View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt. /thoughts?

Chaos23

Bluelighter
I recently acquired 1250 mg of pure 4ACODMT fumerate. I had no idea the potency of this chemical, despite my excessive research.

I took a 5 mg allergy test dose, then after two hours I took a 13mg booster.

It's a relatively low dose at 18mg total. That's on the extremely low end of the common dosage.

Let me tell ya. I was in a full blown psychedelic state. I had to help my wife cook a cheesecake, amongst other Thanksgiving goodies.

I wasn't expecting to have that profound of an experience on such a low dose.

Does anyone else have experience with this most awesome and powerful substituted tryptamine?

Did you get the full shebang from a low dose like I took, or did you take more?

I'm very interested in this chemical, and I'd be very excited to see if you beautiful folks have any personal insight or experienced that you'd like to share.

I assume the tolerance is similar to that of all the other psychedelics. I'd love to take more tonight, but I'm afraid it would be a waste.

I'll wait a few days, but I'd love for you to explain your personal experiences with 4-ACO-DMT.

Feel free to talk about it and give your opinions.

Love and light....

Last edited:
Oh, I also got some ALD-52 and 1P-lsd. I'll research those and comment later.

I ordered 6-APB as well. I'm truly expecting a lot from this substance.

Be cautious and remember to use harm reduction strategies throughout.

Love y'all.

Oh yeah. I've read all of that. I was just amazed at the potency of this substance. I thought I would feel a bit odd, but I ended up being on a ride.

It's AWESOME. I'd highly recommend. Just be safe my friend.

Oh yeah. I've read all of that. I was just amazed at the potency of this substance. I thought I would feel a bit odd, but I ended up being on a ride.

It's AWESOME. I'd highly recommend. Just be safe my friend.

Did you smoke weed during the trip? That tends to potentiate psychedelics a lot.

I think my only 4-substituted tryptamine experience has been with 4-HO-MET fumarate at ~30 mg. While I had a slightly raised tolerance to psychedelics at that point, I doubt I'd have been blown away by 18 mg of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate. But hey, if you're able to get high on less drugs, then more power to you! :D

Chaos23; I first tried 4-AcO-DMT in 2012.

First dose was 10 mg, then 18, 22 24 and topping out at 27 mg (that's the most I've ever taken). Then I went to town and started taking it every Friday night for about a year in a row. Never lost the magic; it was always the most peaceful, serene experience. My tolerance, such as it was, allowed me to take it once every 7 days.

In 2013-14, I tried snorting it. Advantages were that I did not have to take it on an empty stomach, quicker come up, and I founf I could redose within 4 hours. I never found it substantially stronger than consuming it orally.

It's been a few years, so I think it's time for me to revisit this fine chemical.

Tom

Did you smoke weed during the trip? That tends to potentiate psychedelics a lot.

I think my only 4-substituted tryptamine experience has been with 4-HO-MET fumarate at ~30 mg. While I had a slightly raised tolerance to psychedelics at that point, I doubt I'd have been blown away by 18 mg of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate. But hey, if you're able to get high on less drugs, then more power to you! :D

I have a friend who trips hard off of ~12mg of your average 4-sub-T, usually he'll take like 8mg while I take 25 or 30mg and we seem to be on a similar wavelength. We were trying to IM 4-HO-DPT once, and we managed to get 5mg into solution (determined by weighing what was left after evaporating, that stuff is really hard to get to dissolve). I ended up snorting 32mg, but he IMed the 5mg, and to this day he talks about how it was an awesome experience. Dude smokes a crumb of weed and gets high, a gram can last him a month. Some people are just really sensitive to drugs.

After the 1990's and the copious amounts of psychedelics I took during that time period, I am left exceedingly susceptible to the psychedelics.

I even got nervous.

This batch is definitely legit... I was taken aback by its strength.

The first time i was given 4-aco-dmt i was told it had degraded significantly over a period close to a year. The other person involved said he had experiences up to 100mg.

Having much experience with psychedelic tryptamines at the time and based on what i was told i (accurately) weighed 50mg. Assuming the substance was significantly degraded and not stored properly i took a capsule orally later that night.

What i was not told was that the other person had been taking weekly doses for quite some time while experimenting with microdosing inbetween. (I later learned) The substance was not degraded to the degree that was expressed to me, he had just slowly built a tolerance to tryptamines.

Having not tripped in 6 months what ensued next was the most intense trip of my life at the time.

