• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5 days off Oxys. Tolerance same ?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
Took my last oxies Sunday. 80 mg in AM. 80 mg for lunch. Had some 10 mg Vicodin Tuesday and Wednesday. Kratom Monday. Kratom today. Two nights with RLS ~ wow that’s the worst dam symptom ever. No sleep. l literally got lucky and found an 80 mg oxy under my couch this afternoon . l split with my fiancé , had Kratom ~ Xanax ~ Clonidine in system prior because had no idea l would come across this, just a gut instinct told me to look. But l kind of felt something off of the 40 MG. l also feel pretty dam anxious and panicky (2 hours later). Not sure what’s happening. But should l not return to taking 80 mg? Is it bad will l OD? It’s been my dose for months. It couldn’t have shrank in such short time. Will have them in AM.

Thanks

i mean, its not like you had an opioid free 5 days, did you aaMizer? i doubt you're tolerance has dropped dramatically.
and even if you had, 5 days is a pretty short tolerance break - when i do (a voluntary) one i tend do two weeks minimum, ideally a month tho.

your panic symptoms are probably the result from over-thinking - remove yourself from the situation for a bit, take a walk or practice some deep-breathing exercises to calm down
and once you're present and centered then you will be in the right frame of mine to consider what to do.
basically, tl;dr - i'd read all this stuff below after you've calmed down a bit :)

now, you say you felt 40mgs - how much? are you satisfactorily high? if so, who needs the 80 right?
if not, and you're set on taking that pill don't take it alone - do you have anyone who could act as a tripsitter for you in case something goes awry?
remember , you have several downers in your system at the moment, which can get really dicey (for instance; my first serious OD was due to clonazolam and heroin! horrid experience)
do you have anyone uyou could trust for that? if so, do they know what to do in case of an OD? and do they have access to narcan?
let me know what you decide to do man and i'll stay here with you fr as long as i can. :)

I think in this scenario if you took a whole 80 you would probably get higher then usual but if you kept taking them after that your tolerance would very quickly rise back up to its previous level.

Tolerance will drop quickly if you go cold turkey but it seems you did a kind of an awkward taper. You were still tickling your opiate receptors so they aren't going to recover as fast as if you just stopped. Also even if it does quickly drop it'll just as quickly rise back up if you go back to your old ways.

Maybe don't go back to 80mg, it seems you'll just end up in this situation again if you do. Try 50-60mg first just to see if you can be satisfied with that, if you can stick to that dose then you you'll be in an overall better situation. Even if you end up increasing back up to 80mg just stick to 50-60 for a week. That way you'll have a little extra to cushion the withdrawals incase this happens again.

Can you take Kratom along with another agonist opiate such as oxy? I’m currently tapering using oxy and morphine ER to get off of blk tar H and when I get my dose really low I want to add Kratom to it, but I’m not sure if it has some bupe like properties where it blocks the receptor or not.
I live in Cali and it’s legal at the smoke shops here, but they only have maeng da.
Someone on the forums said that’s not the good one for opiate withdrawals but rather for stimulant type effects. So I was wondering what’s the best strain to take for opiate withdrawal remedy ? Also wanted to have the mixing Kratom with oxy question answered

Didn’t mean to steer off the conversation from the threads questions, but I thought my questions would relate and perhaps help him as well.