disagreement with a couple rules on Bluelight

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I'm obviously not new around here, I'm sure a few of you know me throughout the years. I never understood why a couple of these rules are made. First, the whole pricing thing. Why is it really an issue? Someone says "so on the way home i picked up a half gram of meth for 20$ went home & got high" or "while in withdrawal my friend gave me a good deal on these Percocet 10s only 2$ each" really why is that not allowed? What issue does that cause like honestly. Second, the no drug testing questions policy, if someone asks how long does it generally take to get cocaine out of there system why is that thread always closed shortly after? I mean yeah they could probably Google that but if they make a thread why not give them the average timeframe of cocaine showing up in a urine test? These are the only 2 rules that i never liked much. I do agree with the rest of the rules though but these Idk about.

I think an issue with prices is people tend to compare how much they pay for drugs and can lead to sourcing. Bluelight has lots of threads in our archives regarding drug testing and Other Drugs has a sticky informational thread that addresses general clearance times. I'm going to move this to Site Technical Help.

Thank you T. I never thought about the sourcing possibility with prices. I wasn't trying to come off hostile either just confused i guess

bluelight is way to strict sometimes, and moderators LOVE to geek out on their authority

^ that's one way of looking at it.

another is that, by focusing on the hr mission and disallowing sourcing discussion (and pricing discussion which is, as t. calderone correctly suggests, is often the precursor to sourcing) we ensure that bluelight is not a target for scrutiny by law enforcement and ensure that we're around tomorrow to help people who need help.

suggesting that bl staff love to geek out on their authority is, frankly, lame and, in my opinion, just inaccurate. i've been a member of many online communities and, in my experience, bluelight is moderated relatively lightly (with the exception of sourcing, spamming and trolling) compared to most other communities in which i have participated.

thanks for the feedback ovo1024.

alasdair

to back up what ali said, there is a reason why BL is still around and active in 2017 whereas many other forums aren't...

I don't get the not being able to ask about drug testing either...

Are you talking about testing your drugs or getting drug tested for a new job / legal issues?

Bluelight can't be held responsible for you failing a drug test and not getting a job or worse going to jail because you read some hair brained idea on how to pass a drug test on the message boards that didn't work.

Are you talking about testing your drugs or getting drug tested for a new job / legal issues?

Bluelight can't be held responsible for you failing a drug test and not getting a job or worse going to jail because you read some hair brained idea on how to pass a drug test on the message boards that didn't work.

How is that any more of a liability than if someone od's and dies after following dosage/combination/not to go to the hospital/ ECT advice on here? I see a lot of people post things and they have no clue what they are talking about. It would seem to me that would be a MUCH bigger liability!

Drug testing for work is getting more precise than oeople are usually thinking.

A lot of questions are how to avoid a positive test or cheat.

Fact is you cant.

How is that any more of a liability than if someone od's and dies after following dosage/combination/not to go to the hospital/ ECT advice on here? I see a lot of people post things and they have no clue what they are talking about. It would seem to me that would be a MUCH bigger liability!

There are a lot of people who are advised here to go to the hospital and are hestitant to do so for fear of being treated lije shit there or their drug use exposed etc.

The point is trying to give information out in how to avoid that hospital visit in the first place.

Sometimes someone develops an abscess or drug reaction having done the thing this place is teaching against. Some people do go and get treated, some would rather die than not so its hard to help people at times.

I see a lot of people post things and they have no clue what they are talking about.
if you see posts which you feel are problematic, please report them. just click this icon:

report.gif

thanks.

alasdair