• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana sucks/ Is not a miracle drug

CatcherInPopEfield

Greenlighter
I am tired of everyone acting like Marijuana is some miracle drug that cures everything. First, it doesn't cure cancer but can actually cause 70 different strains of it. Second, it can affect the brain in negative ways and be addictive. When THC paranoia is induced, the person can be a threat to themselves and / or others. And whether you want to believe it or not people can become hooked to weed and be just as useless as a junkie/crackhead.

Marijuana may be the appropriate choice FOR YOU, but stop acting like it has no negative effects/affects and that it's great for everyone! Most people can enjoy wine with their pasta, some people can't have the wine. Most people can use opioids/opiates responsibly, some people can't. Most people can toke up, BUT SOME PEOPLE CAN'T!!! And anyone who thinks Marijuana is a cure all with no negative effects is probably that brain dead from the weed itself.

No, I don't want your crappy weed that makes me paranoid and my heart race. No, your crappy weed doesn't at all help my chronic pain. STOP PUSHING IT ON ME!

So I take it you hate weed, huh? Crazy.

...But what instilled the passion to care so much that you subscribed to a forum built around drug use, found the specific sub-forum for the drug you hate and made a thread about how deserving it is of your hate? I'm just curious. Most people that don't like something just kind of let it go and move on with their lives, you know? You seem a little traumatized.

Let's see. I've stopped taking anti depressants, take no pain meds for arthritis, stopped taking zopiclone for insomnia, rarely have to take anti nausea medication. I do have a bit of a reliance (cough, cough) on benzodiazepines, so yeah, I would say that weed is a miracle drug for me.

If it doesn't work for you in the same manner, well tough shit - them's the breaks.

Tom

I'm gonna go the extra mile and straight up disagree that not all people can enjoy marijuana. There are just so many damn psychoactive chemicals in there that I'd be willing to guarantee each and every person can find one they like. Maybe some strains cause horrible paranoia, I can see that happening. Maybe those people should try a CBD-dominant strain though, instead of just assuming all weed is the same? You're not really gonna look me in the eye and tell me beta-carophyllene is gonna give me anxiety, are you?

^ I don't enjoy cannabis. I can tolerate the high but it's not a high I enjoy anymore. Not saying that cannabis sucks, it's just not for me.

I still enjoy cannabis daily, it helps me with my boredom mostly and I rarely have anxiety problems unless I'm mixing cannabis with psychedelics.

^ I don't enjoy cannabis. I can tolerate the high but it's not a high I enjoy anymore. Not saying that cannabis sucks, it's just not for me.

Sure, but what kind of cannabis and what kind of high? Maybe this isn't a drug you should be seeking a high from but it might still be 'for you' in some other context. Pretty much whichever effects you dislike could be bred out since 'cannabis' isn't really a drug in itself, it's more like 100+ drugs combined, so there's just too much in there for me to accept you saying you 'don't enjoy cannabis'. To me this comes across as confused.

The responses absolutely prove my point. I've said Marijuana might be OK for most, but is not a cure all for everyone. No one is telling anyone here whose had success with Marijuana to stop if it actually helps them and they're not some high, brain dead pot smoker in denial. I am saying I don't need some drug I don't like shoved down my throat. Moxious -- Yes, I can look you in the eye and tell you that I don't enjoy ANY strain of marijuana regardless of THC to CBD ratio -- I've tried many under medical recommendation and will NEVER do it again!

Furthermore, if you do the research (Google is at your fingertips) you will soon see it's liberal propaganda to push pot and outlaw opioids, and the only "medical professionals" in support of marijuana are either active users, invested in it for profit or both. Data shows that Marijuana in any form has little to no effect on chronic pain, and we are talking double blind unbiased studies. Also, just about every pothead I met is some brain dead, anti social loser. Toking up, chowing down and watching TV all day. Government sponges that contribute way less to society than a pre schooler.

