• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fighting MDMA comedown

Berendje

Bluelighter
So this is my story of a brutal MDMA comedown. On NYE of this year I took a 220 mg xtc pill and 2 lines of mephydrone few hours before. Didn’t use anything in 2016. I divided it in quarter, just before it kicked in half and the other quarter like 2.5 hours later. The pills where tested and others took them too.
Had a pretty fierce kick in, but after a few minutes everything was fine.
After the trip, the next day everything was fine, but then 2 days after the comedown was really heavy.

• Anxious
  • Brain zaps
  • Sweaty hands
  • No concentration/memory
  • Sensitive to light
  • Couldn’t handle any stress or effort
  • Shocks in my sleep
  • Nightmares
  • Dizziness

So after a week or so most symptoms dissapeared, but the concentration/memory problem, light sensitivity and dizziness lasted. Because I had a pretty calm semester it didn’t stand out that much. When working 2 days a week I noticed I wasn’t recovered 100%. Had a panic attack now and then, feeling tired, bit dizzy. But in march I had to write my bachelor thesis and also work. Then, after a few weeks the big problems came, couldn’t handle stress, dizzy feeling at the right side of my face, brain fog, anxious. All when doing labor or studying.
So went to my GP, blood tests, MRI all good. So at that point I knew it had to do something with the XTC. With pain and effort I finished my bachelor thesis, although symptoms became more and more. In the holidays I was hoping to recover but, I did a bit. I couldn’t really concentrate or do effort. Tried to start with my masters, but after a few weeks of hard work I experienced massive brain fogs and anxiety. So I decided to take a break, now after a few weeks of rest everything was pretty quiet, still not there of course. This week I tried working for 8 hours, after a few hours I got a dizzy feeling at the right side of my face, enormous brain fog (living like a robot in this case), increased light sensitive, getting bit of tunnel vision and anxiety. So now I’m having a little bit rest and symptoms slowly start to fade. Experiencing brain fog and sensitive to stimulus little bit. Dizzy/tense feeling in the skin slowly fades. Since a month there’s a little floater flying sometimes, but I think it’s more because of the anxiety I notice. Also I don’t know it’s because of the light sensitivity there’s a little bit visual snow noticeable on walls.
Stopped drinking coffee and alcohol since september.

I’m really intolerant to doing anything, cause if I live like a greenhouse plant I’m a lot better then working. I can do some easy sports, but with high labor I can’t really function. Also doing a hobby or being with friends isn’t a problem, just have to make sure I don’t get tired.

Are there more people who recognize this. I did read some MDMA recovery, but it’s like doing anything gives me problems.. I don’t know if I will ever recover from this. I’m so scared I can never work or study again. Also getting pretty depressed. It’s weird your life can change like this in one night..

Trying to avoid effort, live healthy, sleep regularly, meditate and do some sports. Think it’s best to avoid an SSRI. Hope I can recover somehow.

Last edited:
You didnt take enough to cause brain damage in my opinion. People get the same issues from smoking weed. Treat your condition as depersonalization/derealization, probably caused by too much cortisol and temporary serotonin depletion.

You didnt take enough to cause brain damage in my opinion. People get the same issues from smoking weed. Treat your condition as depersonalization/derealization, probably caused by too much cortisol and temporary serotonin depletion.
Precisely this, I agree completely

So it’s anxiety then isn’t it? The thing I worry about is the fact I can’t do heavy labor and the tense side of my face. For example if I go to the gym and workout really heavy or do some serious studying I get some symptoms. Could it be related to the LTC? Or are those other symptoms?

See if you can source some Carbon-60 suspension, or start crushing high purity shungite to a fine powder and including it in your water. That along with turmeric+black pepper as well. This isn't a specific cure all, but C-60 is the strongest anti-inflammatory for the human body as well as an extremely potent anti-free-radical substance. It will help your body get in shape to recover itself. One dropper's worth of my C-60 when I'm getting sick has me recovered and the sickness fought off within 24 hours, and the success stories of it's use are even crazier.

Last edited:
I wouldnt call it anxiety, as that term describes more the psychological side imo. Anxiety is way easier to deal with.

I think our bodies are stressed out in a hormonal sense.

Read about HPA axis and cortisol. That would explain why heavy exercise makes your symptoms worse, because more cortisol is released.

So, do you think it will restore? Has been 11 months now. Do I have to keep stress and labor at a low level, to prevent the release of cortisol? Maybe the HPA axis is overloaded? I don’t really understand my problem sometimes. This morning I woke up feeling shit and now it’s way better.

I used to feel the worst in the mornings too, probably because cortisol is highest in the morning.

You have to go to a doctor to know about the state of your hormones.

In the meantime dont work out heavy if it makes you feel bad. Go for long walks, do some light jogging and bodyweight exercises.

Bloodtests have been done already. Do you think my serotonine receptors have to restore then or just the imbalance of hormones?

