View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Small & Handy N-Ethyl-Lanicemine Thread

Personal_Industry

Bluelighter
All I can find about this chemical is information on the chemical it is similar to (Lanicemine) and in a list of potential dissociatives in one single post on Bluelight. Plain Lanicemine has been trialed for "Ketamine like anti-depression effects without the high". I'm wondering if anyone with some background in this kind of chemistry might be able to point to whether an n-ethyl group could take this to an active psychedelic and the off chance that it might become more toxic than Lanicemine?

I know it is a bit of a stretch but I am curious if this actually has potential as the next Ephenidine or something. Unfortunately all typical dissociative analogues are well very covered by laws in my country and importing anything has become a mess because of fentanyl. Packages coming through customs with random powders are certainly screened with much greater scrutiny than a couple of years ago.

Thank you!

All I can find about this chemical is information on the chemical it is similar to (Lanicemine) and in a list of potential dissociatives in one single post on Bluelight. Plain Lanicemine has been trialed for "Ketamine like anti-depression effects without the high". I'm wondering if anyone with some background in this kind of chemistry might be able to point to whether an n-ethyl group could take this to an active psychedelic and the off chance that it might become more toxic than Lanicemine?

I know it is a bit of a stretch but I am curious if this actually has potential as the next Ephenidine or something. Unfortunately all typical dissociative analogues are well very covered by laws in my country and importing anything has become a mess because of fentanyl. Packages coming through customs with random powders are certainly screened with much greater scrutiny than a couple of years ago.

Thank you!

If the pyridine ring can function as a bioisostere for a benzene ring then yes, this has the potential to be a recreational dissociative, being an analogue of ephenidine.

However, we have no idea on just how potent of a dissociative this might be (nor of its potential toxicity) - swapping out one ring system for another can easily decrease a drug's potency by an order of magnitude.

well pyridine can get protonated easily, so that increase in polarity might mess with potency...

Accidentally deleted my post while trying to edit (typing on phone). Thank you both for your input. Is it safe to assume toxicity would be similar to Lanicemine which also has the pyridine ring? Would the n-ethyl be capable od pushing it up considerably (OR is this something that just cannot be assumed). Lanicemine appears to have significant effect in trials but was not found to be psychedelic as far as I can tell from the posted research. I guess the only way forward for now is bioassay and I haven't worked up the courage. Cheers!

no, assuming any kind of pharmacological activity with an unknown substance is not safe. if you want to be the test subject, do it the shulgin way and start incredibly low (like 1/1000 of the dose of the next known analogue) and work your way up in successive trials. ideally have a sitter around who will also help with potential medical emergencies (in the worst case calling an ambulance) and don't be impatient.

still, trying an unknown drug without any other anecdotes to go by is not something you should consider "safe". but if you do, please document your findings and share the information. :)

this compound is being sold by a well known RC company

Alright ladies and gentleman, after much delay and fear, I took the plunge. Many others had to be the first to try a substance and report on it and I feel like I owe it to the community. Some assumptions 1)That I received N-Ethyl-Lanicemine 2)That purity is actually close to 100% 3) I am on the tail end of a week long Lyrica taper after using it to avoid harsh WDs from daily Tianeptine (oral) use. Also, I have three years or so experience using arylcyclohexylamine like drugs 3 times a week (this includes Methoxetamine and Ephenidine).

1st, this drug is absolutely active in a dissociative way. It does not seem physically harmful in acute doses up to 75mg. I have almost always taken Lyrica earlier in the day before trials so it may have a multiplicative effect, however, I go from very slightly off baseline to a fairly recognizable head space. I never had the opportunity to try 2-meo-diphenedine or diphenedine so I could easily be taking one of those that has been switched in, however, my vendor has always been legit about the labeling.

The taste is lemony, then chemical. It is pretty expensive material so definitely not something I can go hard on the way I did MXE for several years (this is probably a good thing). It might be the only real option in my country for a grey-web (as opposed to dark web) dissociative thanks to laws that strangely highlight ketamine analogs and not any of the traditional psychedelic analogs at all.

