European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Weed the self leveller

Itsgoneundertheboa

Bluelighter
Been off weed and everything for months, just alcohol (possibly too much of that). Thought everything was going swell. Took a pipe hit and boom. Shit went south. Was like being woken up from a horrible dream. Paranoia I thought but then it wasn’t weed was actually showing me the reality I’d been hiding. Realised for months I’ve been an egotistical asshole, screwing with people’s emotions, screwing with my own.

Anyone else experience the need for weed to maintain a level of control to keep a massive ego in check?

And why the hell does it seem to be you can only smoke when your conscience is clear!

As with all hallucinogens, the effects of weed are best experienced when in a good frame of mind. This is why I'm very wary of the high THC, low CBD strains that seem to be prevalent these days. Give me a nicely sedating indica anyday...

This was supposedly an indica. It certainly was one of the strongest I’ve hit in a long time, was wondering at one point if it was synthetic sprayed AND as usual you re prob right FUBAR. Hadn’t thought of the fact I’d smoked cos I was feeling low and wanted a perk up.

Case closed this boys got no tolerance a mindful of junk to process and “had” a decent connect, shame it was a passing through and I got a measly 10 bag

^ I was given a ready rolled spliff the other day, having not smoked for a couple of months since the filth took all my stash of homegrown, and I could tell from the smell it was stupidly strong. I ripped it apart and it was about 50:50 weed and baccy. So I added more baccy and made three spliffs out if it. I smoked half of one of the spliffs and it hit me like a fuckin train. I spent the next hour lying on the bed in an extremely uncomfortable state. It felt very much like a synthetic to me, but could just have been a combination of strong weed and no tolerance. But this is why I don't like buying street weed anymore - I just don't trust it. Why oh why can't our stupid government at least decriminalise the cultivation of a few plants for personal consumption?!

Been off weed and everything for months, just alcohol (possibly too much of that). Thought everything was going swell. Took a pipe hit and boom. Shit went south. Was like being woken up from a horrible dream. Paranoia I thought but then it wasn’t weed was actually showing me the reality I’d been hiding. Realised for months I’ve been an egotistical asshole, screwing with people’s emotions, screwing with my own.

Anyone else experience the need for weed to maintain a level of control to keep a massive ego in check?

And why the hell does it seem to be you can only smoke when your conscience is clear!

Amen.

I just wish I could maintain more of a balance, because I enjoy smoking a little bit more than being really productive ;)

As a drinker, I'm an asshole, I fucking love booze... Its a creeper, few drinks here and there and then before I know it I'm back in twat territory.

...I agree with you dude, weed certainly helps me be a better person too.

It turns me into a pussy.

I find adding whiskey to the mix helps me be the asshole I need to be.

I tend to avoid weed these days as it tends to put me on my arse pretty much straight away. I am very much a hash guy at the moment.

It really ruins me these days, like ridiculous reverse tolerance style. 2-3 small flakes of green in a pipe (I'm talking like the smallest possible crumble, about 1mm or less) and it totally bakes me... ever since I had a joint of my mates home grown which was just stupidly intense. It's weird because I used to smoke successive buckets for hours on end and the psychological effects were purposefully intense and powerful but nowhere near as gruelling.

I'm also more into hash, although there's never been much about in Newcastle so I have to get it from elsewhere. Something about the smell and the way it looks just appeals to me so much more. Hash is just fucking cool imo.

But yeah, it can certainly be very introspective. I think that if weed had visuals, then it just be lumped in with the rest of the psychedelics and considered an equal. One thing with weed introspection is that you often don't remember it, and so it doesn't get quite so deep under your skin after the drug wears off.

I cut my teeth on hash, and really miss it. Ok, it all went to shit with the advent of formula then soap bar, but I felt more comfortable with them than I do the stupidly strong weed that's available these days. Much of the street weed knocked out by kids round my way feels like it's been reinforced with synthnoids, but that's probably just due to the high THC to CBD ratio. Strong isn't necessarily better...

But in general, cannabis is the only drug that I appreciate more and more as I get older, and am starting to understand its medicinal qualities. I reckon I feel better physically and mentally and am a better person when I take cannabis regularly than when I don't.

Last edited:
Hash used to be a real gradual one over the night but there was always a ceiling which never goes close to flower.

It was always slate, soap or squidgy.

Slate tended to be variable and a pollen, occasional jackpot.

Squidgy (Nepalese temple balls wannabe) aka the hot rock challenge many a hole and 3 rd degree burns with the shite stuff

Soap bar was always the last choice being a combination of plastic dog shite and god knows what.

Remember my first skunk spliff in 90, it was like holy grail shit. Exodus cheese was something else.

Totally different from any hash except some proper manali, total rush. Jungle was just emerging. We didn’t even need pills.

98 (guessing) felt like you couldnt even find hash. Skunk in the day buzz wise way different and far superior.

Cue the weed never used to be like it used to be. I’ll get the rose tinted glasses.

For anyone who likes the ol' squidgy black and has the opportunity to do a grow, I highly recommend the white widow autoflower strain. I grew some earlier this year and the smell, taste and effects of the cured bud were exactly like quality black hash. Fuckin lush...

I smoked weed from 13 until I was 18, and like most others I started on hash full of plastic and god knows what. Easy to smoke loads and loads of it, and never get too fucked up. However, one day, after (if I counted correctly) 16 buckets and countless spliffs, I had my first panic attack, which evolved to a full-on anxiety disorder, which ruined my life for ten years. I stopped smoking weed, doing pills and even disliked alcohol, for a good while, before slowly reintroducing everything and more, as I got to grips with my mental health. Hardly anyone sold green, at the time, so it was an occasional treat for our group, which normally involved someone throwing a whitey.

