• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shale

Bluelighter
Justice League
Movie Blurb by Shale
November 29, 2017

“Publix Girl” invited me to the movie today to see Justice League. We met up at the Regal Cinema on South Beach for a 12:30 PM matinee and really enjoyed this latest DC Action movie in an empty auditorium.

Shale & Publix Girl
2017%2011-29%20Justice%20League%203%20Web_zpsdztc6ked.jpg

Action started from the opening scene and continued thru the entire movie. IDK if this requires a SPOILER WARNING, but you know Superman who died in the movie Batman vs Superman (2016) is in the Justice League. Most of the posters for this movie do not have him but some do. So, sorry, if you didn’t suspect it – he is in this movie.

new-justice-league-posters-released-feature-superman-social.jpg

The movie starts with Batman (Ben Affleck) chasing and capturing a strange creature who is attracted to fear that we learn later to be a parademon who is working for the real villain of this movie a very powerful Steppenwolf, who was once banished in ancient times by the combined forces of Olympians, Amazons, Atlanteans and Green Lanterns. Seems the time is right for his return as one of three boxes containing his power is stolen from the Amazons. Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) is made aware of this and she, as Diana Prince, contacts her friend Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck again for the uninitiated).

Steppenwolf
xfvqxqyiv4sseso4a9hs.jpg

They decide to assemble a league of metahumans to help them in this fight against a most formidable foe and approach Barry Allen / The Flash (Ezra Miller), Arthur Curry / Aquaman (Jason Momoa) and Victor Stone / Cyborg (Ray Fisher). Oh, and as I spoiled before, they resurrect Clark Kent / Superman (Henry Cavill). You can see how they do that in the movie.

Aquaman with Tats
justice_league_aquaman_jason_momoa.jpg

The rest is a worldwide battle with this new Justice League learning to compliment each other’s special skill set to fight Steppenwolf and his league of flying parademons.

Both Publix Girl and I liked this movie. Apparently much more than the aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes who only gave it a 41% Fresh. Their consensus was: "Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn't enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise."

However, 82% of audiences liked it, so it appears to be made for us and not critics.

Oh, and just like the Marvel movies there is a scene after the end credits. I didn’t know DC movies did that but luckily Publix Girl and I stayed talking in the empty auditorium while the credits rolled.