• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fighting MDMA comedown

What do you think BlueBull? Is my serotonine system still recovering? Or how would you threat my situation?
I think what happens in most cases with MDMA side-effects is that at first, they have a physical cause. Think brain zaps, tremors, nausea, dizziness,... And this creates a certain anxiety to begin with, which is completely normal. Now these side-effects are usually unpredictable in that they can never occur, they can occur on the 50th use or they can occur on first use. This makes them unexpected, as they weren't happening before and they usually catch people off guard. This reinforces the anxiety which worsens the physical symptoms, or rather the perception of them, since now the user is focusing on them. At this point the anxiety starts creating its own symptoms, think derealization, depersonalization, panic attacks, tremors, muscle tension, (perceived) heart palpitations,.... which creates even more anxiety. Usually people then start to research and come across other horror stories and entire lists of possible root causes, from HPPD to brain damage to alzheimers even. More anxiety ensues. Symptoms worsen even more. And so on so on

It takes a whole lot more to do bonafide permanent damage to your body than what you did. I'll tell you that exactly what you describe, minus the brain zaps and light sensitivity, I saw in someone and it was triggered by a weed edible. Went on for months like that, almost a year. With intense derealization as well. She oftentimes couldn't remember a few hours later, what she had for breakfast so her memory was shot. Was tripping all the time because of balance issues caused by dizziness. Only got better when the underlying anxiety, which developed into an anxiety disorder, was managed and treated. If weed can do that by purely psychological means, so can MDMA. And I am certain that for a lot of cases, realizing this can help tremendously.
I wouldnt call it anxiety, as that term describes more the psychological side imo. Anxiety is way easier to deal with.
While I agree with the general message in this, I do have to say that the two are intertwined. Psychological issues can manifest physically in intensely strange ways. 'Anxiety' or 'anxiety disorders' is a very broad term and some types and forms of disorders are completely debilitating, they take over your entire life. So no I don't think one is easier to treat than the other, I think that depends on the person entirely, case by case. I describe what someone close to me experienced with a weed edible above. That was a bonafide anxiety disorder she developed. It held her entire life in its grips for a year before she was able to slowly manage it. Even now two years on she's still struggling at times but she is slowly moving past it. Some people are more prone to such things than others and for those that are very prone to it, drug use sometimes triggers very unexpected issues

Thanks for the extensive response bluebull. Did she also had an ‘empty head’ and did things get worse when doping labor? I wonder why I don’t see any improvement after 11 months.

Thanks for the extensive response bluebull. Did she also had an ‘empty head’ and did things get worse when doping labor? I wonder why I don’t see any improvement after 11 months.
If by empty head you mean she had problems forming thoughts, that her mind wasn't the usual steady stream of thoughts but that she had to focus to actually think, then yes. If you mean by empty that she felt like all her emotions were blunted or completely gone, feeling empty on the inside, then also yes

My guess is that you're not seeing improvement because the core issue is still there. That needs to be managed first before improvement can happen

What do you mean by doping labor? I tried to figure out what you mean but I'm at a loss I'm afraid

That’s exactly what I mean, I need to think to think. Its quiet inside.
I ment doing labor or exercise or work. But maybe its because I panic for not functioning optimal that makes it worse.

That’s exactly what I mean, I need to think to think. Its quiet inside.
I ment doing labor or exercise or work. But maybe its because I panic for not functioning optimal that makes it worse.
She had that as well indeed. In therapy they told her that this was because her body was put into a permanent state of hypervigilance, the flight/fight/freeze response was triggered and stayed that way. And this made it harder to form rational thoughts, since that is usually not a priority for your body when it is in fight/flight/freeze mode. Mind you, she had a bad experience with weed and it was mostly the experience itself that caused this, it was a sort of bad trip. In your case it wasn't the drug experience itself but what happened after that, which triggered what you're experiencing now. The symptoms are mostly the same though, that's why I decided to share parts of her story. I've seen what you're experiencing a huge number of times before, though never in real life only on this forum. And in almost all cases, it eventually gets better. And in a big part of those cases, people recover pretty quickly once they realize anxiety is a part of this or sometimes the cause even. And even more quickly once they find ways of managing that

For her it didn't get worse when exercising. But that's the thing, for everyone there are different triggers. For her it was the dark. When night fell she noticed she always got worse

The strange thing is most LTC sufferers me included always had thoughts and never had empty mind. Many weed DP sufferers too report hyperactive mind.

That being said, I think some MDMA sufferers can have a physical cause as well in hormones. Though I never had hormonal imbalances causing blank mind.

No wasnt red bull. Where blue pills tested at 220mg. Strange contour without break lines. Not sure what the name was.

The thing is, 1. Numb face can be caused by damaged nerves. 2. Really low energy. 3. Empty head 4. I was a really busy person, now being busy gets me al kind of strange symptoms. I really think I did some damage because of those symptoms. But given the dosage I took, it was high but not that enormous?
During the trip I was pretty sweating and had some pressure feeling in my head. Also the music was a little bit les loud then before. Were those normal symptoms?