Nowadays, since beating my anxiety, I can smoke weed with a drink, and love it. It's been a nightly thing for years, and the combination doesn't get old. It makes the boring effects of alcohol much more enjoyable, and the alcohol keeps the anxiety-provoking effects of weed at bay. It always makes me laugh and relax. I don't really smoke without booze or Valium, as a ballast. I can attest that homegrown weed in this country does not need to be sprayed with anything, because it's already really strong. I get my weed from source, so I know it's absolutely normal for it to be mind-bendingly strong. I only usually have very small pipes, over the course of a night, or cautiously share joints, because my tolerance hasn't really gone up in years. It just means it lasts longer, so I'm not complaining. A small scoop of kief gets me stoned, so it's not at all expensive. People that smoke packed joints baffle me, and I don't envy how high their tolerance is.

Back to the original post, I find weed helps me reflect on many things, and find that if I'm in an argumentative mood, it will make me see things from the other party's perspective and has saved many disagreements turning into full-blown arguments. I can see my own flaws and understand where the other person is coming from, unless they're really in the wrong and then they get a well thought-out argument, that they deserve. Haha.

As an older person I have seen this cycle of mellow > anxiety > mellow go full circle with quite a few of my peers (myself included). I started using weed for the pleasantness it offered then stopped using it years ago because of the anxiety it produced. Started many years later for sleep and was pleasantly surprised to find the mellow factor once again present. It's kinda like when your computer gets completely corrupted and you need to go back and reinstall the operating system. My theory is that I was a mellow youngster, then I took on the corruption of the world and became an anxious little mess and then maturity barged in and now I get to be mellow again. Maybe it was never the weed.:D

That makes sense, in a weird way! I believe I was destined for anxiety, at some point, but the weed just brought it on more quickly. I definitely know that I shouldn't have been smoking weed at 13, anyway, especially seeing as I now have a 14-year-old, who I don't think is anywhere near mature enough to be getting high off anything except Red Bull. Yes, I'm a massive hypocrite. ;)

I've never had a pleasant experience with weed so gave up trying. Caused insomnia, anxiety and unpleasant time lengthening every time.

That makes sense, in a weird way! I believe I was destined for anxiety, at some point, but the weed just brought it on more quickly. I definitely know that I shouldn't have been smoking weed at 13, anyway, especially seeing as I now have a 14-year-old, who I don't think is anywhere near mature enough to be getting high off anything except Red Bull. Yes, I'm a massive hypocrite. ;)

I don't think you are a hypocrite. I may have felt mature enough to alter my consciousness on a daily basis at 14 but the truth was that I was not--not that anyone could have told me at the time. And I would need ten hands to count the number of people I know who, in hindsight, wish they had put off getting stoned on a daily basis because I think one thing we can all agree on is this: for most people it kills motivation.

I don't think you are a hypocrite. I may have felt mature enough to alter my consciousness on a daily basis at 14 but the truth was that I was not--not that anyone could have told me at the time. And I would need ten hands to count the number of people I know who, in hindsight, wish they had put off getting stoned on a daily basis because I think one thing we can all agree on is this: for most people it kills motivation.

Motivation is the one thing I've struggled with all my life. So the last thing I needed as a teenager was to be smoking pot all day, every day. But I did.

However, now that I've matured, I find that the one thing I really fuckin need is to smoke pot all day - every day.

But I dont...

Last edited:
^Hah! Well, I am enjoying my little late in life re-romance with pot. I struggled with motivation as well--long before pot was added into the mix. Now I'm finally old enough that I can quit struggling with my lack of motivation and just look it in the eye and say, "OK, you win. I guess we are in this together till the end. So go for it! Sap the last little shred of motivation even to get out of my nightgown today. And then ask me if I care."=D

It's good in Amsterdam with all the choice, I always look forward to getting hold of nice import hash and bushweed, maybe some old fashioned hybrid stuff like Cali O or Shiva; it's time travelling back to the late eighties/early nineties for me. Quite a few of the local Dutch guys my age only go for the old school stuff, never touching the hybrid hydro gear, you can still do a bit of conversation on it with coffee and tea... some tourist twentysomethings came in all lively, bouncing all over the NL5xHaze, SSH, etc etc on the menu, scored and sat down with us and 10 minutes after their spliff went very quiet and paranoid, leaving after a short while; didn't look like they were having a good time really.

The hybrid stuff has it's place no doubt but that raw potency aspect is often a nasty or dirty feeling rather than getting nicely high or stoned, I like it less and less... the commercial Amnesia that gets sold round here is very strong but tiresome before too long.

A decent decrim or legal market would offer the same choices that booze does, a pint of mild or overproof rum and everything inbetween. Give me some clean squidge and some African grass and I'm happy, maybe some Blueberry and Northern Lights; 'Hey grandad! Get out the fuckin' way!' 8(

I've never had a pleasant experience with weed so gave up trying. Caused insomnia, anxiety and unpleasant time lengthening every time.

You are in good company. I've read two weed experiences by Alex Shulgin and both were really unpleasant. The first made him physically ill. The second was with his wife Anne... time slowed down so much for them that they felt 'stuck' for the eternity.
Weed can be a strange beast - I wish it was legal, knowing what strain and strength you are getting would help