• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Out of the Lurking Shadows and into the (blue)Light -aka Hiiiii

PsychoPete666

Greenlighter
Hello all and good whatever part of the day it is in your location! :D I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to join up to try and get a little more involved in the community by adding to the harm reduction discussion and available information. I have been an avid researcher of many topics topics throughout my life including but not limited to Music(I write, play and teach music (semi)professionally), Chemistry and Psychology, especially regarding consciousness and human behavior. In the last 10 years or so my curiosity for the unknown mixed with my scientific mind, and maybe a sprinkle of compulsivity/lack of control here and there, has led me to explore the vast array of Altered States, both endogenous and exogenous. Through the years I have had many experiences on all manner of things, and have collected quite a few 'gems', or 'allies' as Shulgin and many others have referred to them. It is my wish to finally give back to a community which I have learned so much from since I first discovered Bluelight, as well as several other well known forums of similar but slightly different veins. My current circle IRL is not really into Research so I have few people to discuss things with except the wife and she gets tired of hearing me ramble about this shit, although I'm sure there's others around in the city I live (one of the bigger Texas Cities 8o). There was a point where most of my friends were into 'Molly' which was obviously not pure MDMA, and many people were open to trying the 2c-x series to mixed reviews.. However this was more of your typical drug (ab)using, lets get fucked up by taking whatever we can get into our heads mentality, which is wildly fun but certainly has its consequences. With some people more than others, which sadly can be damaging and fatal sometimes which I have experienced within said circle of friends. With that said I'm very interested in both Harm Reduction regarding all compounds as well as highly intrigued by novel items and their effects on consciousness. So, wishing everyone the best of health and safe researching with whatever it is y'all will be getting into this weekend.

Summary: I like making my head and body feel weird and see things and feel things(and almost certainly playing and creating music during the process), and have done so both cautiously and recklessly through many experiments. Whether this is for kicks or for spiritual enlightenment or self awareness, I cannot really tell but I speculate they are all connected and maybe one and the same...
And to include some context for my disposition towards substances here is my Magical Half-dozen=LSD, Mescaline, 2C-E, 2C-T-2, 5-meo-MiPT, and DMT. Then again Deems is kind of the gold standard for me to the point where it could be on a list of its own, and I certainly have the most experiences with it compared to anything else (of any psychoactive class) except for maybe Cannabis. I hope none of this is in violations of any rules, as I have no interest or need for sources or any easily researched information (search engines are a blessing).

Hey PsychoPete, great introduction and welcome to Bluelight from all of us here :)

That's a really interesting background you have. It sounds like you could make some really helpful contributions here too :)

Have you checked out the Psychedelic Drugs forum yet? Sounds like you may find it particularly interesting. There's also the Arts & Entertainment Forums if you want to get specific about some of your music interests. Either way, hope to see you posting around the forums some more.

All the best,
CFC