• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How will xanax and alcohol overdose affect my life from now On

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrudd

Bluelighter
I am 16 years old and had and overdose with xanax ( probably 40+ mg) and 0,6 L of pure alcohool( did the math). I don't know for how long I got unconscious, but I would probably say between 2-4 hours, till I get to the hospital( cause I wasn't responding to people hitting me to wake me up). I still at the hospital( don't know why) and I'm thinking I'm slower. I also already had In my mind that I got dumber from the od, só would this "slower" shit be placebo, or could I have actually lost I.Q points??

I'm glad you were able to get help and that someone called EMS or took you to the hospital. Please talk to the doctors who are treating you about this.

This is not a question that we could ever answer dude and I'm sorry for that, because I would love nothing more than to set your mind at east over this. The only people who's opinion you should care about are your medical team, the ones treating you. If you were not breathing for a long period of time (hypoxia) than you do run the risk of brain injury. Simply being very sedated doesn't, in its own right, mean that you will suffer from permanent damage.

I'm going to leave this open for a little bit, but only because I want you to be able to receive some emotional support. This is quite an ordeal to go through, but the only thing for you to do is ask your Doctors what their opinion is.

Rooting for you dude. You're too young to have a mistake like that screw things up for you. Keep in mind that just the belief that cognitive ability is malleable makes it possible to improve. I forget the name of the study but there is evidence that corroborates that. Never just assume you're fucked and that's that. Keep trying your best with what you have and you will surprise even DRs. Good luck

Not to downplay what happened to you OP, as what you did is dangerous and shouldn't be repeated, but you're very young and the brain has tremendous plasticity at your age. You also don't mention how long it's been since you drank all that - you may well still be drunk. Give it a few days to a week and then see how you feel.

Personally, I feel confident telling you you'll recover just fine considering you let yourself heal and don't go crazy on weed or anything after you leave.

If it's only been a day or 2 since the OD there might be a good bit of xanax floating around your system. Chances are you'll be OK in a few days, but speak to the Drs about it

That mix really could have killed you - did you know the risk? If my experiences (and those of people I know), that kind of drug use (alcohol is a drug) is a symptom.

Take it from me, when you reach your 50s, you will have lost people; we all do. Now consider what it would do to the people in your world if you went over?

I'm glad you're okay and I think you have a good chance of a full recovery. The doctors may want to run some tests on you before you leave the hospital and advise you of any long-term effects. Take this as a learning experience and don't let it happen again. Next time you might not be so lucky. My sister used to drink a lot and ended up dying after mixing with Xanax. I miss her terribly. :(

First of all, thank you guys for all the answers. THE overdose occurred 6 days ago , and I think I did not get really changed by it. I'm kinda normal and if anything changed was a little memory . This doctors hasn't discussed anything about the possibility to further problems, so I don't know if they think the're ain't the possibility, or if they're just dumb.
Im also just realizing now that I was really lucky to stay alive, and need to stop doing alcohool and xanax ( Just did like 10-15 each one , not together) . And if I'll do some drug, that I need to stick to weed.
I live in Brazil, where the benzos abuse are not even close to USA, so I think doctors here don't have all the knowledge they have in USA about overdose with bonzos.
i Will let you guys know how will be my recovery, and will be posting weekly, or even less , updates on how I fell (brain damage.)
sorry for the English, because I do not speak it fluently

Years ago, I downed ~60 mg of clonazepam (longer half-life, about equipotent) with ~0.5L of vodka. I don't know how I survived, but I was certainly foggy in the head for the next week, no long term damage I could notice. Just give it a bit of time and you'll be back to normal.
What does your alcohol / benzo intake look like?

I don't remember much, but I got really drowsy and sent shit to my friends and then got unconscious. I think the alcohol and xanax "high" only lasted like 2 hours max ( cause I was inconscious after)

I'm glad you're okay and I think you have a good chance of a full recovery. The doctors may want to run some tests on you before you leave the hospital and advise you of any long-term effects. Take this as a learning experience and don't let it happen again. Next time you might not be so lucky. My sister used to drink a lot and ended up dying after mixing with Xanax. I miss her terribly. :(

I am sorry to hear about your sister.

I have had an experience with opiates-drinking and due to the lack of breathing I was in a coma for a couple of days and temporarily had lost my hability to speak. Some people have symptoms that are similar to those who experienced strokes, but you know that sort of information pretty soon after you wake up. It’s a risk I wouldn’t want to experience again as disability can be quite distressing and it could affect you for life and those around you. I would be grateful that nothing too serious has happened and as CFC suggested, try not to repeat this. We never know how severe the outcome could be.

Stay safe!

I will never repeat this!! I feel really normal now and it's been a week. I can barely see any difference... guess I was lucky.

Overcoming an overdose post acute care; accidental or not, can be really challenging for a lot of people. You have my love. Just keep moving forward and making progress. My 600mg Valium and Bacardi 151 intentional OD took half a year to truly get back to the normal me. Patience is key

Did you stop or just go down to a sane dosage? After my 60 mg clonazepam incident, I went back down to 2 mg / day. I was foggy in the head until all of the clonazepam cleared out (~a week), but then it was business as usual.

Did you stop or just go down to a sane dosage? After my 60 mg clonazepam incident, I went back down to 2 mg / day. I was foggy in the head until all of the clonazepam cleared out (~a week), but then it was business as usual.

In the hospital, they gave him something to stop WDs. Now he is no longer doing xans

I'm closing this one. I left it open from the start in the hopes that it might help to allay some of OP's anxiety, but the issue remains that there's no way for us to remotely diagnose what the problem may or may not be. It's not that we don't want to figure it out. If you have any issues OP, we'd be happy to help you, but at this point, it's going to be completely between you and your medical team.

Status
Not open for further replies.