• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Your experience with CBD?

CBD oil is not legal in all 50 states. You should see the shitfest that is going on in my old homestate, Indiana. A lot of the heavily religious indoctrinated states that have no separation between church and state will fight it tooth and nail until the end of time.

In regards to getting a medical marijuana card. It's nice to have for the legality sake, but I still deal with the black market as they aren't adding in the costs of overhead, employment wages, trivial packaging costs, and their own personal opinion on what "retail" marijuana should cost.

I have not been to the CO scene yet, but I'd love to check it out. Maine has a wonderful program, but it's slowly being dismantled as they are now trying to figure out how recreational/medicinal laws and programs will coexist.

I made a cursory glance at an article that said it was legal in all 50 states but come to think of it if I remember correctly, and it's entirely possible that I'm not, I think there was something about Indiana having a problem with CBD oil.

Too bad about Maine. I imagine that inevitable transition from medical to recreational creates that problem for a lot of states. CO is outstanding from what I gleaned from my recent visit. I gravitated to the edibles because they said smoking in public is not permitted. We were staying in a hotel and didn't think the reeking of that skunky stuff would go over very well with the hotel.

With whether to go with the card or the black market I totally agree with you. Where I live it's the policeman's call whether to arrest you or just give you a fine nowadays.

I don't believe CBD has any real psychoactive effects from what I interpret from the dispensary employees here in Maine. Smoking on high CBD/low THC strains gave me little to no actual "high" or buzz. Just a calming sensation, but I think that's more due to the tranquility I find in just smoking.

Sometimes I wonder if I just enjoy the act of smoking more so than the actual substances that I burn.

Next time I'm at a dispensary I'll grab some of the pamphlets they have. There is a bunch of witch doctor-ish papers at these dispensaries promoting holistic approaches so you have to really cipher through a lot of the B.S

That is somewhat misleading. Psychoactive meaning "affecting the mind", which it does - it just doesn't produce a high. But its affect is produced by interacting with CB receptors in the brain, so it is definitely psychoactive. Budtenders really spread a lot of false or misleading information unfortunately. They are retail workers... it's sort of like getting supplement advice from the guy at GNC. They may have a little insight on the product but they are definitely not experts on the subject.

And who knows who wrote the pamphlet.

That is somewhat misleading. Psychoactive meaning "affecting the mind", which it does - it just doesn't produce a high. But its affect is produced by interacting with CB receptors in the brain, so it is definitely psychoactive. Budtenders really spread a lot of false or misleading information unfortunately. They are retail workers... it's sort of like getting supplement advice from the guy at GNC. They may have a little insight on the product but they are definitely not experts on the subject.

And who knows who wrote the pamphlet.

CBD does not have a high binding affinity to CB1 receptors [1]. (EDIT: I should not state an absolute.) "In contrast to ?9-THC, CBD lacks detectable and only displaces [3H]CP55940 from cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors at concentrations in the micromolar range.."

Whatever you think you are experiencing from CBD is most likely incomplete extraction and still has psychoactive cannabinoids within it. Or it's pure placebo effect from the idea and understanding that you are consuming a product that is a derivative from a plant that is notorious for being used to get high.

You go to any legit dispensary, they will tell you, "No. True CBD will not get you high." There is known effects of an anti-psychotic mechanisms to CBD if you take the time to do some research.

You obviously don't understand the hoops you have to jump through to even get a dispensary license in some of these states.

What you just made on that claim is no worse than stoners spewing anecdotal experiences. I just mentioned I might grab some pamphlets next time I'm in there. Considering there is quite a few established clinics here with licensed medical professionals, I feel that they aren't putting out too much b.s...

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219532/

Last edited:
CBD does not bind to CB1 receptors [1]. "In contrast to ?9-THC, CBD lacks detectable and only displaces [3H]CP55940 from cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors at concentrations in the micromolar range.."

Whatever you think you are experiencing from CBD is most likely incomplete extraction and still has psychoactive cannabinoids within it. Or it's pure placebo effect from the idea and understanding that you are consuming a product that is a derivative from a plant that is notorious for being used to get high.

You go to any legit dispensary, they will tell you, "No. True CBD will not get you high." There is known effects of an anti-psychotic mechanisms to CBD if you take the time to do some research.

You obviously don't understand the hoops you have to jump through to even get a dispensary license in some of these states.

What you just made on that claim is no worse than stoners spewing anecdotal experiences. I just mentioned I might grab some pamphlets next time I'm in there. Considering there is quite a few established clinics here with licensed medical professionals, I feel that they aren't putting out too much b.s...

