• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Toxicology database for drugs? Cymbalta?

Legally High

Bluelighter
I’d like to know how toxic the drugs are for my body specifictly antidepressants I take every day. I wanted to take cymbalta but the liver damage reports scared me away.

i took duloxetine (generic cymbalta) for a few months and would say that its actually one of the better anti-d's i've taken (numerous).
my liver is pretty good too, hard working, but good.
but yes, anti-d's can have drastic consequences, my great-grand mother was disabled after a stroke from Nardil - what are your reasons for looking into duloxetine Legally High?

I currently take Prozac 80 celexa 20 and lamictal 300. So I figured it may be just as bad being on the two ssris for all I know. And thanks for the link I'll check into it!

I currently take Prozac 80 celexa 20 and lamictal 300. So I figured it may be just as bad being on the two ssris for all I know. And thanks for the link I'll check into it!

oh for real? two ssri's? forgive my ignorance but isn't that a little overkill?
i think my pupils would be like dinner plates if i was on citalopram and fluoxetine D:

Haha yea it probably is but neither one alone was doing the trick, they are always hugh yes I get a lot of comments about them, except for the past few weeks I’ve been on kratom which has kept them constricted while I’m on it

i took duloxetine (generic cymbalta) for a few months and would say that its actually one of the better anti-d's i've taken (numerous).
my liver is pretty good too, hard working, but good.
but yes, anti-d's can have drastic consequences, my great-grand mother was disabled after a stroke from Nardil - what are your reasons for looking into duloxetine Legally High?

I really agree with this. I've been on a lot of antidepressants and seen a lot of people try a lot of antidepressants. And I definitely think cymbalta is one of the best going around. Obviously everyone's different and antidepressants suffer from enormous variability. But on the whole, I've seen it work a lot more often for longer for more people more effectively. I was on it a long time.

^ would you mind telling us if your liver function was ever compromised by duloxetine please Jess?
you were on it, i assume, for longer than i and would be helpful for LEgally High to make a decision.

Can you take Cymbalta and experience the same high or euphoria from any other drug? Like Coke, Meth, Heroin,...? Or is the euphoria not as strong anymore while taking cymbalta and using one of those three drugs at the same time?

^ would you mind telling us if your liver function was ever compromised by duloxetine please Jess?
you were on it, i assume, for longer than i and would be helpful for LEgally High to make a decision.

No it wasn't. I was on it for several years and got periodic blood tests done. My liver function was always fine.

Well, until I got hep c. But that was around the time I got off cymbalta. Been off it about a year now. I still suffer from depression, but it's no worse than it was when I was on cymbalta. And it's still way way better than back when I was suicidal and I was first put on cymbalta.

I was taken off lexapro and put on duloxetine back in early 2011 when I tried to kill myself. There are lots of things that contributed to helping my depression, but I do believe that duloxetine helped. Not to an extreme extent, but a lot more than any other anti depressant is been in. Lexapro and Remeron are the two I remember but there might have been another.

It didn't stop me getting depressed but I felt like it kept me from getting suicidally depressed when I'd start to feel down. Like that it put an upper limit on how depressed I could get. Up to that limit I could still get depressed, but I wouldn't suffer from it falling into major suicidal depression anymore. So I do think it helped me. A lot more than any other antidepressant I'd tried.

I was on it for several years, my depression had gotten a lot better after my suicide attempt once I was put on cymbalta. The cymbalta played a part but there was a lot more to my getting better than just that. But anyway, I got a lot better so I got off cymbalta a year ago. And I stand by that decision. I don't feel any worse for having gotten off it. I do still get depressed, but no more so than back when I was on it.

I've seen it help to a fairly noticeable extent in other people I love who suffered from major depression where other antidepressants had failed. So I think it's pretty effective on the whole. I don't have a particularly large sample size, but I haven't seen it cause any liver problems either. I know it is a documented side effect but I've never seen it happen. But none of those people had an existing liver problem either. Now that I have Hep C it might be different if I'd tried it again now.

Hope any of that info is of any use.

Can you take Cymbalta and experience the same high or euphoria from any other drug? Like Coke, Meth, Heroin,...? Or is the euphoria not as strong anymore while taking cymbalta and using one of those three drugs at the same time?

Apart from MDMA which is well known to not work right in people who are taking SSRIs or SNRIs, I doubt it would make much difference.

I dunno about coke but I'd used meth and heroin lots of times when I was on cymbalta and I never noticed a difference.