So this is my story of a brutal MDMA comedown. On NYE of this year I took a 220 mg xtc pill. Didn’t use anything in 2016. I divided it in quarter, just before it kicked in half and the other quarter like 2.5 hours later. The pills where tested and others took them too.Had a pretty fierce kick in, but after a few minutes everything was fine.After the trip, the next day everything was fine, but then 2 days after the comedown was really heavy.
  • Anxious
  • Brain zaps
  • Sweaty hands
  • No concentration/memory
  • Sensitive to light
  • Couldn’t handle any stress or effort
  • Shocks in my sleep
  • Nightmares
  • Dizziness
So after a week or so most symptoms dissapeared, but the concentration/memory problem, light sensitivity and dizziness lasted. Because I had a pretty calm semester it didn’t stand out that much. When working 2 days a week I noticed I wasn’t recovered 100%. Had a panic attack now and then, feeling tired, bit dizzy. But in march I had to write my bachelor thesis and also work. Then, after a few weeks the big problems came, couldn’t handle stress, dizzy feeling at the right side of my face, brain fog, anxious. All when doing labor or studying.So went to my GP, blood tests, MRI all good. So at that point I knew it had to do something with the XTC. With pain and effort I finished my bachelor thesis, although symptoms became more and more. In the holidays I was hoping to recover but, I did a bit. I couldn’t really concentrate or do effort. Tried to start with my masters, but after a few weeks of hard work I experienced massive brain fogs and anxiety. So I decided to take a break, now after a few weeks of rest everything was pretty quiet, still not there of course. This week I tried working for 8 hours, after a few hours I got a dizzy feeling at the right side of my face, enormous brain fog (living like a robot in this case), increased light sensitive, getting bit of tunnel vision and anxiety. So now I’m having a little bit rest and symptoms slowly start to fade. Experiencing brain fog and sensitive to stimulus little bit. Dizzy/tense feeling in the skin slowly fades. Since a month there’s a little floater flying sometimes, but I think it’s more because of the anxiety I notice. Also I don’t know it’s because of the light sensitivity there’s a little bit visual snow noticeable on walls.Stopped drinking coffee and alcohol since september.I’m really intolerant to doing anything, cause if I live like a greenhouse plant I’m a lot better then working. I can do some easy sports, but with high labor I can’t really function. Also doing a hobby or being with friends isn’t a problem, just have to make sure I don’t get tired. Are there more people who recognize this. I did read some MDMA recovery, but it’s like doing anything gives me problems.. I don’t know if I will ever recover from this. I’m so scared I can never work or study again. Also getting pretty depressed. It’s weird your life can change like this in one night.. Trying to avoid effort, live healthy, sleep regularly, meditate and do some sports. Think it’s best to avoid an SSRI. Hope I can recover somehow. Sorry if my English is not always proper, I’m from the Netherlands. Also think I did forget some things but it’s the main story.
Maak je geen zorgen man, ik zit momenteel in een LTC + HPPD van 5x +- 200mg pillen en bijna een halve gram mdma kristallen.Maak jezelf niet wijs dat je hersenschade hebt zoals ik in het begin deed.Angstgevoelens kunnen rare dingen met je doen en kunnen hersenschade imiteren.Hoop dat je snel beter wordt!

Maak je geen zorgen man, ik zit momenteel in een LTC + HPPD van 5x +- 200mg pillen en bijna een halve gram mdma kristallen.Maak jezelf niet wijs dat je hersenschade hebt zoals ik in het begin deed.Angstgevoelens kunnen rare dingen met je doen en kunnen hersenschade imiteren.Hoop dat je snel beter wordt!
I can understand what you're saying but please for the other members either post in English or take it to PM

What do you think BlueBull? Is my serotonine system still recovering? Or how would you threat my situation?

Check the last few pages of the recovery thread of MDMA. I've wrote a lot about it. Been exactly where you are, now I'm just back to ease the misery of other fellow humans with my experience!

What do you guys think about the numb/tense side of my face? When I do a little bit of effort it appears. Is this a normal symptom?

On my phone now, will reply when I have some time. Might be a while

You have to most likely specifically request various hormone tests to see the status of Testosterone and cortisol and pregnenolone for example.

They are not standard tests that are done.

Doctor prescribed TRT was a major part of my LTC recovery. Im still on it right now and idk how long I will be but I enjoy the benefits otherwise lol. In some ways, the TRT and pregnenolone got rid of my mild social anxiety I had with girls too! Even before the LTC started! I just feel way more confident but also way more emphatetic in general. I try to keep my DHT and E2 levels up. When i recovered at first it felt like I was on MDMA again.

What do you guys think about the numb/tense side of my face? When I do a little bit of effort it appears. Is this a normal symptom?

There are numerous people who have these odd face/head symptoms without involving drugs. Cranial nerves can be very finnicky (and are responsible for so called "brain zaps" that people may experience with MDMA or SSRI withdrawal). There are muscles that tend to get kicked in with anxiety that can cause issues with cranial nerves that can lead to numbness/tingling on the face/head and headaches.

I would try looking at those problems from a musculoskeletal health perspective, especially if you have forward head posture. If you have forward head posture, that is extremely important to correct in my opinion.

I would practice mindfulness meditation and try to gain some more bodily awareness.

I forgot to say, I consumed 2 lines of mephydrone at around 00:00 and the xtc at 03:30 maybe it caused neurotoxity? I spoke to a drugdocter and he thinks about flashbacks. But it just doesnt feel like that. It feels like I fried my brain or something..