• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

16mg of xanax in 2 days

Blacking out and doing something incredibly stupid is pretty common for high doses of Xanax. It's extremely hard to judge how fucked up you are on Xanax and in my experience you'll have basically no awareness of how fucked up you are leading to very bizarre and irresponsible behavior and possibly taking more Xanax, alcohol, or other drugs.

Tell your friend not to take such huge doses less he likes waking up with no memory of the previous day and possibly in a jail cell.

Really depends on your friends tolerance i once took 3mg and blacked out while sitting upright while on my phone, for some reason these days i got a high tolerance to benzos i can take 6mg and go out drinking and be in full control but highly dont recommend that as ive read some horror storys....

Is it his first time? Because this really makes a difference. Ive used/abused benzos for years and if i took 16mg I would be fine but for someone with no tolerance that is an extremely high dosage and a definite blackout.

If he's already taken it and is no longer on it then OK but if he's willing to get that fucked up he has a very high chance of getting addicted. He's also fucked up his tolerance.

16mg (or rather 8mg in one day) of Xanax is really not that high of a dose relatively, as long as you don't do anything stupid like mix it with a lot of alcohol. How long ago did you take it? If it's been several hours and you haven't had any particularly nasty effects yet, you're not likely to get any. You might feel a bit shitty later on or tomorrow morning, but that'll wear off much like a hangover.

Blacking out and doing something incredibly stupid is pretty common for high doses of Xanax. It's extremely hard to judge how fucked up you are on Xanax and in my experience you'll have basically no awareness of how fucked up you are leading to very bizarre and irresponsible behavior and possibly taking more Xanax, alcohol, or other drugs.

Tell your friend not to take such huge doses less he likes waking up with no memory of the previous day and possibly in a jail cell.

Truth. Benzodiazepines are fairly safe, provided you don't start piling other substances on top. The biggest issue that I feel kids run into with Benzodiazepines, is, as Falsified said, doing very stupid, dangerous and/or life-changing things while under the influence of Benzodiazepines. In my hometown there was a kid at my high school who was a "good kid", on the football team and all that jazz. Well, he took Alprazolam (Xanax) for, allegedly, the first time and ended up killing 3 occupants in his car and seriously injuring himself. I highly doubt the kid would've gotten behind the wheel had his voice of reason been present.

I've done incredibly stupid things on Benzodiazepines, like a lot of us have. Even if Benzodiazepines are relatively non-toxic, there is still an immediate danger of blacking out and secondarily doing something quite serious.

paradoxical anger, lashing out, is a real problem for some users (myself included) of benzos.
you could really hurt yourself or someone else and have no idea why or not remember the event at all.

oh, and death. Lil Peep died today of an OD involving Xanax.