• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My 100% recovery story about long term side effects of XTC

groberg

Greenlighter
Hey Guys, i want to share my 10 Month recovery story about the long term side effects i experienced after taking XTC.
First of all i want to say, that you will reach a 100% recovery and will feel healthy again.
About 3 Years ago, i went on a music festival and took the half of a pill, like my friend.
We had our fun but the next day i felt absolutely horrible. After a week i asked him how he felt and he said that he is alright. But i wasnt.
I had still the following symptoms:

• - numbed feelings and emotions
    - anxiety
    - depression
    - brain fog
    - dizzyness
    - confusion
    - blurry vision
    - headaches
    - no sharp thinking
    ...you name it.
By the way I felt very unsecure even after weeks or months when i drove my car because i felt like i couldnt see as good as before that incident. I even went to see three doctors, one general doctor and two psychiatrists. My house doctor said, dont worry, you will be fine, the brain rewires itself. The psychiatrist said i shouldnt do anything about it and the other one said i should start psychotherapy. I was seriously thinking about that but i didnt start it. Anyhow, luckily i found this website and felt relieved, by recognizing i wasnt the only one experiencing this hell. After getting myself informed about the suggestions given here, i did pretty much exactly that:
- Exercising. For me: moderatly 3 times a week running and going to the gym

• Socializing. (very important) Eventhough i felt like shit i was seeing friends, went to the cinema and so on... Pretending that i was okay. I tried to distract myself and not ruminate about what happened. I just tried to believe that everything will be okay one day.
    Of course, i did have my bad and lazy days, with dark thoughts but that was okay for me, because im just human and it made me proud that i was giving my best at overcoming this obstacle.
  • Healthy eating. I changed my diet quite a bit and started taking following supplements:Spirulina Powder, Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules, Maca Powder, 5 HTP Capsules and Chia Seeds. No drugs or alcohol.
  • Keeping stress to a minimun.
As you can see, a general healthy lifestyle. Honestly, i didnt see a lot of improvements over the months but my blurry vision and other symptoms disapperad after a while slowly but surely. At about the 8 Month mark, i had my great turning point. I started having my complaints every second day instead of everyday and after about 10months i felt completely healed and totally back to normal. In my opinion, the brain rewires itself and just needs time to heal.
I know that this is really hard but there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will get out.
Stay strong, keep your head up. Much Love.

Last edited:
Thank you for coming here and posting that you have recovered completely. I am on my 6th month of my LTC and although there are flashes of my old self coming back, I still sometimes doubt that I will ever heal. Right now the symptoms I am experiencing are short term memory problems, and emotional numbness. My question is to you is how did you know you were completely healed?

Yes, no worries. In my last months of recovery i kept myself very, very busy with work, sport, socializing etc. That leads to the point that you dont concentrate conciously on your symptoms all the time. Sure, you feel them, but they dont play the primary role of your life. I accepted my situation as it is, didnt worry about it and convinced myself that i will be okay one day. And then symptoms got better and better until they disappeared.
Yes, it is hard to believe that you will heal when you experience your complains over months but the point is, you will.
If i were you, i would just go on with everything, wouldnt worry about it and yeah seriously, you will be good in an acceptable ammount of time. Just give it time...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I'm in month 11 at the moment. Having problems with thinking and low energy. Getting tired really easy after doing some studying or working.