Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MAPB/90mg) - First Experience - Mind Blown

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I'd like to share this experience as it was my first time with 5-MAPB and also my highest dosage (of the good stuff, there was lots of crap 5-MAPB going around back then that you could easily take a few .1g of and not feel much.) Since this experience I've had many encounters with 5-MAPB and love it dearly as an admixture with MDMA and LSD.

So my curiosity for 5-MAPB began after reading the glowing reports circulating in both erowid as well as bluelight. I read over the big thread a few times before finally getting up the courage to order some from China. Take note I'm wary of RC's only having tried a select few I deemed worthy after investigation, but something about this one called to me and I'm glad I listened.

It arrived and I was planning on taking it a week later. My brother being impatient wanted to try it that night so he and his girl took 90mg. He had lost the magic long ago but said that night was like getting a second chance at a first time experience, he was shocked at how amazing it was with zero comedown. This only got me even giddier..

Week goes by and the night arrives. I weigh out 90mg and split it into two doses. I remember reading people on here saying 150mg was nothing and I'm thankful I didn't listen to those people because I wasn't fully prepared for what was to come.

We head to a show of one of my favorite artists. The place is pretty empty that night so lots of room to dance and mingle. Upon driving there I pop 45mg and the taste is bitter yet almost citrus-y. Very weird taste but tasted like an empathogen haha.

As we arrive I'm already feeling alerts but it seems to be starting off weird, everything has a trippy look and my communication skills plummet. I can hardly hold a conversation and feel awkward while yawning a lot. By 1hr I could start to feel the trippiness and lack of verbal fluency fading and this immense euphoria and empathy welling inside me. I excitedly took the other 45mg which for a short while threw me back into the comeup weirdness but the first dose was already kicking and I was rolling balls even on the 45mg.

Some girls came up to me that have seen me before and because of my state asked me what I had taken. I couldn't really say much, just that I had tried a new empathogen and I'm coming up so hard I couldn't talk. They talked me out of two capsules then we walked back in.

As I walked back in the second dose came into full bloom. This was 2hrs after initially dosing, a long but powerful comeup to an experience I haven't had in a long long time. Everything and everyone was perfect. I walked in like I owned the place. Time from here out had no meaning, at this moment I could have died and all woulda been right in the world.

I start throwing some moves like a god in human form (made my dancing on MDMA look like a joke to be fair). My movements felt so precise, so fluid, no effort it was just happening. That night where people just look at you and know "that guy is on cloud 9." People were giving me hugs left and right, and I definitely felt as if I was exuding more than enough energy for everyone else to vibe off of. (You know when you going hard and everyone else around you loosens up a bit more and gets down even harder themselves, people walking by start dancing as they go by... That type of night.)

It felt so close to MDMA yet different. Definitely closer to it than MDA but instead of waves it felt steady the whole experience, I never had those moments of thinking "is it over already??" only to be thrown back in again. Just a nice constant.

At one point I got into such a deep conversation with someone I actually embarrassed myself which I've never done on MDMA, Mda maybe but not MDMA. The 6hrs we were there felt like two and before long it felt like the show was wrapping up. Normally on MDMA I'd be at that point where I'm still glowing/buzzing a bit but mainly ready to go home and chill. Not this night, I was game to keep going til the sun rose. Unfortunately it wasn't the night for it so me and my brother went home and I chatted his ear off telling him how much he means to me til I could tell he was tired. I couldn't finally fall asleep til 4-5am and took the first dose at 8pm. I woke up in good spirits and still felt the effects.

As with any empathogenic experience it's hard to fully express just how powerful it can be but this left me with a healthy respect for the drug. I've since tried it at 80mg and many times at dosages 20-30mg often in combo with MDMA. The combo is the best of both worlds truly. I can take 20-30mg and have noticeable and satisfying effects (it's not like MDMA where taking low doses does next to nothing the dose response seems linear.)

This experience was over 3yrs ago and I still use the peebs as a tool right along with other classics. I haven't noticed any decreased capacity for endurance/cardio exercise, but I also know that isn't the best indicator for heart trouble. My first two experiences I noticed heart arrhythmia right after which I rarely get. I figure small doses a few times a year won't be too troublesome though.

It makes me sad this substance got abused and never took off. I've honestly watched it change lives, it seems a 5-MAPB experience can help focus some individuals.

-GC

substancecode_5mapb
substancecode_empathogens
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. I've used 5-MAPB a chunk of times (I bought 2 grams once and went through it all with minor sharing). I found to be quite good as a recreational drug, it really had a pretty classic rolly feeling, moreso than the other APBs I've tried (which are only 6-APB and 6-APDB). I've had some great times on it, it makes me want to talk more than 6-APB/6-APDB for sure. I actually found it to be less trippy than 6-APB or MDMA though, it was really a quite euphoric, functional rolly thing for me.

My pleasure :) xorkoth did you get it not long after it came out I feel like I remember you posting in that big 5-MAPB thread although I could be mistaken.

Yea I'd say it definitely lacks trippiness for me too, excluding the comeup... For some reason on the comeup my vision goes whack and I fumble on my words but that slowly fades into the exact opposite of clear vision and very fluent.

Always wanted to try 6-apb and by the sounds of it I probably still could. An MDA style experience lacking in any comedown sounds like one hell of a drug to me, plus that duration.

I bought like 10g or so of the good quality 5-mapb and then MUCH more from another vendor both like 3yrs ago. I shared like crazy with the good stuff til it got down to 2g now I hoard it. The other batch was basically garbage, it wreaked like a mix between safrole and vanilla and was brown instead of white, for gods sakes there was a piece of rubber tubing mixed in to give you any idea on lab conditions... No matter what dosage I took of the crappy product it never got anywhere near what even 30mg of the good batch could. I tried purifying it which helped to a degree but something was still missing. Most of that stuff just got thrown away.

While this substance is good recreationally it also has therapeutic effects as well similar to MDMA. My 80mg dose was used as a "last night together" type of thing with my then ex (now fiancée) and it really did make the pain more tolerable and understandable, we talked through a lot of painful topics, although now we're back together and stronger than before so..

I just love this stuff haha. While I still think it's far from perfect it gives me hope there could be some even better empathogen out there waiting to be found.

-GC

Always wanted to try 6-apb and by the sounds of it I probably still could. An MDA style experience lacking in any comedown sounds like one hell of a drug to me, plus that duration.

I have found 6-apb to have significant negative side effects. Almost every time I do it I end up feeling like I got hit by an 18 wheeler truck the following week.

Yeah it has a comedown for sure. I usually get a minor but persistant headache in the tail end, which is no big deal... mostly I feel really drained the next day. I'm talking about 6-APB, 5-MAPB on the other hand is pretty light on the body if you use it once in a while.

Ah I see.. That's too bad I always was under the impression it wasn't bad in that regard. 5-MAPB used to give me a headache towards the end too once in awhile until I discovered that simply consuming a little vitamin C took care of it oddly enough. On the night of this first experience it didn't though. Well I'm still curious about it hah.

-GC

I don't get a bad comedown from 6 APB. But I take 1oo to 125 mg amd only roll a few times a year