• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Emergency room: addicts treated better than pain patients

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
My cousin who is on MMT for heroin use told me that her clinic has some arrangement or form she can bring to the ER that if she is in WD because let's say she's in a city without her clinic network...or some other legit reason...they will give her opiates in the ER to stop the WD.

Good luck if you have a shredded bowel and u shit out your belly button...or your spin is smashing your spinal cord from sever trauma and you are a legit chronic pain patient and the pharmacy didn't have enough stock for your script because of the bitch DEA.

Can anyone confirm this preferential treatment of MMT patients?

...not to mention MMT patients get high doses while pain patients get cutoff for no reason. It makes no sense to me.

Extremely ridiculous, sure. But MMT patients aren't to blame or their privilege to be taken away... no. What needs to happen is for the government to stop oppressing pain patients because somebody somewhere might, oh horror, feel good off opioids! 8) Such bullshit it makes me angry. Whatever happened to medicine's primary goal being to aid people?

I have chronic back pain that is pretty bad at times, and codeine helps immensely with that (paracetamol and NSAIDs don't). But I don't even consider going to the doc hoping to get opioids. The most I'd get in terms of painkillers is "try paracetamol".

It doesn't make sense. It's all bullshit. But rest assured we are all fucked over by this crazy horseshit. It's just how we are fucked that differs. But nobody should envy us.

It doesn't make sense. It's all bullshit. But rest assured we are all fucked over by this crazy horseshit. It's just how we are fucked that differs. But nobody should envy us.

Agreed, but it could change, right? Maybe it will within my lifetime.

Agreed, but it could change, right? Maybe it will within my lifetime.

It could. You never know. Things can change surprisingly quickly sometimes. Years of stalling and failure then a sudden rush of progress. It happens. It happens more often now than just about ever before. So who knows. Hope so.

It could. You never know. Things can change surprisingly quickly sometimes. Years of stalling and failure then a sudden rush of progress. It happens. It happens more often now than just about ever before. So who knows. Hope so.

Yep. Look at how cannabis legalization has taken off in the US, especially medicinal. Maybe Europe, where I live, will catch up, or perhaps even go beyond, and start legalizing other drugs as well.

One could hope.