• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Drug dreams for a month straight

oozingplazma

Bluelighter
It’s been about a month and a half since I’ve consistently chronically done opiates (heroin and painkillers) now for a straight month, I had drug dreams. I kid you not, I am a person who remembers my dreams 95% of the time, when I was entering my teenage years, I was an avid lucid dreamer (that’s a post in itself), and as of recently, for the past month and a half of my sobriety, every damn night I had a dream where I scored opiates (but NEVER got a moment to indulge in using them) .... that was for a month. Now It’s been a month and two weeks, now for the past two weeks, I have been remembering dreams off and on (I am drinking a few beers every night and ingesting kratom as well as cannabis throughou the day) well I am not dreaming of having drugs in my possession...

a few times I have dreamt about smoking and snorting opiates in my dreams (but only 3-4 times a week, as opposed to every night)..

has anyone experienced such intense dreams about drugs before???
it is not every night at least, but now in my dreams, I am INTAKING the drugs... and it’s trippin me out BAD..
I do not want to falter... yet what is my psyche telling me????..... fuck..

Ya know what, that’s a lie.. if I could falter, I would... perhaps that Is the answer I need.. GAHH!!!!!!

yeah i've had dreams in the past (especially after quitting the needle of sitting in the dope house with a needle in my arm) i can literally feel the warmth and comfort of that morphine high. haven't had one in a while but they were pretty frequent when i was having them.

yeah i've had dreams in the past (especially after quitting the needle of sitting in the dope house with a needle in my arm) i can literally feel the warmth and comfort of that morphine high. haven't had one in a while but they were pretty frequent when i was having them.

How long did it take for you to notice for these dream to become less prevalent?

months. about as long as it took me to get over the needle fixation. I was hooked on morphine for a couple years, took me a long time after i quit to stop thinking about using. as it got easier the dreams got less and less frequent

Wow.. that’s a while... props to you for dealing with that for so long... mind if I asked you.. what do you think really assisted in you in being able to deal with this/ quit long enough to achieve such.. results?? If there were any profound influences/instances you can remember, I am very interested and hope you can share! ^__^

honestly. i od'd on morphine, i almost died, then when i got out of the hospital i went back to it, because i didn't care about myself at all, what convinced me to quit is my best friend who had been clean from heroin for years, relapsed after i went into the hospital, he od'd too and he wasn't as lucky as me. after that i've kind of demonized opiates to myself and the needles too.

honestly. i od'd on morphine, i almost died, then when i got out of the hospital i went back to it, because i didn't care about myself at all, what convinced me to quit is my best friend who had been clean from heroin for years, relapsed after i went into the hospital, he od'd too and he wasn't as lucky as me. after that i've kind of demonized opiates to myself and the needles too.

Aw shit.. damn I’m sorry to hear that.. that’s hard.....he musta been a cool guy you for that event to inspire such feelings in you tho.. that’s pretty cool. That shit wasn’t in vain you know...
I really resonate with that, lately I’ve really been feeling that it’s things that put shit in a life or death perspective that really help me clarify what fuckin matters...ha. Fuck. Good shit. How are you dealin with shit now?

its been 5 years so i don't really think about it alot. in fact hadn't really thought about it at all until pretty recently, had a really vivid dream of a time when he and i were hanging out, felt as real as that day, i woke up freaking out. He was more like a brother to me than any of my actual brothers.

its been 5 years so i don't really think about it alot. in fact hadn't really thought about it at all until pretty recently, had a really vivid dream of a time when he and i were hanging out, felt as real as that day, i woke up freaking out. He was more like a brother to me than any of my actual brothers.

