• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Methadone Questions

SearchingForIt

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

Although I have been using Heroin for 22 plus years, I have mostly avoided getting scripts for methadone through legitimate means, which means I don't have much knowledge around it. I always bought it off someone I know and used it on days I couldn't use H.

Now I am in a situation where I can't get Heroin, and I am trying to get off Methadone and get clean, so I have a number of general questions, which I hope you guys can help me with:

1) Is it not possible to stay on the same amount of Methadone long term? Will your body automatically want more, like Heroin? I realise its similar to Heroin or a synthetic replacement for Heroin.

2) If you exercise or jog while on Methadone, will it mean you will need more to function, because you are sweating it out? I am thinking about exercising to make myself better, but I already have very low energy.

3) What would be the recommended reduction rate e.g 5ml or 2ml every week or every 2 week to feel the least amount of pain or discomfort. I got myself down drastically to about 10ml but then I had to go back to 20 a day because the back pain and the other symptoms became too much and I started searching for H.

Your answers on the above question will be helpful, although they may seem trivial. Thanks.