I'm glad they are doing the system well in Maine. Perhaps, Mafioso is more used to the experience you'll receive in a CA where the system is very relaxed on who can work in these places. In my anecdotal experiences, most budtenders in Southern California are probably average age of 22 and know about as much as anyone in this thread about Cannabis, if you are lucky. Santa Ana/Anaheim area has a majority of dispensaries that I would not recommend stepping foot in and the budtenders are more for sex appeal then knowledge it's one of the worst things about the Cannabis scene in CA.

CBD does not bind to CB1 receptors [1]. "In contrast to ?9-THC, CBD lacks detectable and only displaces [3H]CP55940 from cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors at concentrations in the micromolar range.."

My experience? I never claimed that I got "high" or that CBD got anyone high... there are a lot of assumptions in your post.

Owning and managing a dispensary is much different than working retail at one. There are highly qualified consultants and possibly employees, but the majority of bud tenders are definitely not licensed medical professionals. Despite what you seem to think, I have a fair amount of first hand experience with this subject in CA. If you have any knowledge to add, I would be open to hear it.

I was trying to point out that something doesn't have to get you high to be considered psychoactive.
"Cannabidiol has very low affinity for the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of these receptors.[17][18] It may potentiate THC's effects by increasing CB1 receptor density or through another CB1 receptor-related mechanism.' "Cannabidiol has been found to act as an antagonist of GPR55, a G protein-coupled receptor and putative cannabinoid receptor that is expressed in the caudate nucleus and putamen in the brain.[21] It has also been shown to act as a 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist,[22] and this action may be involved in the antidepressant,[23][24] anxiolytic,[24][25] and neuroprotective[26][27] effects of cannabidiol. It is an allosteric modulator of the ?- and ?-opioid receptors as well.[28] Cannabidiol's pharmacological effects have additionally been attributed to PPAR? agonism and intracellular calcium release.[6]'"

low affinity, not no affinity. It's interaction is more complex than I previously stated though.. There is no need to turn what could be an intelligent discussion into a flame war. I don't see how you can logically claim that it has anti-psychotic effects but is not psychoactive was my point.

Last edited:
My experience? I never claimed that I got "high" or that CBD got anyone high... there are a lot of assumptions in your post.

Owning and managing a dispensary is much different than working retail at one. There are highly qualified consultants and possibly employees, but the majority of bud tenders are definitely not licensed medical professionals. Despite what you seem to think, I have a fair amount of first hand experience with this subject in CA. If you have any knowledge to add, I would be open to hear it.

I was trying to point out that something doesn't have to get you high to be considered psychoactive.
"Cannabidiol has very low affinity for the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of these receptors.[17][18] It may potentiate THC's effects by increasing CB1 receptor density or through another CB1 receptor-related mechanism.' "Cannabidiol has been found to act as an antagonist of GPR55, a G protein-coupled receptor and putative cannabinoid receptor that is expressed in the caudate nucleus and putamen in the brain.[21] It has also been shown to act as a 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist,[22] and this action may be involved in the antidepressant,[23][24] anxiolytic,[24][25] and neuroprotective[26][27] effects of cannabidiol. It is an allosteric modulator of the ?- and ?-opioid receptors as well.[28] Cannabidiol's pharmacological effects have additionally been attributed to PPAR? agonism and intracellular calcium release.[6]'"

low affinity, not no affinity. It's interaction is more complex than I previously stated though.. There is no need to turn what could be an intelligent discussion into a flame war. I don't see how you can logically claim that it has anti-psychotic effects but is not psychoactive was my point.

My apologies, I meant psychoactive in a different sense and was obviously incorrect. I was thinking in terms of producing a "high", however considering micromolar interaction. The study stated that it lacked detectable psychoactivity. There is still a lot that is unknown.

Also when you copy and paste something you generally provide a reference for the material. I see parenthetical citations, but no sources. You legitimately just copied that out of wikipedia..lol And yet you want to cast down doubt on a professional trying to create a well thought out pamphlet that sits in many offices that cater towards cannabis related services....

There was no flaming just pointing out a rather audacious claim being backed up from an experience that may be isolated to just you or just to a specific state's set up.

And to point out my own ignorance to the situation, In Maine we don't have any recreational dispensaries yet. The law passed for recreational use, but the governor has vetoed quite a few bits of legislation that has since postponed the actual sale of it. So you either have the black market, acquire a card yourself, or find a friend with a card. You can walk into dispensaries as long you are of age, but you cannot make a purchase without paperwork.

