• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

help

It can be pretty annoying at first, but most clinics make dosing really easy. As long as it’s not too far away and you have a provider somewhere relative near where you live or work, I’ve know more than one teacher who has used methadone to their benefit.

Any ORT would probably be helpful for you at this point though. Methadone’s a big committment, but that is often just what people need.

OP, how do you avoid drug testing issues with your drug use and job? I’d imagine that that issue would make ORT worth it in and of itself.

What about the constricted pupils? I know that on pills it would go away afyer a few hours. On subs I'm reading they last all day. Is there any way to fix this?

Not really. It shouldn't be too obvious though. Side effects like pinned pupils takes some time to get away, but worst case scenario they should only last a few hours after you dose - I'd doubt they last all day. I never noticed it was a problem when I was taking either methadone or buprenorphine.

When they test me every week do they check for other drugs too and kick you out? I’ve used mdma at concerts and such, not a habit but i do it from time to time.

...and to answer the question about being drug tested for my job.....I'm a teacher and have been for almost 10 years. I have never once been drug tested. Scary, I know.

When they test me every week do they check for other drugs too and kick you out? I’ve used mdma at concerts and such, not a habit but i do it from time to time.

How your doctor or clinic drug tests you totally depends on them. Some of them will do so randomly once a month, others do it a couple times randomly during the first three months and then never again, others will just do it on intake (generally you can expect some kind of random UA though). UA discussion is prohibited, so that's about the most info you'll get on drug testing.

IME methadone providers are much stricter with drug tests than most buprenorphine providers are given the relative legal regulations. But when they do test they generally test for all common illegal drugs (so MDMA would likely come up if you used it recently).

This will be somewhat of a tangent, but it appears an appropriate time to post it. So about 5 years ago I had a few months clean and a "buddy" hit me up and was desperate. He was trying to gather some critical information for a friend. His "friend" had a drug test coming in about a week and he was concerned how his "friend" could pass the drug test for methamphetamine. I had heard about some techniques and was about to give my theories and then it was like a bolt of lightning hit me..."Just don't use". So unbelievably simple, but virtual rocket science at the same time. If MDMA is not a habit and you are concerned about testing positive for it, why not just abstain from MDMA? If you find that difficult then perhaps that is an area to look at.

^that wouldn't be the simplest solution, indeed :)

If only life was so straight forward...

After the first month or two, it's rare to get tested more than once a month in buprenorphine and methadone programs. That tends to only happen if there is a failed UA or the staff are suspicious about drug use. Generally such tests don't happen more than once a month, so if the OP is just concerned with randomly using MDMA once in a while at a concert, it's very possible that it won't be an issue if you're able to time using right.

This exact thing happened to me when I was on methadone though, and it did end up being an issue. I'll take take-homes over randomly using MDMA once in a while any day when I was on methadone.

That all said, methadone and buprenorphine tend to work much better when there are fewer drugs involved recreationally speaking. Not a hard and fast rule, but I noticed my progress really grow by leaps and bounds on methadone when methadone (well, and prescription stuff) was used all I took. Combining benzos and methadone is popular, but it can really hold one back in terms of personal growth. When dealing with certain conditions, like PTSD, benzos can be worthwhile, but generally speaking their use doesn't support progress in recovery unless the condition one is taking them to treat is extremely serious.

Sorry, kind of a tangent. It just blows my mind how much I stagnated when I took benzos and methadone together, things happened a lot faster (in better ways) when I cut out the benzo and other drug use.