• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ohio man beats wife’s heroin supplier with baseball bat

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
This was posted on my Facebook feed, wanted to see what other's thought...

Ohio man beats wife’s heroin supplier with baseball bat

Posted 8:44 am, November 4, 2016, by Associated Press, Updated at 08:47AM, November 4, 2016

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A man convicted of beating his wife’s heroin supplier with a baseball bat has been sentenced to probation by an Ohio judge who noted extensive support for the defendant from a community fed up with drug problems.

The Columbus Dispatch reports Edwin Sobony II could have faced eight years in prison but was sentenced Wednesday to two years of probation for felonious assault.

Franklin County Judge Charles Schneider said he doesn’t support “vigilante justice” but concluded that Sobony is unlikely to re-offend.

Schneider said he received lots of letters in support of Sobony before sentencing and people offered to pay Sobony’s legal bills.

The 38-year-old apologized in court for the December beating, which left the alleged supplier with skull fractures. Sobony says he was trying to protect his family.

http://fox8.com/2016/11/04/ohio-man-beats-wifes-heroin-supplier-with-baseball-bat/

The judge should be disbarred. You don't give somone less of a sentence because the victim committed crimes against another person besides the offender

I would agree except maybe in severe cases like someone beating someone who they caught molesting their kid or such. But in this case he let his emotions get the better of him. It was his wife's choice to do heroin. 2 years probation seems like a joke to me for fracturing someone's skull with a baseball bat. He's lucky he didn't kill the guy.

so the wife will just buy heroin from someone else now. is he going to crack every single dealers skull?

It's not the dealer's fault. It's like blowing up a bar because your wife has a drinking problem.

Gave the dude a pass for fracturing a guys skull...that seems right.

I saw a meme on my FB feed that was like the parental advisory sticker but it said kill your local heroin dealer. WTF...kill one and three will pop up to fill the void. People just don't get it...frustrates me sometimes.

Yeah, this was posted in a Facebook group for recovery and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

Guy is a violent control freak, probably the reason his wife is using heroin. What kind of community would show support for that sort of behaviour and what the fuck is the matter with that judge?

Yeah that is crazy I served more time and may have to face a harsher penalty for non-violent drug offenses.

unlikely to re-offend why?

protect his family?

wtf 8(

Yeah that pisses me off because id have issue blaming another individual to the point of punching them in the face over an immediate family members addiction. Any issue I have with their addiction id bring up with the addict not the place they get their drugs from. This applies to cigarette smoking just as much as heroin addiction, is it ok to beat the guy behind the gas station register because your wife was clean from cigarettes for a year but he sold her the pack she started on again?

I am not a violent person by nature, I can be but it takes a direct reason to be... id be more upset with my family member then the dealer. I think it should count against him that he took it upon himself to injure another possible father/husband because in his mind hes a better father/husband