• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Dealing with Pychosis

raddoll19

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I am 19 and starting Monday I started to get my first psychotic episode. It's been lasting for about 3 days now but it feels like the longest time of my life. I noticed that my voices are giving me a lot of facts about my everyday life and I can't make them stop. Also I feel like I'm sending weird or eerie vibes to people without actually trying to :( I've just been avoiding all people and staying in my room. I even had to quit my job cos it's just been a lot. I wouldn't say I'm 100% delusional but I'm getting there or at least I feel like I am. I'm just scared I feel not safe and unwanted over something I can't control. I missed a few days of taking my Abilify, back to taking it now cos this is just torture. It hasn't kicked in yet tho. What are your stories? What was your psychosis like? How long did it last and what kind of things did you experience? Please let me know

Go to the ER. You don't need to face this by yourself

Hi,

I am really sorry that you are having such a bad time. I can only imagine how scary this is for you. You did not say much about your psychiatric history, other than you have restarted your Abilify. I trust it was prescribed by a physician, hopefully a psychiatrist. Usually, Abilify is used with another psychiatric medication to treat symptoms not being covered well by the first one. If you are feeling unsafe, hearing voices, and are having the dysfunction you describe, I agree with CJ, you need to go to the ER to get help with this. In addition, you need to contact the doctor that prescribed the Abilify and let him/her know what is going on with you. Get back to us and let you know what happened with you after doing these things.

Are you doing any drugs? If so, please stop and go to see a professional mental health worker. Good luck. I know this can be very scary. One thing I wanted to let you know that goes against most psychiatrists' knowledge or experience is that some people (myself included) have experienced a prolonged time of hearing voices and then to have healed from that and never heard them again. It;'s not the norm but it does happen so keep an open mind and do not let a diagnosis tell you what your future is. Your future will tell you!<3

In psychosis a rem-sleep like stage starts entering the consciousness during wake time. We're all "psychotic" during our dreams, hearing and seeing things that aren't real but may be revelant to our lives. It's only when this starts occuring during the day and interfering with normal life that it's called illness.

Last edited: