• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What would you consider a sub buzz

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Okay so I’m on 8 Mg of Suboxone a day. Yesterday I took four mg and waited till today to take 8 and I got a little buzz going. I mean it’s like a controlled buzz. Like I can feel it but not feel it. When I first started taking Suboxone I would feel it for like three weeks.

Now that it has been almost two months I have to either skip doses and take less the day before. So to all here who are on Suboxone. What does the buzz feel like to you. I know it doesn’t come close to feeling like a Roxi but eh.

I mean if it’s anything it doesn’t last very long. Maybe an hour tops.

I wouldn't look for a buzz with suboxone if you're on it long term... it's supposed to acclimate your mind to living without being high until you can taper off of it. I'm going through it now, and sometimes I get a little glow of happiness that peeks through, but I think that's just my regular endorphins, because I've felt it when I've had nothing in my body before. Exercise helps that out alot.

Is it not counterproductive to use naloxone with buprenorphine if your looking for a buzz?

I know folks it’s my addictive persona. I was doing good up until a few days ago and craved an hydrocodone High. But I didn’t want to fall back into the habit. I tried resisting to the point I woke up today and started googling all the ways to get the most out of bupe. I will let y’all down and I will definitely let myself down. I’m kinda tired of the maintenance and I want to go back to my opiate highs but then I don’t.

When I did experience a buzz from buprenorphine at the very beginning of my maintenance, at best it was very much like a moderate dose of morphine, definitely opioid-like, though without nodding out or the spaced out feeling but with a very characteristic speedy effect that is never present with any other opioid and is kind of like a very low dose of amphetamine maybe (obviously it's not the exact experience, definitely it wasn't like mixing morphine with amphetamine either, but buprenorphine can give me a little anxiety at times, morphine or heroin never did). It had a noticeable antidepressant effect to it with mental energy boost for the first few weeks. Then with time the euphoric/antidepressant effect died out completely, it's been 5 years for me on maintenance, at times when I manage to get perfect timing from the last dose (or whatever, maybe it's the right phase of moon ;)), I get extremely talkative when the dose starts working, but it lasts an hour or so and then I'm feeling sober, i.e. how I normally feel every day when I don't really notice buprenorphine effects much. At other occasions it can feel very sleepy, especially when I come home after work and my evening dose is the same as my morning dose or twice as much (I usually split 6mg into 3+3 mg, but sometimes I take 4mg in the morning or in the evening when I know I will have a hard day in the morning/evening). Bupe effects are very subtle but when it's been too long since the last dose, I can definitely feel that it's wearing off and that it's not something else.

I've been on suboxone for 4 years now, 8- 10 mgs DAILY... every day i feel relaxed, yet energetic at the same time but once the day goes on i get very tired... i love it tho, my emotions are also very limited... i hardly cried when my best friend died form an OD last month... it was a shock but still its like I'm numb to the world

i really do love being on it, i haven't had a drink of alcohol in literal years, i don't shoot dope anymore, suboxone works for me, however these past 4 years i have become a bit of a recluse thats because I'm content sitting home all day (when I'm not working) due to the relaxing, effects of suboxone... its like I'm constantly satisfied...

I was on subbies for about a year. 8mg a day, usually split in half am/pm. For me, it was just a mild feeling of well-being (not euphoria) and LOTS of energy. Great for work! Never craved opiates nor alcohol, and I built up very little tolerance.

I prefer Subutex to Suboxone. The naloxone seemed to give me a vaguely uncomfortable feeling, but that may have been my imagination.

Peace&Love,
jasper

I had been on buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone) for the first 3 years or so, then the whole program switched to a generic medication with buprenorphine only and I'm glad as those generic pills also dissolve much easier while the dose is the same as with Suboxone. For me the difference wasn't that big although with bupe/naloxone I would often sweat for the first 15-30 minutes after taking the pills, then it would go away and I would feel no difference between bupe and bupe/naloxone otherwise, but that alone makes me prefer buprenorphine-only pills. Also, why put naloxone in there which is a semi-synthetic made from thebaine and thus does cost a bit to produce if it does virtually nothing to deter i.v. use? Money, money, money.

I also like the emotion numbing effect, one of the things that make me realize the early withdrawal is already on is actually this numbing effect wearing off which can make me either start crying or laughing uncontrollably. However, it is very subtle as well, and more and more often recently the stress and anxiety have shot through buprenorphine very easily and it's impossible to control them with increasing the dose. It gets so rough at times I'm basically experiencing a panic attack and would normally take a benzodiazepine then, but I did that for 9 years and was very lucky to manage quitting them. It's a horrifying feeling when you're completely losing control over your emotions and realize there's basically no drug you could take to calm down. I wish buprenorphine still worked for me as it did at the very beginning, but I suppose the surroundings and life situation play tremendous role in how the effects of any drug are perceived.

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a Harm Reduction forum. I am not saying that your questions and concerns are not valued or respected, but there are certain guidelines that we have to follow to prevent the forums from going to shit. Nearly half of the threads on the front page of Other Drugs are totally irrelevant when considering the aforementioned guidelines of the sub-forum. What is Harm Reduction? Harm Reduction means actively trying to reduce harm for those who have decided to engage in the potentially risky practice of recreational drug use.

So, while asking questions about what various drugs feels like is not a bad thing in any way, it's not appropriate material for the sub-forum. There is only so much room on that front page and we can't have half of the threads being totally unrelated to Harm Reduction in any way. There are social forums here on Bluelight where you can discuss literally anything you want. We even have white supremacists kicking around discussing their Alt-Right political stance. There's a place for everything, but Other Drugs needs to be a place for Harm Reduction.

We could really be depriving people of the chance to get answers to their potentially life-threatening situations by allowing threads like "My parents found out I'm a drug addict" to completely hijack the sub-forum. Please guys, can we try to reel it in here? Other Drugs is our biggest harm reduction sub-forum and it's operating more like an episode of "The View" than a true HR forum. This is not Reddit/Opiates and for the love of God, let's not let it become that. I don't need to see pictures of your drugs or listen to a song you wrote about your heroin-addicted girlfriend.

Well, I can honestly say that while on subbies I never stuck a needle in my arm nor did I take any unprescribed pills. Smoked some weed, but that was the extent of my "drug abuse." I recommend subs to any opiate addict trying to kick.

Peace&Love,
jasper

I stabilized on 8mg of Suboxone for a few months then started to crave getting high again. I was determined to stay "clean" so I ignored the desire at the time. I began slowly tapering because I was feeling lethargic all the damn time and suspected the Suboxone to be the cause.

Once I got around ~2mg a day I started noticing that I was getting an hour or two long buzz after dosing. A buzz that I hadn't noticed while at higher doses.

It's the whole "less is more" thing with Suboxone. For me, it really was the case.

So I started dosing ~0.5mg four times a day (for a total of 2mg a day). I found myself experiencing a nice buzz four times a day. It was wonderful. FWIW, I was snorting the pills, not the strips. Found the buzz much more prominent with snorting over sublingual.

Currently you (the OP) are on 8mg a day so it's no surprise you don't get much of a buzz with each daily dose - your essentially keeping yourself saturated with bupe. Each daily dose of 8mg just serves to top yourself off...

You could try the whole "less is more" thing and it might surprise you. But you'll likely have to taper down to something like 2mg a day and stabilize there for a few days before you'll actually notice any buzz from dosing.

You could try the whole "less is more" thing and it might surprise you. But you'll likely have to taper down to something like 2mg a day and stabilize there for a few days before you'll actually notice any buzz from dosing.

How long had you been lowering your dose from 8mg a day down to 2mg before you started feeling a "buzz" yourself? Getting to the whole "less is more" thing is not really just about lowering your dose when you're at a relatively high dose, which 8mg certainly is as above that very little effect is added and rather simply more buprenorphine is floating around in your body unbound to receptors (obviously opinions here will vary as to which is the maximum dose above which no additional effects appear, and certainly this dose depends on the bioavailability of buprenorphine, the same dose taken sublingually can have different bioavailability for different people). Anyway, when you're at 8mg, you can't simply taper down to 2mg in a manner of a few days because you're going to start feeling some withdrawal symptoms rather more classic opioid effects. The % of MOP receptors occupied at the 2mg and 8mg doses is quite different and with a partial MOP agonist like buprenorphine with a sudden dose reduction you will experience less opioidergic neurotransmission, just like you would with a full MOP agonist like morphine, when you're operating in the dose range before the plateau (that is the flattening on the dose-response curve as the dose of buprenorphine is increased), of course due to specific pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of buprenorphine it won't be as immediate and as brutal. To start feeling more sedative morphine-like opioid effects from buprenorphine it is necessary to slowly decrease tolerance by slowly decreasing the daily dose.

Once you get there and starts feeling qualitatively different effects, the situation might go different ways, dose escalation does not lead to increased classic morphine-like effects with buprenorphine. Frustration might follow when you realize you can't get stronger effects but by increasing the dose you actually start feeling "less". Also, IMO not all people will be able to decrease their dose from 8mg or more down to 2mg, it all depends on the previous opioid use, if you have taken heroin for years and recently started maintenance on buprenorphine and stabilized at 8mg, which is holding off withdrawals and making you feel all right, don't be fooled you'll be able to decrease your dose down to 2mg anytime soon and start feeling stronger effects.

Correct, you can't just suddenly go from taking 8mg everyday to 2mg and expect to feel good. And not everyone reports experiencing "less is more" with bupe, I agree it's not for everyone.

It's hard to remember exactly (was years ago) but I tapered from 8mg down to 2mg probably over the course of a few months. (3 months maybe?)

Didn't start noticing the "less is more" effect immediately either. I remember stabilizing on 2mg for a week or two before I actually became aware of it. I just slowly starting noticing that I was getting a buzz after dosing... A buzz that wasn't there before the whole time I was on higher doses.

when i had no tolerance to any opioid, my friend gave me a quarter of one of her subs.

i found that it was dense and heavy, causing me to lay down wherever i was (under patio furniture, on a rolled up rug, behind the couch... felt nauseous, like other opioids, and luckily didnt hurl.

if it werent for the nausea, this experience would be almost up there with dilaudid, which i find my holy-grail op. good body buzz, but still doesnt touch heavenly hydromorphone. i know im gonna catch shit for this, but its better than heroin (lasts longer) and MUCH better than oxycodone (i like being gobsmacked rather than up)