• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Improving Bioavailability/Absorption of Edibles/Tinctures

tired of crap

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience with marijuana edibles/tinctures? Im looking for ways to increase the bioavailability/absorption of edibles and tinctures.

My thoughts are to create an extract (via a modified qwet). From there:
Edibles - coconut oil and sun flower seed lecithin
Tinctures - vegetable glycerin

Not sure where to go from there but any input on how to improve is much appreciated

the best way to improve bioavailability is to decarboxylate by applying some heat to the oil, ethanol wash product will be much weaker without this step. it's easier to heat over kief in oil than solidified hash, it starts to bubble up when it's ready for consumption

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that.
I assumed it was assumed for oral/edible consumption that decarboxylation was needed.

So ill give some more details... after drying via dessicator to perserve terpenes. A freezer cold qwet will be perform. This will be fan dried. Then decarboxylated in an oil bath at 250 for like 20 min or until bubbles taper off.

Is there anyway from here to increase bioavailability or absorption?
Maybe essential oils?
A different carrier?

CYP 450 (liver enzyme) inhibitors, which include some essential oils, can increase potency of effects from a little to a lot. the caveat is they're contraindicated with a lot of prescribed/recreational pharm meds so it should be avoided if that's a factor.