• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

3 Years of (Phenibut). I'm ready to get off w Baclofen. I'm terrified and need help!

Sorry for the delay, but what was it you wanted to know? Dose conversions?

I'm doing better now. I think the best route is to super slow wean with phenibut. I Could be wrong and could be better off jumping on to baclofin , i know 10mg = 1g phenibut. But I want to wait till i get down to the smallest amount of phenibut i can take without feeling anything. Hoping that is 10-50mg.

Phenibut is just so unpredictable. one week weaning is great next week its really hard/depressing even when doing the same schedule.

down to 280mg tomorrow. I see the light at then end of the tunnel at least.

just so worried baclofin having a shorter half life i'd have to keep redosing to keep withdrawals away.

Sounds like a slow taper is the better idea anyways. From what I remember, I couldn't agree more about phenibut being rather unpredictable in terms of effects. Thankfully I never cared for it enough to become dependent, but I did experience a sort of hangover from hell - my theory is actually that I may have OD'd a little...

I always imagine that would be a tough habit to deal with, despite it's low cost and legality. Then again, there is always alcohol, how could I forget?

BRAVO for figuring all this out, of doing what you know you need to do to get where you want to be! Sounds good to me.

Phenibut is very unpredictable during a wean.

I'm down to 280 mg today without any issues thus far the past week. However I did notice over the couple months i've been weaning phenibut would take me through very depressive and anxiety days even when keeping my dose normal. I think while weaning down there are a couple barriers you gotta get through but it's worth it because cold turkey is NASTY. If you've come down from 2g+ to nothing after months or years you're in for what IMO is worse than opiate/benzo withdrawal and I've kicked both.

I sleep 8 hours now with no problem at 280mg. I'm gonna try 150 tomorrow and see if it feels the same. If it does thank you Jesus I think I am out of the worst with this stuff.

Phenibut is not worth it. You must have serious respect for this stuff. (Phenibut changed who I was as a person, socially sometimes for the better, but it wasn't who I really was.)

Get FAA or use baking soda to kill the Acid in your phenibut. My 2-4g days ate holes in my stomach, bateria got in them and caused serious ulcers and taking more phenibut made it worse when using HCL version. Beware guys. This stuff is serious business and you should be fully educated before using it. I was not but I ignored any words of advice anyways at the start, I'm an addict. But I've grown and Now I'm getting near 3 years clean from opiates/benzos and am almost fully off phenibut. If you have the willpower and desire to get better and clean you can do it. It will not be easy but you can do it if I've gotten this far.

Last edited:
Keep up the exercising. I've kicked many different drugs, mostly Benzos and opiates, and exercise is key for many reasons. It is part of the holy trinity: exercise-diet-sleep, both for keeping you feeling good hour to hour and day to day, but will also help heal your brain and bring it back to sober homeostasis after that cycle has been ruined by adding exogenous drugs.

Also baclofen 10mg is almost nothing. Start low of course, but I would bet you end up taking more like 20-40mg 2-3x/day (depending on how bad your withdrawals and PAWS are) start with 10-20mg and see how you feel. I would also strongly recommend gabapentin. It is GABA-A like Benzos, not GABA-B like baclofen or phenibut, however I find it helps immensely with sleep and anxiety. I was also addicted to benzos and nervous about taking it but it works out fine for me. Some may disagree but I find 300-900mg a day is a low enough dose to help a lot without having much potential for abuse or significant withdrawals. I take 300mg every night and occasionally another 300 if needed. It is very subtle, which for us with addictive potential is perfect. It is prescription but relatively easy to get. If you only take it at low doses and only for a few weeks-months the risk of withdrawals is almost nothing. Once after being on 300-600mg for about 5 months I was out for 72 hours and barely even noticed.

Good luck. GABA related withdrawals are absolute hell. Take a multivitamin daily, exercise daily, and keep a schedule for everything, sleep especially. Eat at the same times, exercise at the same times, but most importantly sleep at the same time. Give yourself the same 10-12 hour window to get 9-10 hours every night. If you can't sleep, don't use electronics, either read, do sedentary chores/work etc. Try not to nap.

Personally I think all drugs should be fully legal... but if I had to outlaw a few phenibut would be one of them. It's effects are so minimal but the withdrawals are one of the worst. Just doesn't seem worth it. Compared to opiates with an overwhelming euphoria, it pales in comparison, yet the withdrawals can be just as bad, if not worse. There really needs to be widespread info on this shit, which is why I am a huge advocate for harm reduction teaching being in every high school.

Last edited:
Keep up the exercising. I've kicked many different drugs, mostly Benzos and opiates, and exercise is key for many reasons. It is part of the holy trinity: exercise-diet-sleep, both for keeping you feeling good hour to hour and day to day, but will also help heal your brain and bring it back to sober homeostasis after that cycle has been ruined by adding exogenous drugs.

