Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - minimally experienced - Sudden uncontrollable sobbing

R

RandomTripper72819

Hello,

Tonight was maybe my 6th time doing lsd and I wanted to share this specific experience because it confused the hell out of me and I would love to know if anyone has experienced the same or has some sort of explanation. Everytime I’ve tripped it’s been an absolutely amazing experience. This time was the same, I was alone in my room at night with my dog. I dropped at around 11:30 PM and by 1 AM I believe I had reached the peak. I was listening to music and fully submerged in it, and laying beside my dog when all of a sudden in a matter of a second everything took a miserable dark turn. I somehow start seeing my dog as though it’s a vision from future of how she’d look like when she’d die. I knew it was just the lsd but I couldn’t stop staring at her and at how tragically peaceful she looked and out of nowhere I start sobbing uncontrollably. And I realized I already had tears on my face and came to the conclusion that I had been crying for a while and that made me lose it even more until it was basically just me and a vision of my dead dog and freeflowing tears. The thing that ticked me off about this so much was the intense feeling of inexplicable sadness I felt in that moment that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. And when I finally thought my emotional fit was over I looked at my hands and saw strands of fur from my dog and went into a nastier crying fit that now involved me looking at the absolute mess that I am. This was all what was apparently a span of 5 minutes but it felt like an eternity in my head and it made absolutely no sense at all. I had literally been sitting enjoying my trip and out of nowhere I was sobbing my eyes out and was a complete utter mess. But then in another 5 minutes I was back to normal and it was just the craziest turn of events that I would love if anyone could offer some sort of explanation for. It might be worth it to note that I haven’t actually cried in a long time and at one point it actually felt relieving to let it all out although I didn’t know why I was crying or when I had even begun.

This was all just a very confusing experience and I apologize if I was not able to communicate it coherently (currently coming down from this experience actually :) )

substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
roacode_sublingual
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychedelics can flood your head with intense emotions, they amplify thoughts and can put them at the center of your focus.

It's completely normal for people to get on these dark trails when taking psychedelics. Sometimes the malicious thoughts can be therapeutic and other times they can be so horrific that they traumatize.

So in short this is normal and nothing to dwell on. It may have been a fear you have had about losing your dog coming to the surface, or maybe you love your dog so intensely that when the thought of her dying came to you it was so strong you couldn't shake it.

When I get into these situations of my thoughts turning on me I'll default to laying down, closing my eyes, putting on good music, and falling into a relaxed state.

having a perspective that includes "future history" is a terrific thing!
naturally it will present options to you that realistically portray ageing, as well as other transformations through time such as:
loss of reference points in a city which becomes rebuilt bigger and "better"
loss of family members in a life that will include new challenges and relationships
loss of school or jobs to be replaced by unemployment or great responsibility or maybe retirement.

the future is all possibilities, cry if it is poetic to you, but expect anything and enjoy the present all the more because it is the only thing that is real for the moment it lasts

You know how they say that "laughter is healthy". Well I believe crying is equally healthy,although largely surpressed in our culture.

Personally I love crying during trips. It's getting out something you don't need anymore !

The first time I ever cried on a psychedelic until one night I got in a cycle of full on weeping and near hysterical laughter. I had about 80mg of 4-HO-MET iirc and ended up crying for all the sorrow I've experienced in life which mutated into weeping for all the suffering in the world. I would then start laughing for all the joy in the world before flipping back to crying - strange as fuck.

I've cried a couple of times since and its always been great. I don't cry when sober, ever, being brought up that men don't cry but thoroughly enjoyed the crying. To me it is a release of pent up emotion that psychedelics allow to surface.

It's pretty normal to have a volatile emotional state on psychedelics, it's not all random though: actual emotional reactions, possibly involving hangups you have been carrying around you for a long time, can surface too and be expressed. At other times though very minor things can have a massive impact emotionally, which tends to swing you in all directions a whole lot. In any case, don't fight it and just go through them, because that is the therapeutic way. Use it as an opportunity to resolve things, even if you didn't necessarily ask for that.
We have a great emotional wisdom in ourselves even if we aren't that good at dealing with them usually... psychedelics activate a lot of mental material and while it still usually isn't easy, IMO it tends to follow a course of its own if you just let it... there is such revelatory power behind it that at least you don't have to dig around.

Mortality also tends to be a theme with psychedelics, reconciling with things like that is one of the brighter gifts they can offer.

It also doesn't have to make sense if it is irrational.

Don't know about the doge prophecies beyond that... also irrational

It's not a good acid trip if you don't sob your brains out at some point 8)

I recall one time I was tripping acid and I watched Napoleon Dynamite, and when the credits rolled and they played that song by When in Rome, I lost it. I just started bawling my eyes out. I have idea why either. Anyhow, I felt so cleansed afterwards, in fact nothing has ever felt so cleansing in my entire life. A good cry is always healthy my friend :)

My best trips ever have been those of which I cried at least once during :)

Like others have said, tears, sorrow, sadness, etc., can be an important part of a psych experience. I know it is not preferred, generally, but can have therapeutic value unto itself. We all have many facets of our lives/personalities/experiences, and sometimes psychs force you to take a look at them, and sometimes tripping can be less "fun" and a bit more serious.

I'm gonna move this to Trip Reports.

PD -> TR