Last edited:
My own personal experience from CBD was both liquid form and gummies. I purchased some gummies from a local shop. I took one and actually felt pretty good, smooth and simple buzz, less anxiety and anxious. However I did get greedy and ate another. I don't remember the mg of these but a second one was definitely too much. I felt very strange, not like a pot high, more of a processed high.. strange feeling. I purchased some liquid not long after, figuring this may be easier to control the dosage. It suggested one drop, when first reading this I thought it said one dropper full. Gahh, guess I'm not too good with following directions. Same affect for me, feeling very strange and overly high. Not a pleasant experience. However, this hasn't completely dettered me from CBD. I have been pot free for about seven days now and I do kind of miss smoking, I'm considering trying CBD one more time. Not sure where to start though or what dosage. I know in fact my tolerance is super low. However , overall I can say the feeling you get from it , in my opinion, is not the same as marijuana. However, I did feel not as much anxiety as when I smoke.

My apologies, I meant psychoactive in a different sense and was obviously incorrect. I was thinking in terms of producing a "high", however considering micromolar interaction. The study stated that it lacked detectable psychoactivity. There is still a lot that is unknown.

Also when you copy and paste something you generally provide a reference for the material. I see parenthetical citations, but no sources. You legitimately just copied that out of wikipedia..lol And yet you want to cast down doubt on a professional trying to create a well thought out pamphlet that sits in many offices that cater towards cannabis related services....

There was no flaming just pointing out a rather audacious claim being backed up from an experience that may be isolated to just you or just to a specific state's set up.

And to point out my own ignorance to the situation, In Maine we don't have any recreational dispensaries yet. The law passed for recreational use, but the governor has vetoed quite a few bits of legislation that has since postponed the actual sale of it. So you either have the black market, acquire a card yourself, or find a friend with a card. You can walk into dispensaries as long you are of age, but you cannot make a purchase without paperwork.

I could have sited the wikapedia article but that isn't really a citation, the sources are there for you to check out.. you clearly know where to find it.

Appealing to authority doesn't make your claim valid, all I was doing was stating the fact that anyone can produce a pamphlet. Many organizations have pamphlets that have false, unsubstantiated, or exaggerated claims, I think we should just be aware of this and not blindly believe something is factual because it was produced by an organization.

I'm curious to hear about the qualifications which you insinuate that I know nothing about. My experience is anecdotal, but it's also backed with a fair amount of knowledge as well. I know multiple people who have worked as bud tenders in CA, I have met owners of dispensaries and have worked with multiple dispensaries as well. I am pretty familiar with the required qualifications in my state. You definitely do not need to be anything close to a medical professional to work as a bud tender and in fact, you would be drastically over qualified and under paid. I don't see how it is audacious, if you care to explain how my understanding is lacking and provide me with a corrected view I am more than open.

You cited a very long study without any direct quotes, only your very brief summary so forgive me for not taking your word on the subject.

If psychoactive is only understood as "capable of producing a high" then drugs like antidepressants, among a ton of other psychotropic medications, would not be considered psychoactive, which is generally regarded as false.

i have had it as a tincture, and as pure crystals (i measure out usually between 10 and 50 mg for a bowl). i find that orally, it is barely active, but can still modify a cannabis high. i prefer vaporizing the crystals.

pure cbd:
definitely ever-so-slightly relaxing, not as strong as a light dose of benzos, but nice. like taking ten slow, deep breaths, but it lasts a few hours, and is decent for sleep and less serious anxiety.

cbd+a LOT of pot:
the cbd seems to modify the high, making me less tense. if my tolerance is low, this combo can actually intensify some of the trippiness of the pot high, while reducing anxiety and crazythoughts. its hard to explain, but the high is just... different.

LOT of cbd, little bit of pot:
the relaxation is pronounced, no crazythoughts, the high is quite muted. i find if i take too much cbd, ill need much more pot to get g.i. medicinal effects (i use it for gerd, gastroenteritis, ibs). cbd heavy combos promote sleep better than cbd alone, ime.

if i eat a potent edible, and when im good and stoned, vape a cbd-only bowl, its pretty much lights out within a half-hour.

I use CBD (pure) and CBD with terpenes. Wonderful medicine. I eat and feel sane. The stuff with terpenes gives me a buzz.

with my epilepsy that i have had for 20-something years, i have taken cbd oil for the past year of my life and i have actually had no seizures. i smoke weed, do meth and occasionally fake bake but i have not had any seizures at all since i have started doing meth and taking cbd oils. go figure weird shit.

You ask some excellent questions ?FLA? and they?re so good I now want to learn everything I can about CBD?s because your spending a lot of money on it for very little effect while at the same time, not knowing anything about it like me. Now I want to know. So many people on this forum are taking CBD without knowing what the hell its actually supposed to accomplish. And they?re all spending big bucks on it too!