Needless to say, i learned my lesson. I trusted the person at the time as he was always on par with offering advice on dosing rc’s. I was always overly cautious with allergy testing, researching and experimenting with small doses, but let my guard down one time. Albeit not a bad experience it definitely ripped my ego to shreds.

I later dialed in on a dose of 30-35mg after experimenting with the same batch several more times.

Last edited:
The first time i was given 4-aco-dmt i was told it had degraded significantly over a period close to a year. The other person involved said he had experiences up to 100mg.

Having much experience with psychedelic tryptamines at the time and based on what i was told i (accurately) weighed 50mg. Assuming the substance was significantly degraded and not stored properly i took a capsule orally later that night.

What i was not told was that the other person had been taking weekly doses for quite some time while experimenting with microdosing inbetween. (I later learned) The substance was not degraded to the degree that was expressed to me, he had just slowly built a tolerance to tryptamines.

Having not tripped in 6 months what ensued next was the most intense trip of my life at the time.

Needless to say, i learned my lesson. I trusted the person at the time as he was always on par with offering advice on dosing rc’s. I was always overly cautious with allergy testing, researching and experimenting with small doses, but let my guard down one time. Albeit not a bad experience it definitely ripped my ego to shreds.

I later dialed in on a dose of 30-35mg after experimenting with the same batch several more times.

I have found 35mg to be a lot of 4-Aco-DMT in my experience.

I plan on trying microdosing, and maybe smoking small doses of freebase.

4 aco DMT is a very interesting compound, as it has different effects if you take it orally or snort/plug/IM/IV it.
Your digestive tract will convert it into Psilocin, thus giving you the same experience as mushrooms, while the other ROAs will have a different effect, I would describe it as halfway between mushrooms and smoked DMT.
I snorted up to 40 mg and it is a powerful effect, wouldn't recommend it for your first try unless very experienced.

I get the smoked DMT effect even when I eat it, for the first half of the trip. To me they're not the same orally either. It definitely feels very much like smoked DMT, whereas I don't get that effect from mushrooms (or synthetic 4-HO-DMT).

Hey there! 4-AcO-DMT was one of the hardest trips of my life. Very psilocybin-esque. This past summer, on a camping trip, a couple girlfriends of mine from college, along with one of their brothers took 3 hits of a blotter strip each. We set up tents and tripped through the day into the night. My friend's brother showed up that evening with what seemed like millions of glow sticks. Nobody knew he had them and as we were walking to the tent, he threw a bunch high up in the air over our heads. Scared the hell out of us, random rainbow rain! He busted a couple open and speckled them across the grass. The different depths of the tiny light particles made it look like you were walking in a space field.. A rainbow space field. Very intense! The three of us went back inside, still heavy into the trip. By this time it was hour 10-12 and we were absolutely exhausted, but all tripping to hard to actually sleep. Had some terrifying thoughts that we were sold some other drug and we'd never recover, got over THAT, and finally drifted off. It was a very memorable occasion for all. I'm still not sure what to think of the substance, it was very unpleasant at times and absolutely earth shattering, though some insights were rather incoherent.

Hey there! This past summer, on a camping trip, a couple girlfriends of mine from college, along with one of their brothers took 3 hits of a blotter strip each.

I think it would be very unlikely that 4 aco DMT were to be distributed in blotter form.
I think it is accepted that you cannot fit more than 5 mg of substance per standard quarter inch square, and that is using thick paper. Useful dosage for 4 aco DMT is usually between 10 and 40mg.

Ofcourse we cannot know for sure what you actually ingested that day, but I will say that it's pretty unlikely that it was 4 aco DMT.

^^Im going to back this up in agreement that ive never seen any vendor use blotter; nor have i seen anyone amalgamate a volumetric solution to be used on blotter.

If my latter testiment was the case, then its possible you may have consumed 15mg max by ingesting 3 tabs. There is really no reason for anyone to fabricate or concoct such a solution; risking loss and wasting time, when the fumarate (assuming this is the kind you have) in powder form is just as active on its own.

Maybe im thinking to much into this but its possible the fumarate was weighed and dissolved into a volumetric solution for the purpose of titration or accuracy when taking smaller doses.

Last edited:
I tried it for the first time a few days ago. It was a great experience. Really helped me with a lot of anxiety I had been having.
Only slight problem I had was it gave me a little bit of a stomach ache. Not horrible, but enough I didn't want to go walk around a bunch.
I had great machine images when I closed my eyes. Wavy sheets and blankets. That cool transformation thing when I looked at pictures and patterns.
One thing I will for sure advise is don't try driving on this one.

Couple questions for you guys about 4-ACO DMT:

1) How long does it usually last?