Also baclofen 10mg is almost nothing. Start low of course, but I would bet you end up taking more like 20-40mg 2-3x/day (depending on how bad your withdrawals and PAWS are) start with 10-20mg and see how you feel. I would also strongly recommend gabapentin. It is GABA-A like Benzos, not GABA-B like baclofen or phenibut, however I find it helps immensely with sleep and anxiety. I was also addicted to benzos and nervous about taking it but it works out fine for me. Some may disagree but I find 300-900mg a day is a low enough dose to help a lot without having much potential for abuse or significant withdrawals. I take 300mg every night and occasionally another 300 if needed. It is very subtle, which for us with addictive potential is perfect. It is prescription but relatively easy to get. If you only take it at low doses and only for a few weeks-months the risk of withdrawals is almost nothing. Once after being on 300-600mg for about 5 months I was out for 72 hours and barely even noticed.

Good luck. GABA related withdrawals are absolute hell. Take a multivitamin daily, exercise daily, and keep a schedule for everything, sleep especially. Eat at the same times, exercise at the same times, but most importantly sleep at the same time. Give yourself the same 10-12 hour window to get 9-10 hours every night. If you can't sleep, don't use electronics, either read, do sedentary chores/work etc. Try not to nap.

Personally I think all drugs should be fully legal... but if I had to outlaw a few phenibut would be one of them. It's effects are so minimal but the withdrawals are one of the worst. Just doesn't seem worth it. Compared to opiates with an overwhelming euphoria, it pales in comparison, yet the withdrawals can be just as bad, if not worse. There really needs to be widespread info on this shit, which is why I am a huge advocate for harm reduction teaching being in every high school.

The only reason for the baclofin is the PAWS. But I'm at 240mg today and my only side effects are a tad bit of anxiety every now and then and some sad thoughts. But I try to stay positive, exercise, and i'm eating very healthy. I don't ever want to take GABA drugs everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr again. So I'm willing to take a month to even get down off 240mg if it means I can painlessly just one day stop at 10-5mg.

I've never read anyone doing this. But I have noticed the longer I wean and slower, the more the lower doses effect me (positively) like my tolerance is coming back weaning so slow.

That is great and all but I just AM SO FREAKING TIRED OF WAKING UP HAVING TO TAKE PHENIBUT! I mean what if I want to travel out of the country? what if something becomes out of my control and I can't get to my phenibut in the morning. I'd be screwed.

So tired of living that way its not even funny. This will be my victory over it and I'll never return.

Hey man, 250mg is great progress! You're down to such a low dose. At this point it's the psychological factors which are probably stronger than the physiological ones.

You've done so well to get to where you are, keep at it! Take it slow if you have to but remember you're through the hardest physical part.

so I took 200mg yesterday.

took no phenibut today, and 10mg of baclofin.

Been over 36 hours since my phenibut dose and i feel fine. Seeing now how long it takes till I need another dose of baclofin. I'm hoping never, wouldn't that be awesome haha. I am going to test 5mg tonight and see if I sleep a full 8 hours. If i do I'll stick to 5mg and then I should be done super quick.

Marijuana has helped big time at the end of the wean. Check when I started this thread, and I was already down to 1.4g when I did from a 2-4g habit. Phenibut is no joke. Respect it. This wean is 3 months long and I am just now at the very end. Rough ride but I feel really healthy now. Phenibut was getting to where it was like poison in my blood in 2g+ doses. And my weird chest pains are going away, also nerv pain getting off it.

It's been 12 hours since i took 10mg baclofin. I feel great.

I can vape some very high THC vape carts and not even get a bad thought or panic/fear attack. I am so very pleased. Thank you jesus this was a difficult road some of the way. phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If i go to sleep and wake up and it's almost 24 hours since a baclofin. I've defeated the beast and need nothing...

looks like the slow slow wean is the way to go. was not easy by any means but i didn't even need to take the bac for more than 24 hours when i stopped. But 200~mg is where it ended. 3 months of weaning from 2g from a 2-4g habit for 3 years.

Still off phenibut. Baclofin I take every now and then when I feel like I have anxiety. I think phenibut really damaged my gaba. I still am feeling side effects w my nerves :/

Congratulations warfore!!!! This will be a good thread to add to our directory. Super fucking big kudos for making outstanding progress! <3

Congratulations warfore!!!! This will be a good thread to add to our directory. Super fucking big kudos for making outstanding progress! <3

Thanks!

I cannot stress enough to people that phenibut is nasty to use long term. Also stay away from HCL phenibut. It will burn holes in ur guts. It was easier and less painful getting off heroin.

