• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any thoughts on phenylpiracetam?

Thou

Bluelighter
For those that indulge in nootropics I'm curious at the consensus on phenylpiracetam. Aniracetam is another possibility.

Treating adhd-pi treatment resistent stimulants work but are euphoric and distracting, and in some cases depletes crucial neuroreceptors. I don't like speed, but it works. 3fpm sounds promising.

3-fpm is about as close to speed as you can get IME.

Nootropics i've never had much benefit from, personally.

Oddly enough, the people selling them seem to notice a range of life-changing benefits, but personally i never got much from even the most raved-about and supposedly "strong" nootropics (such as oxiracetam, aniracetam and noopept) never did much for me in terms of discernable cognitive enhancement. I've never tried phenylpiracetam though...
Ymmv of course.

Oddly enough, the people selling them seem to notice a range of life-changing benefits, but personally i never got much from even the most raved-about and supposedly "strong" nootropics (such as oxiracetam, aniracetam and noopept) never did much for me in terms of discernable cognitive enhancement. I've never tried phenylpiracetam though...
Ymmv of course.

Haha, very well noted. I've used a range of nootropics, including phenylpiracetam, but unfortunately I used it last year during an extended benzo powder binge/blackout, and I remember very little. I used to use some pretty heavy stacks to counter the effects of the cognitive limiting effects of the benzos, which seemed effective.

I've used a lot of piracetam, and the main thing I noticed were long term effects in the reduction of my (at the time) significantly out of control anxiety levels. With regard to general awareness enhancement, the best results I had were with piracetam when I first started experimenting with it in 2006~.

I have the same kind of ADHD as you BTW, and was diagnosed earlier this year.

Phenylpiracetam to me is an obviously dopaminergic stimulant, and the only racetam with effects that are not "subtle" (ie, borderline, if not entirely, placebo). I'd say it's actually comparable to modafinil in some ways, although it is shorter lasting, and the stimulation is more "forced", with peripheral effects such as increased heart rate, sweating, body temperature, etc, rather than modafinil's quite clean stimulation. Tolerance increases very rapidly also, you would not be able to use this every day... although if you did choose to, in my experience, the usual crash that would occur with rapid discontinuation of a stimulant does not generally happen with Phenylpiracetam.

I have pretty mixed feelings about the other racetams, I don't believe them to be entirely placebo and there was a time when I first started using them that I thought they were basically miracle substances, but since then I've never been able to replicate my earlier good experiences.

Aniracetam for me was not really nootropic in the sense that it made me smarter, but at one point in my life it did significantly reduce social anxiety, but was very short lasting (only 2-3 hours) which meant frequent redosing was needed. Also in my experience after taking Aniracetam consistently for a few days, it seriously disrupted my sleep, I could get to sleep OK but would wake up after a few hours, then after maybe 4-5 hours of bad, interrupted sleep I just could not sleep anymore and was paradoxically both very awake but also sleep deprived... a few days of this and any nootropic benefits were unnoticeable compared to the effects of sleep deprivation. Piracetam did this to me too, but Aniracetam was especially bad for it.

Tried 4 different racetams, not one was worthwhile. Is phenylpiracetam an exception? Can you compare to any Amphetamine like stimulant? And does it show up as a false positive for Amphetamine? Don’t think so, but you never know.

Tried 4 different racetams, not one was worthwhile. Is phenylpiracetam an exception? Can you compare to any Amphetamine like stimulant? And does it show up as a false positive for Amphetamine? Don’t think so, but you never know.
The effects of racetams are very mild compared to amphetamines. They're more like guarana or ginseng, or caffeine. It's a much more subtle effect.

Yes - phenylpiracetam is a definite exception. No, it will not show up as a false positive for amphetamine, it's a very different chemical - far more forgiving than amphetamine, but with a far steeper tolerance curve (and, fortunately, equally rapid decline).

There are other exceptions - you may want to look at p-CL-phenylpiracetam, or "Cebaracetam" as it is sometimes called (apparently, incorrectly - I'm not actually sure if ceberacetam itself is another potent racetam or even any kind of real compound in it's own right. For me though phenylpiracetam is a clear winner regardless. There might be others - I actually hope there are, yet to be discovered - but I can't think of any off the top of my head.