Ahh I see... and oh dang. Kinda reminds me of the concept of a “crisis apparition”.. it’s a concept that (for those who believe in spirits) when people pass away, their energy can form as an apparition to those they love. Usually telling people something important, or not to worry. And a lot of the time they can come to loved ones in a way meant to instil peace about their passing... haha. Had that happen to me a few years ago with my best friend (who passed away). I swear to you, him and I acknowledged we were in my dream, and while in my dream, he was super trippin out and surprised I could see him!!!! Weird shit... ha.
And hey, they say blood is thicker than water, but I say ya can’t have blood without water!! Ha XD

Last edited:
For those who believe “IN” spirits.. not “ima” spirit.. ha damn cell phone..
and yay! Thanks for not being offended in my crude vocabulary. Hazzah!

thats pretty interesting actually, ive never heard that term before. and tbh it is very easy to offend me. im usually the offensive one

i was addicted to cocaine for about 2 years and did cocaine almost everyday in that time,maybe total 40 days added together of not doing cocaine in that span of time.
i quit 3 months ago and did cocaine maybe 5 times in that 3 months last use was 1 month ago and i still have vivid dreams of doing cocaine almost every day(5-6 nights out of 7).In addition to that i wake up 2-3 times every night and often have vivid nightmares which are sometimes related and sometimes not related to cocaine use,but they are very fucked up dreams.
Now i feel that its slowly getting better,still dream of cocaine but the nightmares are less frequent now.

I know several guys that quit cocaine and/or opiates(They were using for years,most of them longer than i did) and they reported having drug related dreams very frequent for about half a year-a year and they said that the dreams will never go away completely but that they are now less frequent,maybe once every few weeks,years after quitting.

I quit opiates about 4 years ago. I used to have drug using dreams often. But slowly over the course of time, they would become less frequent, and even better, eventually they were bad dreams that turned me off opiates, instead of ones that made me want to do opiates. The dream turned into this sort of storyline: I have been chipping at opiates, rationalizing more and more use, and I realize I have withdrawals again. Then I feel anger and shame and terror, and spend a while beating myself up, and then I wake up. And when I wake up I'm like, dude, FUCK opiates, so glad that was a dream, thanks, subconsciousness, for the reminder. :)

Nowadays I hardly ever even have those. Opiates are truly a thing of the past for me.

I just had one last night for the first time in a long time. About morphine of all things,haven't really thought about meth since I quit but I'm almost having opiate cravings again. Been off em for years

I don't know if it's the same for everybody, but when I really quit something, I can be around people using it and/or still have some in a drawer, and not use. When I think about it, what matters is that I choose not to use again, not that I thought about it.
One can put a substance in the past and leave it there, but it is impossible to eradicate it like it didn't happen.

I'm pretty similar usually, sometimes my mind goes back to that addiction mindset.

It’s been about a month and a half since I’ve consistently chronically done opiates (heroin and painkillers) now for a straight month, I had drug dreams. I kid you not, I am a person who remembers my dreams 95% of the time, when I was entering my teenage years, I was an avid lucid dreamer (that’s a post in itself), and as of recently, for the past month and a half of my sobriety, every damn night I had a dream where I scored opiates (but NEVER got a moment to indulge in using them) .... that was for a month. Now It’s been a month and two weeks, now for the past two weeks, I have been remembering dreams off and on (I am drinking a few beers every night and ingesting kratom as well as cannabis throughou the day) well I am not dreaming of having drugs in my possession...

a few times I have dreamt about smoking and snorting opiates in my dreams (but only 3-4 times a week, as opposed to every night)..

has anyone experienced such intense dreams about drugs before???
it is not every night at least, but now in my dreams, I am INTAKING the drugs... and it’s trippin me out BAD..
I do not want to falter... yet what is my psyche telling me????..... fuck..

It's normal and common to have dreams about drugs since you are an addict.

You can claim you are "sober" or "clean" all you want, but you're only fooling yourself since you still use opiates or opiate drugs like Kratom, smoke herb, and drink.

Since you stopped using heroin/dope, and pharmaceutical opiates why not just quit using all drugs while you still can? Do you go to NA meetings or have a support network?