Wow!!!
Way to go man!!
I love success stories like yours.
I have thought a lot about trying phenibut to help me but with my addictive personality it would probably be a bad idea.
Congrats on being free. I long to be where you are.

Wow!!!
Way to go man!!
I love success stories like yours.
I have thought a lot about trying phenibut to help me but with my addictive personality it would probably be a bad idea.
Congrats on being free. I long to be where you are.

Thank you. As a person with an addictive personality also, YES stay away from phenibut if you're the same. It will be like the devil telling you this "hey bro, i'll give you this powder, it will fix most of all your anxiety, stress, and social issues. But the thing is when you don't have it a day later you will suffer for weeks"

If you're the type who can have a bottle of xanax from the doctor and only use it for when you have a panic. You should be able to use phenibut responsibly.

The worst part of phenibut for new people using it that have addictive personalities is that you get a phenibut hangover the next day that also gives u heightened anxiety. This makes you want to re-dose the next day, right off the bat putting you in a bad cycle.

Stuff is not worth it.

Anyone reading this feel free to message me if you're having a hard time getting off and need advice.

It will be like the devil telling you this "hey bro, i'll give you this powder, it will fix most of all your anxiety, stress, and social issues. But the thing is when you don't have it a day later you will suffer for weeks"

akin to pass the arsenic devil brah ;)

I'm glad phenibut kicked my ass during my short foray with the stuff. Not very user friendly without a good scale or pressed pills. And in any case, way better drugs out there. And for folks in my situation way safer drugs out there too.

3 Years of (Phenibut). I'm ready to get off w Baclofen. (Successfully Done)

Hey guys.

Well I've been on phenibut about 3 years now. I was introduced to it in a halfway after rehab and it really got me through a lot, made my life easier after from 24-30 going from oxy to heroin/crack then rehab. I really thought I had my life back in order and I was free until I tried to stop the phenibut. First time I ran out day 2 I was laying in my bed with the spins, I swear I heard full on symphony even violins playing, Fear, horrible primal fear and I never let myself run out again. IMO it is worse than opiate withdrawal because of the mental torture and the fact its a constant panic attack for days.

This last time where I experimented cutting my dose I felt so depressed like I never have in my life, I laid in bed at night and my fear was so high and anxiety all I could do was think about all the bad things I've done and how god wouldn't accept my soul. I mean its like someone was leaking these thoughts in my head I've never thought them before. I can't explain to anyone that hasn't gone through phenibut w/d how deep and sad the depression gets if you've been on it a long time and you don't have it. Along with a million on crazy thoughts and depression like that trying to get off this I just have had enough. This stuff is now a problem. I get nerv pain too now from this stuff I've been on it so long.

I have such a fear of the withdrawal I'm even scared to take this baclofen. The fear comes in stopping the phenibut.

I've gotten down to 1.5g a day where I can still be in a good mood but now I've got 60 x 10mg baclofen because I know it will act the same way as the phenibut.

I just need someone to help me with how I should approach this from where I am now. I am tired of having to wake up and take phenibut to avoid feeling sick. I am tired of having a substance control my life. After all the drugs I've defeated I want this to be the last one I have to fight out of my system.

Please if you can help me with how I should start from where I am now at 1.5g and 60 x 10mg baclofens to get off the phenibut. Now that I think about it I'd rather kick my old IV heroin/fent habit again than go through phenibut withdrawal at this point.

Don't do phenibut if you have an addictive personality. It will win.

I want to have a good Christmas with my family without the false feelings phenibut gives me.

Thank you everyone!
You can cut back the phenibut dose by 50% usually without any bad effects and as for baclofen ~10 mg of baclofen to 1 g phenibut used daily that is how I did it and I read up a lot on it before I attempted to myself. Wasn’t bad to be honest anything else just ask

Hello, i had a big, life threatening withdrawal from Gaba-B AND Gaba-A Agonist abuse (extremly high doses of valium 120mg a day, 2x 12-16g of phenibut and around 30 ml gbl every day) i couldnt even taper down, they strongly adviced me to keep levels til im in the hospital. Fell into coma there when the seizures started. Dont know how they did it but after 10 days on distraneurin the delirium became too crazy, got sent home with oxcarbamazepin for the next 8 months. It took me a long time but in Gaba terms all tolerances went to normal or even below that again. I did suffer huge panic attacks for another 18 months but respectivly how much i had fucked up, im super convinced its absolutely possible to feel normal in a near future if tapering down carefully and getting help by friends or family if thats possible for you.

Btw. i had an extremly enlargened liver and it recovered in its size completely (shrink down to normal from 5cm diameters too big within a bit less than 2 years. Unfortunately im still addicted to speed and smoking weed (stoped smoking once again 3 weeks ago, now the pressure doing speed is crazy more), but im faithful ill set those checkmate too in the coming years. Its definitely possible.