It does not have the body glow of MXE or Ephenidine and it feels more like a sterile Ephenidine trip (which is sad, I love the way Ephenidine can make you feel like your body is the universe). OEVs are limited as well, however, visual disturbance starts getting in the way of any activity by dropping visual frames and there is a repetitive "reframing" of your perception as if it is "back to normal" but hard to say what was off. CEVs are where this shines, you get to control very complex visual patterns that expand out into the world and it is a little like an opiate nod in that you feel like you are existing in a completely different space. Sleep comes after several hours and since you are not completely jazzed by the energy of Ephenidine you can skip the "my fan is a conversation happening" for hours while you try to finally pass out.

Downside, taking enough to trip is enough to carve out your brain the next day and be incapable of normal conversation. Otherwise, hangover is not terrible and could almost be considered "afterglow".

This is a strange one and I hope some others are now encouraged that I didn't die, nor does it feel acutely toxic. From pharmaceutical studies on Lanicimine alone (closest analogue), psychedelia was reported in some few subjects around 100mg. I have been insane about these trials and worked up by eye. I feel like 50mg-ish was my minimum threshold dose and 75mg-ish is where I am now. Will try a 100mg dose when I have a scale again and I'll do it otherwise sober.

If anyone else decides to try this, please be more careful than I have. I don't know the purity of my very rare chemical and we have no idea if it has multiple ways of manufacture that might lead to different dose curves or experiences (like MXE is purported to have). Please always use a scale, start with allergy test and work your way up. That said, it is pretty light on the body.

Good luck and I will report a "clean" experience in the future.

Thanks for reporting back! It's always exciting to learn about a new substance. I'm going to "Small and Handy" this thread and add it to the Index. I hope some others are encouraged and give this a shot, and report back. :)

Thanks Shadowmeister. I think cost is going to be a limiting factor in others trying this interesting addition to the Disso family, however, I would be interested to hear other experiences and it might help tease out doses, duration and all that fun jazz.

I will add that effects do seem to scale further and you can find yourself robo-walking, unable to hit your mouth with a glass of water, and be sure you are able to function sober split right down the middle with lost in imagination land. Please be careful!

Took again ~100mg and being about 5 days off of any other substance and it was pretty light, definitely impacted speech a bit and clearly dissociative headspace setting in but nothing too visual just a little wonky. Harder to focus on what I watching but still totally understanding it. Nice and easy but not much to write home about. I have 150mg lined up for tomorrow. I also have enough left over to mix with 4-aco-dmt since that was always a pretty smooth mix with ephenidine, MXE and others.

I'm pretty sure I got a bag of tiletamine instead of MXE from China a couple years ago (impossible to prove but it matched the descriptions WAAAAY closer, was nothing like previous MXE batches, and was repeatedly that way over 40 doses). I can confirm that this is definitely a step up from whatever that was if still two steps below MXE/ephenidine.

Since Canada is a particularly dissociative limited country I will also be giving memantine a try. I know that is also not really a popular compound for tripping but having another reference point for disso users could be useful and I really want to find something that can bring back the magic for me since the good ones are all gone (from the domestic clearnet at least). Thanks to the disaster that is fentanyl I don't feel particularly comfortable shipping powders through customs as I feel like they are way more focused on stopping them and the "less than 23 grams, no check" rule went out the window.

I will continue to report back findings.

Has anyone else given this a go? It's been in the wild for quite some time, and there's a dearth of information, 1st person or otherwise.

Not surprised this never caught on since the price is outrageous. It is still available but I think it is too heady and not euphoric enough that it would never be made in bulk to bring price down to any kind of sane. It is pretty easy to blow through $200 worth in a night (this doesn't map to my previous mentioned doses so I dont think it breaks the rules) and still feel like you never got "there" like the recreational dissos.

Not surprised this never caught on since the price is outrageous. It is still available but I think it is too heady and not euphoric enough that it would never be made in bulk to bring price down to any kind of sane. It is pretty easy to blow through $200 worth in a night (this doesn't map to my previous mentioned doses so I dont think it breaks the rules) and still feel like you never got "there" like the recreational dissos.
I know this thread is old and this is probably just a shot in the dark but I created an account to ask what the ROA you used for the 75-100mg of this?? I'm thinking of trying it out and publishing a report here, but I can't really tell if you dosed this orally or intranasally (which I just associate as "the route" with dissociatives since I don't use needles).