• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ibogaine and ECG (or EKG)

i are spectre

Bluelighter
Hi there, so I was thinking of doing the ibogaine flood dose. I've thought about it for years and just kind of ran across it.

Anyway, it's pretty common for people to get an electrocardiogram prior to the experience. I went to a local health clinic and they want hundreds of dollars.

So what's a good way to get a cheap ECG for a guy with no health insurance?

What a shame to get plugged up for a few minutes to get your heart checked is hundreds of dollars.

Funny, I live in Australia so if I go to a hospital I don't pay anything. And in my experience, having gone to hospital several times, they'll do an ECG for almost anything. Ive had it done several times. Like setting up an IV line "oh well the doctor might want it later".

Right. Anyyyway. Way I see it you have three choices.

You could pay it, or you could see if there's some way you could con the health system into doing it for free or cheaper if that's practical.

Or, if you're reasonably intelligent and have a moderate amount of electrical know how, or know anyone who does, I'm fairly sure it's not actually all that infeasable to build something to get some ECG info. The principle involved is pretty simple, and most of the cost of the actual device comes because there's lots of regulations for medical devices and so forth.

It won't be as detailed and accurate, and you'd still need to know how to interpret it. But then, interpreting it is probably what a lot of that $100 is going to anyway.