• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Bimu8

clubcard

Bluelighter
Studies conducted before the Moscow Theatre Siege showed that BIMU8 reversed the respiratory depression caused by opioids. As someone involved with HR work, I think supplying BIMU8 has the potential to save thousands of lives per annum. It isn't a 'drug of abuse' or even a psychoactive drug. I am of the opinion that 'brown bags' should contain this 5HT4a agonist. It would technically be an unlicensed pharmaceutical. Given the option, would others hand out this drug in spite of possible legal action? I AM. I just need others to conclude that it is both efficacious and safe. Beyond that I am prepared to be arrested and charged... After all, how do you value just 1 life saved.

Beyond that I am prepared to be arrested and charged...

I misread this at first as "preparing to be..." (I was thinking, what'd you do, Sean?) but really my friend? Regardless, knock on wood, how much past do you have being concretely being on the wrong end of concrete? I wish, for everybody but someone with your personal, creative, expertise (even if not traditionally via the accepted academic routes and professional expectations of ones bent or inclination in the field) at chemistry. As I sit before this screen at my local downtown library I am dressed in what looks to be state issued penitentiary attire I got 'cause they matched and were dry from a local church. I keep hoping its not a sign, but my life on the streets with my deeply vested interests and drives makes me feel I am in the perpetual prison yard of the outs when I need that hand up I so desperately desire to kick start my missing initiative with how hard my obsessive mind makes it look to me to persevere beyond the lull that drags you back as if by inertia if you don't keep on to a point of escape velocity in this vast-swathe of world around me populated by the uninterested in any one little guy. I remember your offer long ago to help me bypass felonies and get outta here, I chalked it up to a pipe dream at best but I must say I do appreciate the sentiment you had behind that and I'd like to return the idea when I read you tagging such an idea at the end of one of your posts, like you'd ever have to state as much; but I understand the iconoclastic indignation within the perceptive our hobby embitters us to (I hope wrongly, been more hopeful lately) presuppose. We have that materialist tendency due to our love of scientific nature, and I feel like I've had a saving grace with me for much of my times on the streets I'd never have guessed was out there any other way. I enjoy reading your entries here, friend.

You have no idea how important your post it to me. I'm considering having it made, supplying it and having someone file a criminal charge. I've lost so many people to opioids. I've been lucky, I've been there when 6 people went over and was able to keep all 6 alive. People I love and respect. I think I can do no less than risk imprisonment to help people and their family and friends. This isn't some noble cause. It's just how I think I must act. I've lost people in the last 6 months to a fentanyl/carfentail mix and it hurts.

FYI I did go back to school. I'm guilty of far too much to avoid responsibility. Nothing that the law could prosecute for me for but far too much to ignore the consequences. My son thinks I'm somehow clever for reading papers & patents and work out the simplest things. Yes, I've purposefully ODed on a lot of stuff knowing that naloxone or flumazenil were setup so I was safe. To inflict the risk on others has destroyed my life. I'm not religious but to my mind, trying to do something to preserve life is about the only way I can live with myself.

Thanks for your message. It means more to me than you can possibly imagine. - Sean

The dose in the study is MUCH higher than the doses needed to support respiration. When the papers list 25, 50 & 100mg/kg, it isn't really a surprise that it is toxic... no response at 0.5mg/kg I note.

So... what's wrong with Narcan exactly? This sounds like a useless substance other than for recreational prophylaxis. Not so much a life-saving drug as it is a high-saving one.

I find the fentanyl / opioid crisis heartbreaking and compounds like this intriguing... it's something of a consolation that people like you are busy trying to minimize harm just like being involved with drug HR in general soothes some of the more desperate sides of using a lot of drugs.

Are you saying this compound could actually be used responsibly as prophylaxis against resp depression? I don't know that it is financially realistic to expect people to be able to afford taking an extra drug constantly when getting high. If only used in case of emergency I would have to agree that narcan and similar opioid antagonists should suffice. Do they though? Because the pharmacological competition with superpotent opioids might make it less efficacious, no? Do they have to give fent users multiple shots, I thought I remembered something like that.
Also I would worry that addicts simply take their high and level of dependency just one or more steps further if a drug like this is considered a failsafe, plus is it even totally reliable? But hey it's good to investigate ways to reduce harm and deaths regardless of such obstacles.

If someone would have a brilliant model how big pharma and the govt would profit from distributing something like this after a bit more research about the safety and way to use, maybe this could be good. I would look at something like bupe as an example perhaps but I really don't know much about such matters, is just what my gut suspects.
It's sad it's gotta be like that but you probably have to tickle the interest of those big players like the pharma industry and the state even if you despise them.