• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wiping my butt is never enough

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
I find I keep having incomplete bowel movements where my rectum doesn't seem to fully evacuate. Sometimes I have firmer poops which don't make a mess and I barely need to wipe to clean myself but more often than not I can't squeeze out the whole stool. I keep wiping and wiping but I still see poop on the toilet paper and by the end of the day my ass becomes dirty again.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue? Any tips?

Cut the common food allergens out of your diet and focus on eating good food. Some of them seem to be mostly responsible for stomach problems from what I see. The most obvious ones to start with would be egg, lactose and gluten. See if things improve and then reintroduce them one at a time, to see what might be causing the problem. In the UK you can usually spot a food allergen because they will put itnim bold font on the ingredients list.

OP, I feel for you and you're BM's, but I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that thread title. Thanks for the laugh:D

Op, first of all try to describe your diet as detailed as possible. this will make it easier to give sound advice. :)

I disagree with tranced, in my opinion it is probably a matter of taking in too little fibre, and having an unhealthy fauna in the intestines.

I had the same problems (wiping takes forever, itchy asshole after a few hours), when I used to mostly eat white pasta, white bread or cheap brown bread. in times when I ate more rice, the stool naturally became firmer.

recently I started to switch to homemade naturally fermented brown bread as well as eating loads of selfmade sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) and since then my bowel movements occured less often and the stool became pretty solid most of the time. I also saw that when I resort to less wholesome carbs for a few days (white bread mostly), it gets worse again.

naturally fermented products (homemade so it doesn't get sanitized and the bacteria are alive and well) colonize your intestines with beneficial microorganisms and adding whole grains and other fibre (veggies!) to this will most probably help you problem.

If you were allergic to Gluten, lactose or whatever, you most probably would have more severe symptoms.

Last edited:
I disagree with tranced, in my opinion it is probably a matter of taking in too little fibre, and having an unhealthy fauna in the intestines.

Are the two mutually exclusive though? Hold that thought, let me clarify.

If you were allergic to Gluten, lactose or whatever, you most probably would have more severe symptoms.

I should have been more specific in my original response, but I wasn't referring to the OP having food allergies i.e implying that they were might have celiac disease/similar. It's just that a lot of the common food allergens seem to be liable to developing a strange relationship with our bodies and are able to produce food intolerances/induce strange digestive quirks. I think that the major difference is that there is a scientific explanation for a food allergy, whereas with a food intolerance there is no conclusive cause/effect, whilst most could both be quite destructive (and possibly modern), problems.

The best explanation I've read is that bad gut microbes lead to a permeable intestinal tract which allows certain chemicals to pass through the intestinal wall, causing all kinds of problems. Either way it seems like the two go hand and hand.

I really need to consider addressing the microbe problem - it's something I put off because I didn't want to go full candida diet. Same with the fermenting. Is there anything in particular that is good (and nice) to ferment? I really need to make ground on this front, so cheers for the reminder!

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.

My diet consists of this:

* one foot long turkey breast sub with cheese and honey oat bread. This is from Subway.

* two pan fried pork chops with peppered seasoning.

* one portion of fries

and I have the same thing every day as a sort of ritual.

I think you
a) need more fibre in your diet
and
b) would feel better (and have healthy GI stuff) if you ate a more balanced diet.

Metamucil and less processed food.

Actual fresh greens. Grains. If you don't put a healthy balanced diet in your mouth your anus wont give a shit about the quality either.

Actual fresh greens. Grains. If you don't put a healthy balanced diet in your mouth your anus wont give a shit about the quality either.

yeah, this.

i would try to mix my diet up for a couple of months (in the absolute minimum) to see if you get any improvement. at least add some different foods into the mix. i'm no dietician but i am into healthy eating.

i'm fairly certain this will work for you, but just don't expect perfect results right away.
try to work out what sorts of foods work for you.

i don't think upping the fibre will cause that, no. you're not getting a lot of fibre there at all.
without wanting to sound too graphic, fibre is meant to give you more bulk, which sounds like it might help, because your turds are getting stuck on the way out.

lol i didn't plan on replying to this thread when i first saw it, but hey - i like it when people can ask potentially embarrassing questions :)
to me the answer is pretty straightforward; need a bit more variety in your diet i reckon.

