• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Sertraline,gapabentinm and various vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
It seems to be general knowlegde that medicatons (specifiaclly in to anti-depressants), perhaps, maybe eve to a sever degree, deplete important nimerals and vitamins. (Google has poduce an exhaustive and daunting list.)

I am hereby seeking firsthand accouts...

I gave been on gabapentin for about 11 years, and am still taking it currenlty (now at only 600mg per diem* after a longish taper). i started sertraline (100mg perdiem) recently to reduce my appetite for more "street" pils and RCs of various stimulates from the poular online catalogs. That period of my life of elicit enterpises has past now. (Yes I know already that these two meds in adjunct compound sedation frequenly.)
Reducing dose will probably not will enter into my resolution-seeking for thid dilemma.)

So query is this: I am aware that gabapentin depetes magnesium levels, therefore I have an arsenal of magnesium glycinate. However I have found that sertraline depletes a host of vitamins, including primarily B12. This may accunt for the fatigue I experiene (off/on) with the drugs (during periods of therir full swing of action.) If anyone in the Mental Health readership of BL is eqipped to elaborate on which vitamin supplents I should try, please come forward with any whim and it woul much appreciated. I am holping to minimze fatigue and sleep urges. (reducing the gabapenin is not in option, unfortunately.)

Zoloft is an odd drug: fluity of though doupled with sedation is it the paradox at play here (one that I welcome), and very, very subtle tinges of MDMA experiences that I have had, (and no, molly-poppers out there, don't get excited and loot you famly's med chest.)

*For those of you in wonder, 600mg per day is a very low dose for this particular drug.

------>I thought I might add, Zoloft is quite a good med for depression. Negative inrusions are processed in a faster way, although the "pain" of anxiety is still present but feels different in you you spine/nerves and dissipate sat a reasonable rate.