The responses absolutely prove my point. I've said Marijuana might be OK for most, but is not a cure all for everyone. No one is telling anyone here whose had success with Marijuana to stop if it actually helps them and they're not some high, brain dead pot smoker in denial. I am saying I don't need some drug I don't like shoved down my throat. Moxious -- Yes, I can look you in the eye and tell you that I don't enjoy ANY strain of marijuana regardless of THC to CBD ratio -- I've tried many under medical recommendation and will NEVER do it again!

Furthermore, if you do the research (Google is at your fingertips) you will soon see it's liberal propaganda to push pot and outlaw opioids, and the only "medical professionals" in support of marijuana are either active users, invested in it for profit or both. Data shows that Marijuana in any form has little to no effect on chronic pain, and we are talking double blind unbiased studies. Also, just about every pothead I met is some brain dead, anti social loser. Toking up, chowing down and watching TV all day. Government sponges that contribute way less to society than a pre schooler.

Clearly you're very angry about this, I'm sorry if someone told you marijuana could cure your illness and it failed to do so. The way you've responded shows that you did not read my reply very carefully - beta-carophyllene is not a strain, it's a terpene found in black pepper most commonly, and if you did breed a strain that grew only that terpene, it would affect you no differently than black pepper. That is the basis of my argument, and it's not as simple as THC to CBD ratio. I agree that most dispensaries/medical professionals oversimplify into those terms though, which is unfortunate.

I have seen plenty of evidence suggesting chemicals commonly found in marijuana increase the effects of opioids, thereby limiting how much needs to be used. But I am open minded, would you please link me to these 'double blind unbiased studies' you're referring to? Once I am home from work I can provide some that back up what I've said

K. I bet you're fun at parties man.

Also, I do not believe there are "strains" of cancer. That sounds like some ridiculous made up bullshit.

Can we help you with something or are you just masturbating here?

You still didn't respond to my post, though. Let me get more specific for you: are you trying to persuade someone of something or are you just bitching?

There was a time when opiates were viewed as a miracle drug and a cureall. I think prohibition of cannabis is responsible for both sides of exaggerated rhetoric, both positive and negative. The falsely positive claims seem to be a reaction to the falsely negative claims.

Hopefully in time it will become appreciated for its medical and recreational value while still being respected and the potential dangers associated with use won't be downplayed or overplayed.

^I would smoke clean cheap heroin in a social setting with tasty drinks and lemon cake. I would probably find it hard to stop going back though, lol. But perhaps the use in a specific setting would make it a treat rather than a lifestyle. I dunno, it's certainly an interesting thing to think about, the culture of drug use and how it affects and perpetuates patterns of use.

I agree with OP about people listing the 1000 diseases it cures etc. Just be honest, you want it legal because you like getting high. Same here.

Weed is the only drug I use almost every day at this point, I dabble with booze bars dissociatives molly but weed doesn't fuck my life up like other drugs do.

Okay, we get it. Cannabis isn't for some people; however it does have its uses and it does in fact aid some people with their issues in life. If that bothers you, tough cookies.

Last edited:

(my emphasis - obviously you liked it at some point)

it's not legal in my country like it is in some US states, so i'm not exposed to the marketing of MMJ very much, but it seems like some of the claims are a little exaggerated sometimes?
like...hmm, just about every other consumer item (and in the states, i've noticed, prescription drugs are advertised like consumer products - that's not legal in many places)
if you look at the ads for, say, SSRI antidepressants, they're far more bullshit than some of claims about weed.

also, i'd love to see the peer-reviwed articles proving that cannabis causes cancer.

Listen man, no one is pushing shit on you. No one is here saying weed cures cancer, no one is saying it has absolutely ZERO negative effects at all and I guarantee no one is forcing you to smoke. Ridiculous notions that just causes confusion and negativity, maybe if you didn't have such a negative mindset before smoking it might be a much more enjoyable experience.

Listen man, no one is pushing shit on you. No one is here saying weed cures cancer, no one is saying it has absolutely ZERO negative effects at all and I guarantee no one is forcing you to smoke. Ridiculous notions that just causes confusion and negativity, maybe if you didn't have such a negative mindset before smoking it might be a much more enjoyable experience.

I agree 100%, my high is much better when I'm in a good headspace before I smoke. However, THC just does not work well for some people. That's ok, more ganja for me! ;)