• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The inconceivable meaning

MajorBong

Bluelighter
This idea might seem crazy to some, but there is some physical evidence behind this.

The idea is that existence is perfectly magical instead of natural.

One of the pieces of evidence is the number of souls theory. It's like all the souls would have had to existed for everything to have physically existed, like it doesn't make physical sense if even one potentially addable soul was missing. This is also the same number of souls to have meant the perfect concept of experiential meaning. Like the perfect number of souls to go to heaven, which is all the souls that could have possibly existed.

The other is the started in motion, scientifically inexplicable miracle relation. If material was still it could be localized in a way that cross definition was not being applied. This would mean that some meaning was missing and existence wasn't complete. Like if you imagine a still point you can imagine adding another point on top of it. Only through motion defining reality can existence break down far enough to mean all the points were added. This means existence had to have already been in motion to have meant existence physically complete. This is contrary the basic physical understanding that already in motion is physically impossible due to conserved motion meanings. This means existence requires a relative static motion structure to define beginning of time, which additionally requires that existence be a preset shape of physical state being required against this preset shape. The physical shape of things can only exist as this preset shape that existence was already existing as. This preset shape is perfect existence.

Last edited:
If all souls originate from a greater whole, then that greater whole could split into unlimited pieces. We're all differentiations of the same thing, having different experiences. Whatever that thing is, is anyone's guess.

Creation occurs from division of a whole. As the unseen moves farther into the physical so too does the division increase. Nothing, point, line, circle, sphere, so on. Check out most mystical traditions views on creation. Kabbalah, Egyptian "mythology", even Christianity, etc.

We are simply quantum fluctuations in a primordial foam.

If all souls originate from a greater whole, then that greater whole could split into unlimited pieces.

That only follows if you assume that it is possible for there to be unlimited souls, the fact that such a presupposition renders your statement tautological suggests that if the statement is true, it is trivially so. Do you have any good argument to motivate the view that it is possible for there to be unlimited souls? Also, what do you mean by soul? Do you conceive of souls as having extension in space?

Creation occurs from division of a whole. As the unseen moves farther into the physical so too does the division increase. Nothing, point, line, circle, sphere, so on. Check out most mystical traditions views on creation. Kabbalah, Egyptian "mythology", even Christianity, etc.

So what created the whole? To be fair, any creation story has to grip one of the horns of the dilemma between a first-cause and an infinite regress; I see you favour the latter.

I should point out that you seem to be drawing a false dichotomy between 'unseen' and 'physical'. There are numerous unobserved postulates in science, which, assuming they exist, are physical. An example is dark matter.

I'm not drawing a false dichotomy, I just didn't use the most accurate wording. I see your point, though.

As for what created the whole, I have no idea. All I know is that from both personal experience and that of reading many tradition's stories, this all began as a singularity, that, because of the nature of singularity, couldn't experience anything, and thus, split itself so that something could be experienced. Non-experience is dead, experience is life.

However, this is also not to say it is not a cyclical process, or that there is something greater that began this aforementioned process. I'm not sure, I believe it impossible for any human to know.

As for what created the whole, I have no idea. All I know is that from both personal experience and that of reading many tradition's stories, this all began as a singularity, that, because of the nature of singularity, couldn't experience anything, and thus, split itself so that something could be experienced. Non-experience is dead, experience is life.

I know I am coming to this late, but, this reply doesn't make much sense to me.

You have suggested that this singularity intentionally "split itself" because it couldn't experience anything. But, how could it be aware that it wasn't experiencing anything, unless it had some kind of subjective experience which told it that this was so? And, if it wasn't aware of this, how could this fact function as an explanatory cause of the intentional decision to "split itself"? It seems as though you have to assume the singularity had some kind of awareness, and a fortiori some kind of experience, or you have to deny that this lack of awareness played an intentional causal role in the singularities 'decision' to "split itself".

Ah, great point. I have no attachment to the aware decision to split. Only attachment to the split having occurred to allow the possibility of experience.

Even the Gnostics thought we were divine sparks trapped in physical meat prisons. The physical being way down at the bottom of creation. Well what does that say about us?

I don't agree that the physical is a meat prison. Although I'm very sympathetic to the line of thinking that would lead one to arrive at such conclusions. In my opinion, it's more like a refraction of light, the physical being all the seven colors coming out and translated from the white light that enters the prism. If you will. It's different, but it's still "the same".