Should we have an ethnobotanical focus forum?

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
I'm still a lowly greenlighter and cannot post a poll, I'd appreciate if a mod could add one to the thread if they feel it deserves it and/or belongs outside of BDD.

More and more people are turning to the ethnobotanical realm to combat severe pain given the current state of affairs as far as painkillers go in the U.S., myself included. I know there are other forums out there specific to natural substances, but none come even close to the user base of BL. I really feel a single forum is far preferable to searching through all the other forums, pubmed, and wherever else for needed information. Anyone agree? Should we have an ethnobotanical focus forum??

No, I don't think we should (and we won't). We have enough forums as it is, and this is very much covered by other forums. It's not as if there are that many psychoactive plants getting a lot of discussion. The psychedelic ones go in PD, the few opiod & stimulant ones probably go here/in OD, and I'm not really sure there is very much left beyond that. I can only think of kratom off the top of my head which ever really gets discussed. Which others would?

There are a number of other sites that focus discussion on botanicals anyway.

I would say that Bluelight doesn't get enough of these topics to warrant creating a new sub-forum, but I'd definitely like to see more discussion on planty substances. :)

Would LAVA be a good forum to host plant based stuff or maybe drug culture? Theres regional drug forums too which would work as different climates etc .

NADD is American and for drug discussion, why not start thread there and see how it goes?

No, I don't think we should (and we won't). We have enough forums as it is, and this is very much covered by other forums. It's not as if there are that many psychoactive plants getting a lot of discussion. The psychedelic ones go in PD, the few opiod & stimulant ones probably go here/in OD, and I'm not really sure there is very much left beyond that. I can only think of kratom off the top of my head which ever really gets discussed. Which others would?

No offense taken.
No worries
There are quite a few sages with marked, consistent effects with S. Nemororsa being a useful painkiller. Russian Sage has a ton of potential, though there's still debate about it's toxicity. A simple EtOH extract of the flowers produces a wonderful euphoriant with mild visuals, even tastes better than any other botanical or preparations.