The ?Kicker? for me is, I have no interest in trying it yet because its like, ?diving into unknown waters? and I don?t wanna crack my head open on a massive rock hiding just below the surface. So like I said, my fascination with CBD is now strictly academic so I can answer all these great questions. The problem for me now becomes, who?s info do I trust. No offence to this, or any other forum but I can?t trust what people say here because we?re all hiding behind fake usernames and nobody?s got any real proof to back up what they say, or is packing any personal or professional validity.

I?m learning to answer these questions from doctors who are research scientists working at major universities. The problem with these folks however is first determining which university itself is not just a mouth piece for one or more of the major Big Pharma companies who are just paying these scientists to say what Big Pharma wants them to say so they end up promoting their patented drugs.

So another ?Kicker? is CBD can?t be patented because it?s an extract from an all natural source. The sneaky exception of course is synthetic CBD which can be patented because like pharmaceuticals, they?re secret chemical recipes. And they?re suppose to be garbage anyway!

My understanding of CBD is very simple so far: it can come in oil form to rub on the skin, tinctures to be swallowed or substances like oils for vaping or mixed into edibles (which are very bad for you anyway because of the high sugar content edibles contain). And they should be taken for medicinal reasons to accomplish solving some medicinal issue you are having. But people on forums are saying they?re experimenting with them to get high. Weird.

I?m an Old School grower and like to smoke weed to get high. I grow it to make money. Cut and dried, black and white. The strains I smoke get me high in their own unique ways that are consistent every time and something I can depend on. This is definitely not the case for CBD.

As a big commercial black market grower, you?ve got to have systems in place at every stage that you can depend on to give you the same great results every time. Take auto-trimming machines for example. I got into them because hand-trimmers for the most part weren?t dependable and far from trustworthy. Hence my sampling of auto-trimmers. These things are very expensive and only work well for a limited time until you have to stop the whole show to maintain them and in many cases send them away for repair. A major drag.

There is one auto dry trimming machine I eventually found that I can depend on though. It?s total-cool shit cause its so simple and doesn?t use blades to get jammed with resin or have a ton of complicated mechanical parts to break down! I have 4 of these now and they don?t even need any maintenance to keep running strong every harvest. They go by the name of, Tom?s Tumble Trimmer. They?re little work horses I can depend on to trim, separate and collect pure filtered kief. The leaves and kief I sell to extraction companies who make CBD for the most part when I?m not using a little to make my own bubble hash?which again, I can always depend on.

So the only thing about CBD I am sure of at this point is that you know its good if it has right on the label that its certified pure by a reputable scientific lab company with that lab company?s name right on the packaging. Even though, (HA HA) I?m still not planning to ?experiment? on it any time soon.

Not until I have all the facts from university studies I can trust and depend on. The bottom line is that I don?t need to try any health cures cause I?m still healthy as a horse and plan to live a VERY long happy life without CBD thank you very much!

But I?m a relentlessly curious dude and will fill you folks hunting for real CBD answers they can depend on as I find them.

Hope this helps ya all.

Keen For Green

If you're trying to feel anything from CBD I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. In my experiences with CBD it's nice when you're coming off stimulants, like a weaker benzo, and it has very weak anxiolytic effects. I would feel a very slight increase in well-being and less anxious at around 150 mg of CBD.

Like others said it seems to be most noticeable in combination with THC, where it seems to lessen the more psychoactive components

Edit: Also if someone tries to treat anything with high doses of CBD it becomes very expensive very quick.
"Has very weak anxiolytic effects" In other words, indistinguishable from placebo. I know it has legitimate medical uses, but if you want something psychoactive, CBD isn't what you're looking for. So I pretty much agree with your take. I use a "full spectrum" CBD oil sometimes when coming down from speed, and it makes me feel slightly tired. Whether it actually produces that feeling or it's just placebo I cant tell, because it's so subtle.

Last edited:
I used to suffer from sleep deprivation. I would highly recommend solving the problem as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will reach a state of chronic fatigue, and it takes much more to rehabilitate from it. Anyone who says that their body gets used to it is complete bullshit. Your body cannot adapt to sleep deprivation as it doesn’t go through the necessary processes which it normally does while you sleep. I took CBD isolate oils to cure it, and it helped me. I never tried CBD: THC. Does it have any health benefits, or is it just to get high?

Last edited:
just had my first cbd, cigarette with around 20mg in it. its weak, youre not really stoned but somehow a little buzzed. music enhancement is there, not as strong as with regular weed though. its ok for in between times.

it does nothing.

not smoked not eaten not plugged nothing

for me anyway.

that is until I let the isolate go off for a year.

then mix it with some turps and eat it.

then I can sleep when coming off pot no matter how much or how long I smoked for.

wasnt sure about it, too. if it has some central action but its defenetively active, weak but youre relaxed. maybe not for a stoner who normally does 1g weed a day.