• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sublingual methylphenidate sandoz

lennnox

Greenlighter
Ok, so I have this 18mg "methylphenidate sandoz" which is a slow release (you know take it in the morning yada yada).
And since it's a slow release will it be more effective taking it sublingually? And should I remove the coating or is it true there's a lot of the active stuff in the coating? I've provided a pic of the pill:

LT3VTFS4

If it's a controlled-release product, it's going to be more difficult than your average situation to use this pill sublingually. Controlled-release Methylphenidate products have been known historically to be hard to convert/beat into an instant release form. You are better off just using the drug orally.

Now, if you have proper information regarding how to beat the time release on your pills, than I would say do not choose the sublingual route. Use any other route aside from injection prior to sublingual. I would definitely recommend rectal administration over sublingual. You get a definitive boost in bioavailability by the rectal route with Methlyphenidate. I don't have the information in front of me, but I would say that it's a 3x boost in potency over oral.

This really cannot turn into a "how do I get higher and higher" thread, so please stay away from posting in that context if you can at all resist it. I'd like to keep this open.

If it's a controlled-release product, it's going to be more difficult than your average situation to use this pill sublingually. Controlled-release Methylphenidate products have been known historically to be hard to convert/beat into an instant release form. You are better off just using the drug orally.

Now, if you have proper information regarding how to beat the time release on your pills, than I would say do not choose the sublingual route. Use any other route aside from injection prior to sublingual. I would definitely recommend rectal administration over sublingual. You get a definitive boost in bioavailability by the rectal route with Methlyphenidate. I don't have the information in front of me, but I would say that it's a 3x boost in potency over oral.

This really cannot turn into a "how do I get higher and higher" thread, so please stay away from posting in that context if you can at all resist it. I'd like to keep this open.

Thank you!

No problem. If you need more information regarding how to administer these things or the process itself, feel free to post here or to send me a private message and I'd be happy to help.