• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kava Kava trial that surprised me quite a bit (couldnt try it for a long time)

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
...because my country had banned it due to "liver damage concerns" back in 2000, which is when I discovered Erowid and tried my first street psychedelics (shrooms, L, MDA) and was just a young space cadet, but I read about it. When I saw it in the natural products area of my pharmacy, I was like, "wow, really?" and bought a bottle for the price of a 12 pack with 50 huge capsules with 75mg of kavalactone per gelcap. Bottle says to take 2 capsules and thats about it. I realized the extract in the gelcap was likely weak like the valerian capsules are, and I take 60mg of temazepam to sleep at night normally, 2x30mg capsules but I only had 1 left, didn't want to touch my GAD daytime only benzos, so as I read about it more and more. I ended up taking the 30mg temazepam capsule and an hour later when I wasn't sleeping yet, of course, i'm sure 45mg would be enough but i'd have to ask for taking 3 of the 15mg ones, not sure my doc would allow that.

So, I realize 75mg is a ridiculous amount of kavalactones as I read for a couple hours. Then so yeah, I went and took a n-acetyl-cysteine tablet to protect my liver and 20 mins after, I ate 9 of them, so 675mg of kavalactone. At first it didn't do much, I took half a zanaflex (so 2mg) and I got this euphoria going right after and it was amazing and then sometimes, lights out, I wake up way later than I usually do and I had the most natural-feeling sleep in years...benzos after a couple years kind of screw that up, not all of them, some more than others... But, it was so refreshing, I didn't believe it.

But then I read up and 675mg seems like a huge amount? Is it? Did the n-acetyl-cysteine (N-A-S) protect my liver enough so that I could take what could be considered a large dose of kava kava? I expect that it will not work tonight, like taking enough valerian extract one night can work but will def not work the following night.

Anybody with good experience with kava who can enlighten me is welcome to do so.