The face/Head symptoms can be caused by cranial nerve compression/irritation - those symptoms certainly don’t have to be due to nerve damage.

I was a really busy person, now being busy gets me al kind of strange symptoms. I really think I did some damage because of those symptoms.

But given the dosage I took, it was high but not that enormous?
During the trip I was pretty sweating and had some pressure feeling in my head. Also the music was a little bit les loud then before. Were those normal symptoms?

It is almost like two things like you are overstressed, have a burn out. And have taken MDMA after a one year period off, which is long enough to loose that "I am used to that" feeling. These two together triggered something. I would look into a protocol for treating "overspannenheid" which roughly translates to chronic stress or burnout. I know there is one for dr's (huisartsen) can't find it. I will search around if necessary send me a pm or reply.

What I wrote sounds a lot like being stressed out way to much for far to long? And my goto when I am feeling like that would be something like taking MDMA

It is almost like two things like you are overstressed, have a burn out. And have taken MDMA after a one year period off, which is long enough to loose that "I am used to that" feeling. These two together triggered something. I would look into a protocol for treating "overspannenheid" which roughly translates to chronic stress or burnout. I know there is one for dr's (huisartsen) can't find it. I will search around if necessary send me a pm or reply.

What I wrote sounds a lot like being stressed out way to much for far to long? And my goto when I am feeling like that would be something like taking MDMA

That's also what I thought, I was already on the point of having a burn out I think. But I wonder why I'm not recovering that fast. I threat this like a burn out, but I think that maybe I did some damage to my serotonin system too? Those 2 together then causing the problems I have.
For now I'll take some rest and see where it goes.

So at first I didn't notice but now I see al kinds of moving dots/floaters when I stare at a bright sky? Also I have al little bit of VS on walls. Does this mean I also have HPPD?

So at first I didn't notice but now I see al kinds of moving dots/floaters when I stare at a bright sky? Also I have al little bit of VS on walls. Does this mean I also have HPPD?

I think yes a mild form if you haven't seen them before. That will also explain your fatigue because i have the same.

If u don't see afterimages and colored spickles etc i think whe are having the same condition. Mild HPPD with fatigue and some slight anxiety. You are lucky you don't have tinnitus because that's deffinetly the worst symtom and is also a common thing with HPPD.

Visual artifacts while looking at a blue sky (see blue sky phenomenon) are perfectly normal, some visual snow and even tinnitus is also perfectly normal but being hyper aware of them/staring at a wall and other things can make them much more apparent.

This is weird, I’ve been tested positive to Lyme. So now i’m really confused if these symptomes are because of my ltc or Lyme. Cause I really thought it started after the NYE night. Gonna call the drugsdoctor and ask his oppinion. Think I have to treat the Lyme, cause it would be awfull if that get’s chronic. I’ll post my updates here.

This is weird, I’ve been tested positive to Lyme. So now i’m really confused if these symptomes are because of my ltc or Lyme. Cause I really thought it started after the NYE night. Gonna call the drugsdoctor and ask his oppinion. Think I have to treat the Lyme, cause it would be awfull if that get’s chronic. I’ll post my updates here.
I had lyme too, from a tick bite. Caught the red circle right away luckily though so was on antibiotics right away. Get yourself treated right away. Like you say, chronic lyme really is no joke, that can seriously mess you up

I had lyme too, from a tick bite. Caught the red circle right away luckily though so was on antibiotics right away. Get yourself treated right away. Like you say, chronic lyme really is no joke, that can seriously mess you up

I must been infected in 2016 or earlier then. Maybe in januari it became active due to low resistence of partying and the nye trip. We’ll see if my symptoms are due to Lyme or ltc after treatment.

Small update, my symptoms didn't improve, so I decided to try a SSRI. I'm 3 weeks on 50mg Zoloft now. My constant fear/worrying is gone although I'm so exhausted I prefer to stay in bed for 20 hours a day. Hope that side effect will disappear soon, it's the only side effect with sweaty hands. The LTC symptoms are still there, the only difference is that I don't worry about it anymore. Hope and pray it will get better soon. The reason for trying Zoloft is to calm down my constant worrying, therapy has little effect on it's own... Also after 15 month's of no/little improvement I think it's worth a try.

First off, Thanks for sharing your experience. Well, the same is still happening to me. In the last 2 weeks, most of symtops started to fade and I thought that everything has get back to its normal state. But no, in these last two days I've started feeling pain in my left armpit again and a sore throat. I drunk too much lemon with honey but that made it worse regarding my throat. It feels like there is a pimple on it when I swallow. But for the itchy rashes it worked a lil bit good. Also, my left ear area still getting tingled every now n then. I had numbness in my face right side too but that was like two times. Anyhow, I hope we can get over it soon and I need to get to my normal. life this is so terrifying.