• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Returning to a Drug you Used to Abuse but for Thereputical Use

Etizolam is a thienodiazepine,

/e: reopened after accidental close.

Yeah knew it wasn't a benzodiazepine but was aware of the terminology 'thienodiazepine' so just put it under the benzo blanket.

I'm VERY envious of your source to everything you mentioned above, would love to try them.

Just an update on my opening post. Well didn't quite go to plan. I upped my dose a few days and I purposefully acquired enough until I could re-up. So now I'm out so REALLY looking forward to a week of withdrawal. Meh nothing new I've done it enough times but still sucks. It will probably be worse this time though due to 'wicking' or 'wickering' I think it's called were basically if you keep going on and off benzo use your withdrawals get worse and last longer.

I'm kind of interested to see how Clonazpam withdrawal is different to other benzos and thienodiazepines. I've read it's the worst. But we shall see.

Well lesson learned and to be fair a couple of years ago that months supply would have been done it 24 hours so I'm getting there. I wish I could have a timed pill dispenser that only delivered your dose for the day and you couldn't alter it/break into it.

Just an update on my opening post. Well didn't quite go to plan. I upped my dose a few days and I purposefully acquired enough until I could re-up. So now I'm out so REALLY looking forward to a week of withdrawal. Meh nothing new I've done it enough times but still sucks. It will probably be worse this time though due to 'wicking' or 'wickering' I think it's called were basically if you keep going on and off benzo use your withdrawals get worse and last longer.

I'm kind of interested to see how Clonazpam withdrawal is different to other benzos and thienodiazepines. I've read it's the worst. But we shall see.

Well lesson learned and to be fair a couple of years ago that months supply would have been done it 24 hours so I'm getting there. I wish I could have a timed pill dispenser that only delivered your dose for the day and you couldn't alter it/break into it.

Don't you have anyone in your life who could fill that role for you? Obviously it needs to be someone you can totally trust, one who will stick to their guns when you whine and very important is that they won't use it as a power trip over you. I personally am able to use my wife and so far, so good. Just a thought, and I realize everyone doesn't have such an individual in their life. I do wish you all the best!

Don't you have anyone in your life who could fill that role for you? Obviously it needs to be someone you can totally trust, one who will stick to their guns when you whine and very important is that they won't use it as a power trip over you. I personally am able to use my wife and so far, so good. Just a thought, and I realize everyone doesn't have such an individual in their life. I do wish you all the best!

I have a girlfriend I totally trust but that's not the issue it's my crippling social anxiety. When I'm on 'low' dose benzos (not fucked up) I am me. I can communicate and act how I would like. It doesn't completely change me/my values/decision making etc but allows me to feel comfortable. I'd rather that than sitting at home every day for fear of going out and having to talk to people I don't know.

Weirdly I didn't get any withdrawal at all from 2 weeks use Clonazpam. Nice little tolerance decrease until I re-up next week and all will be good again.

I've been off heroin for over three years (this past September) and opiates too. However, I fell down a flight of stairs the other day and had to break perc 30s, or else I was gonna cry. However, I don't have an urge to take anymore, or go buy dope. Besides I could just go to a corner ten minutes away and buy all that right now. So basically what I am saying is if you have to ask randoms on the internet then maybe don't... listen to your gut. You know yourself better than we know you.

I've been off heroin for over three years (this past September) and opiates too. However, I fell down a flight of stairs the other day and had to break perc 30s, or else I was gonna cry. However, I don't have an urge to take anymore, or go buy dope. Besides I could just go to a corner ten minutes away and buy all that right now. So basically what I am saying is if you have to ask randoms on the internet then maybe don't... listen to your gut. You know yourself better than we know you.

I'm not asking randoms on the internet for permission for me to do what I'm doing, I was explaining my story and then asking if anyone else had any opinions/similar stories.

I'm not asking randoms on the internet for permission for me to do what I'm doing, I was explaining my story and then asking if anyone else had any opinions/similar stories.

Sounds like you're mad bro lol

Last edited:
2 weeks is about the longest you can take benzos without (severe, or even any) w/d.

Pregabalin has proved very effective for my social anxiety. And clorazepate is a great benzo, in 50mg doses at least (which I believe not every country has, I think most have 20mgs tops). But it's super long lasting (longer than diazepam even I think, iirc it's the 2nd longest lasting one) and it's strong enough for me to not need any other benzo while on clorazepate. I took bromazepam and xanax today cuz I couldn't find my clorazepate (didn't look very hard tbph :p but I'm in Methadone and oxy wd so sue me for not having energy :D).

Anyway, pregabalin is a good alternative. Worth exploring and easier to control than benzos IME. Just a thought.

Have you ever tried anything like pregabalin for the anxiety? It's a lot less addictive than benzos. I'd really recommend getting some professional support for this if you can though, and not just doing it all yourself. Maybe with some more counselling/CBT as well if you can get it where you are now.

Not sure about that. I got addicted pregabalin as soon as I used. I've been on-off on different benzos for over 10 years, never used longer than 2 months, athen maybe 1 years break. Never got addicted never have any cravings toward them. Pregabalsin in otehr hands gives so much good feeling like barbiturade, youre mood goes high, you get energy, its like opioid but different type. I would say pregabalin is most addictive drug after opioids.