Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenibut before DXM + LSD combo?

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
thoughts on this combo?

i've done all 3 many times and have been dying to combine LSD and DXM.

i want to use the phenibut to take the edge off of the acid and synergize with it.

though, i've read that DXM already takes the edge off of the acid trip so i'm a bit uncertain..

plan is to take 1.5g phenibut about 3-4 hours before the DXM and then the acid some way into the robo-trip.

thoughts?

What I've heard is that DXM and LSD potentiate each other hugely and the trip is extremely intense. I can't say I've heard that DXM takes the edge off of LSD, but I've never tried the combo. But I will say that phenibut has combined wonderfully with every psychedelic/disso I've tried. Especially psychedelics. It does what you'd expect it to, it gives you that underlying euphoria/confidence of phenibut, which makes the trip easier to handle and more euphoric. But unlike benzos or alcohol it doesn't seem to dull the trip at all. I've grown to love combining the two. I'm sure it would be fine with an LSD/DXM combo too.

thanks xork.

im getting nervous about the combo as i've been gearing myself up for it for a couple years.

the anxiety may be from that coffee i had earlier but the phen should calm me down.

how long before do you think i should take the phenibut?

i also take it once a week at 2.25g

i heard like 1.2-1.5g is better suited for tripping.

how's your experience been with the dose schedule?

I used to take it every other day, then dropped to every third day, and then every 4th day and then I jumped off, I was doing that for years and I had some withdrawals but overall it wasn't bad. These days I take it basically when it seems called for, around once a week or less. I wasn't sure if you were asking me about my dosing schedule... if so, there it is. :) I also take 2-2.25 grams when I take it. But I actually take the same dose for tripping, not less. For me, phenibut takes a minimum of 4 hours to really start working. Ideally I like to already be pretty well in it when I take the psychedelic, so ideally, I'd take it 4 or even 5 hours before. Phenibut seems to metabolize quicker for some people though, for me I feel the peak around 6 hours in and it lasts ALL day and even trailing into the next day, even when taking it in the morning. If I take it at night, I'll wake up feeling it much more than when I went to bed. So if it's quicker for you, time it differently than me.

What are your planned DXM and LSD dosages?
either 150 or 300mg DXM

and one hit of acid. supposed “125ug” but i doubt

my friend was thinking about just taking 150mg DXM because it causes lots of tensions and tremors in both of us and that may be alarming while on acid

I used to take it every other day, then dropped to every third day, and then every 4th day and then I jumped off, I was doing that for years and I had some withdrawals but overall it wasn't bad. These days I take it basically when it seems called for, around once a week or less. I wasn't sure if you were asking me about my dosing schedule... if so, there it is. :) I also take 2-2.25 grams when I take it. But I actually take the same dose for tripping, not less. For me, phenibut takes a minimum of 4 hours to really start working. Ideally I like to already be pretty well in it when I take the psychedelic, so ideally, I'd take it 4 or even 5 hours before. Phenibut seems to metabolize quicker for some people though, for me I feel the peak around 6 hours in and it lasts ALL day and even trailing into the next day, even when taking it in the morning. If I take it at night, I'll wake up feeling it much more than when I went to bed. So if it's quicker for you, time it differently than me.

sounds good. i took 2g

i have a last question as i know you can answer this

i love kratom

i love it when coming down from trips

do you think it’s safe to take after the DXM?

and if so, how long into the LSD? 8hrs?

once i took kratom too early on a trip and the acid surely overpowered it

I don't see why not, there shouldn't be any safety concerns with opiate receptor agonism along with DXM. Yeah I used to love kratom on the tail end of psychedelics, I would just wait until I felt like it was the tail end and then do it. 8 hours seems reasonable.

Hope you have fun. :) I've never really liked DXM much, so I've combined LSD with it. But LSD with 3-MeO-PCP, or MXE, or ketamine is great, definitely a lot stronger for the dose.

i just read something along the lines of serotonergic drugs having an interactive effect with kratom.

i know for sure i won't have to take my usual kratom dose.

DXM potentiates EVERYTHING for me

i used to drink coffee, alcohol and smoke weed just to get back the dissociation in the days after and shit.

well we decided to just take 150mg of DXM and the one tab a couple hours after.

if anything we will or i will revisit the combo with higher doses in the future

As far as I know DXM and phenibut are contraindicated. I was under the impression that phenibut acted on dopamine as well as gaba B.

I found one trip disaster documented on Bl regarding the combination of both drugs. One time I combined a low dose of DXM with phenibut and I felt rather uncomfortable.

Several concerning trip reports about this combo can also be found on Reddit.

Last edited: