'm barely drunk.
Take 5mg of alprazolam and drink 5-6 beers and BOOM i fall like a fuking sack of potatos :)))

in conclusion, change the benzo and go easy with the beers, like drink them slower and wait longer before taking another pill, this way i'll be safe.

Oh and don't do this every day, with 2-3 day breaks or maybe a week from each of the substances, i'll worry less of my health.

I have years of taking benzos especially xanax, but i didn't took them every day
I've also had breaks sometimes months of not taking anything but a beer or two (or 5).
Sure alcohol could mask the benzo withdrawal but you have to take benzos everyday for years without interruption to be addicted and suffer from withdrawall.

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

I will leave this thread open for now .

Thanks for leaving this thread open . I like to come back and get more opinions and also update you guys.. tonight in about 4 hours will be 48 hours of NO substance. NO opiate or benzo's. In fact on the opiates part , it's been since 11/29 since laste 30mg of oxycodone. Before that it was I believe the 27th when I finished my last piece of a sub.

Well let me say this , my anxiety is sky high . Combo of rebound and the fear of a seizure. When I think about it , I never really went over 2mg pins nightly. Maybe 3mg few times . I did get my self into this mess, I let a family member with their anxiety, I believe that person may of also helped themselves to my bottle. There's no way I am 2 weeks early taking as prescribed and not having another person in my bottle . Either way , so today I am anxious like I said , but the lethargy and lack of energy feels like my ol to familiar opiate wd. But I am not sure what's going on . Probably because I have had no chemicals in my system in almost 48 hours . I am supposed to work tomorrow at 10am. I am working now and it's agony. I work in a high volume fast paced restaurant. I am not sure what to say if I call my doctor tomorrow.

Thanks for leaving this thread open . I like to come back and get more opinions and also update you guys.. tonight in about 4 hours will be 48 hours of NO substance. NO opiate or benzo's. In fact on the opiates part , it's been since 11/29 since laste 30mg of oxycodone. Before that it was I believe the 27th when I finished my last piece of a sub.

Well let me say this , my anxiety is sky high . Combo of rebound and the fear of a seizure. When I think about it , I never really went over 2mg pins nightly. Maybe 3mg few times . I did get my self into this mess, I let a family member with their anxiety, I believe that person may of also helped themselves to my bottle. There's no way I am 2 weeks early taking as prescribed and not having another person in my bottle . Either way , so today I am anxious like I said , but the lethargy and lack of energy feels like my ol to familiar opiate wd. But I am not sure what's going on . Probably because I have had no chemicals in my system in almost 48 hours . I am supposed to work tomorrow at 10am. I am working now and it's agony. I work in a high volume fast paced restaurant. I am not sure what to say if I call my doctor tomorrow.

holy shit I've been working once in a restaurant like that, i was in the kitchen only making salads, but trust me, i had to make like 100 to 200 salads a day. but the good part was that i was working surrounded by friends only and drinking beer while working, of course the boss never knew, it was fun though we couldn't survive without beer and without each other in that kitchen :))

in my first day there i brought 30 tablets of 0.5 mg xanax and got the whole restaurant staff fucking wasted :)))).