I used to have this problem until I cut bread and all wheat products from my diet. Not only did my bowel movements become much easier and most of the time wasn't left with that feeling that there's still some more that needs to come out but I felt a lot less tired and had more energy.
I also found that giving up milk had significant and immediate health benefits.

I forgot to add that I drink 2L skimmed milk a day and loads of straberries and bananas in a large smoothie so I should probably cut this out.

Take a few scoops of psyllium husks throughout the day (say breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a glass of water). It will probably solve this completely without having to change any of your diet at all. Though I'm not saying you shouldn't change your diet - optimisation is always a good idea :)

Are the two mutually exclusive though? Hold that thought, let me clarify.

I should have been more specific in my original response, but I wasn't referring to the OP having food allergies i.e implying that they were might have celiac disease/similar. It's just that a lot of the common food allergens seem to be liable to developing a strange relationship with our bodies and are able to produce food intolerances/induce strange digestive quirks. I think that the major difference is that there is a scientific explanation for a food allergy, whereas with a food intolerance there is no conclusive cause/effect, whilst most could both be quite destructive (and possibly modern), problems.

The best explanation I've read is that bad gut microbes lead to a permeable intestinal tract which allows certain chemicals to pass through the intestinal wall, causing all kinds of problems. Either way it seems like the two go hand and hand.

I really need to consider addressing the microbe problem - it's something I put off because I didn't want to go full candida diet. Same with the fermenting. Is there anything in particular that is good (and nice) to ferment? I really need to make ground on this front, so cheers for the reminder!

yeah you certainly have a good point about these compounds possibly being bad for your digestion and granted I should have added that my view also consists of my opinion, not established fact, but the way I see it, many people who have bad eating habits and thereby wreck their digestion get into the idea that one single cause is to blame for their issues, making it easier to make a change. It is probably healthier to abstain from dairy products than to keep on drinking a liter of milk everyday, but even then, making more wholesome changes to your diet might be more effective than isolating a single cause. it also means that you don't have to completely abstain from anything which might make your life happier regarding your relationship with food.

also this new fad of completely abstaining from stuff you are not actually allergic to creates new problems... people put themselves under pressure and cut out more and more things and in the end they can't eat anymore dairy, milk, gluten, onions you name it. and to be honest, in many of those cases, emotional distress and the placebo effect is the most probable cause.

think about it like this: you have some problems with your gut, intestines, whatever. so you stop taking in lactose. via placebo you feel better initially, but this won't last. so you cut out gluten and so on... this is especially relevant since psychological problems can easily cause digestion problems by themselves. I have known a lot of people to start obsessing about their diet so much as to make me believe that this by itself might be a cause of their problem in the first place.

as to fermenting stuff, I am also new to this, but I have made three batches of sauerkraut already, which is actually pretty simple. you can also play a lt with the flavours.... last batch was spiced with chili, ginger and turmeric, went very well along with maki :D.

today I pickled some cauliflower and carrots... excited to see you this will turn out. it will probably be finished fermenting in two weeks or so. apparantly you can ferment most vegetables.

Again, I feel that fermented stuff and decent bread is a huge improvement for anyone's diet. get yourself some literature on the topic. making quality produce for yourself is also lots of fun by itself!

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.

My diet consists of this:

* one foot long turkey breast sub with cheese and honey oat bread. This is from Subway.

* two pan fried pork chops with peppered seasoning.

* one portion of fries

and I have the same thing every day as a sort of ritual.
well there you got it... if this is really what you eat everyday, I am not surprised that you have problems with your digestion. make some change man, more vegetables, decent grain, loads of fibre. and mix it up a little, it's not a good idea to eat the same stuff everyday. you might miss out on lots of beneficial stuff coming from a variety of vegetables, herbs and spices.

i dont think its healthy to drink 2L of skimmed milk in a day.

a cup or two is okay imo.

eat whole foods, raw and cooked vegetables, rice/legumes/beans

atm your diet is bread, cheese, fried chips and meat

better if the meat makes up like 20-30% of your diet, rest is vegetables, and a little fruit. some bread is okay, i find a lot of bread vs whatever i'm eating leads to me feeling heavy in my stomach.

Is it normal to empty your bowels every second day or do you have to open your bowels everyday? Also, i go through a full roll of toilet paper until I'm clean.

If I want to clean out my rectum when I have an incomplete bowel movement what's the best way to clean it out?