2) Can it be safely used while on an SSRI and a benzo while still being potent and allowing for a hard trip?

3) What dosages are used for mild, average and heavy trips and can it be weighed with a normal milligram scale?

4) Do you guys think you could hide the fact that you are on it when you take a low to moderate dose or would this be pretty damn hard due to dilated pupils and just general "tripped out" behavior?

5) As per the last poster, what do you guys think about using this stuff as a tool to combat depression, anxiety and various other life issues and mental problems?

Do any of you think it can actually be beneficial to sort of break through tough mental blocks and depressive periods/negative thinking patterns that have been holding back and if so, would you do anything differently when taking it as opposed to regular recreational use?

I've had some pretty uplifting experiences on shrooms and acid but I've never gained an insight on any drug that actually lasted with me after the drug wore off.

I think it would be nice to be able to use it the way that Native Americans and other peoples with shamanic practices as a "plant helper" or medicine if possible, but I don't know if anyone can ever really decide willfully to make a trip do something positive for them that will last.

Couple questions for you guys about 4-ACO DMT

20 minutes to an hour come-up, 2-3 hours peak, and 4-5 hours come-down

2) Can it be safely used while on an SSRI and a benzo while still being potent and allowing for a hard trip?

Either an SSRI or a benzo would make a strong, fulfilling trip unlikely. Both together and I'd say you're wasting your psilacetin.

3) What dosages are used for mild, average and heavy trips and can it be weighed with a normal milligram scale?

Yes, a milligram scale is strongly recommend. I have taken as little as 10mg and although I didn't trip hard it fostered a strong sense of emotional lability. 20-25mg should be impressive, and 30+ ought to teach you to respect this substance.

4) Do you guys think you could hide the fact that you are on it when you take a low to moderate dose or would this be pretty damn hard due to dilated pupils and just general "tripped out" behavior?

Depends on your overall experience level with psychedelics. I would not recommend taking it if hiding your intoxication is important. Try to use it only around trusted friends who know you are tripping.

5) As per the last poster, what do you guys think about using this stuff as a tool to combat depression, anxiety and various other life issues and mental problems?

Psilacetin told me the steps I need to take to live a truly fulfilling life. Since have not been able to take these steps, subsequent trips with psilacetin have been dysphoric. Not your classic "bad trip" but each time I confronted with the question of "why haven't you done what I told you yet?!" These trips do not leave me with a prolonged antidepressant effect like LSD does.

Couple questions for you guys about 4-ACO DMT

20 minutes to an hour come-up, 2-3 hours peak, and 4-5 hours come-down

Either an SSRI or a benzo would make a strong, fulfilling trip unlikely. Both together and I'd say you're wasting your psilacetin.

Yes, a milligram scale is strongly recommend. I have taken as little as 10mg and although I didn't trip hard it fostered a strong sense of emotional lability. 20-25mg should be impressive, and 30+ ought to teach you to respect this substance.

Depends on your overall experience level with psychedelics. I would not recommend taking it if hiding your intoxication is important. Try to use it only around trusted friends who know you are tripping.

Psilacetin told me the steps I need to take to live a truly fulfilling life. Since have not been able to take these steps, subsequent trips with psilacetin have been dysphoric. Not your classic "bad trip" but each time I confronted with the question of "why haven't you done what I told you yet?!" These trips do not leave me with a prolonged antidepressant effect like LSD does.

Hmmm, thanks that's good info.

So you are saying that it lasts apporximately 6-8 hours?

And what bothers me is that I am on 40mgs of Lexapro which is in my system no matter what so I simply can't take 4-ACO-DMT and Not be on it but I'd really like to try it.

On the other hand, I don't usually have a whole lot of Klonopin in my system and don't take it every single day and could pretty easily not take it for a few days prior but I'd still certainly have SOME in my system, so you are basically saying there's no point in trying the 4-ACO-DMT unless I could get off of the Lexapro??

I mean I have tripped pretty hard on shrooms several times while on Prozac or Lexapro (but it's true I rarely got visuals...) so since shrooms and 4-ACO DMT are similar would this really prevent the 4-ACO-DMT from working??

Sometimes I feel like I should get off my Lexapro as I don't know if it does anything for me anyway...

Not everybody reacts the same with this one. For me the whole thing is completely over after 5 hours or less. Many people insist that it's the closest 4 sub tryptamine to mushrooms but I didn't find it to be the case. Mushrooms are very visual but I found 4-aco-DMT visuals were predominantly happening with eyes closed and very dmt-like. Also there was a very stoning sedative feel about it.