• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Newbie, Hello All

Caraken

Greenlighter
Hi

Just new to this forum.

Not really sure what im doing yet so please be patient.

I lost my partner of 16 years on 5th October this year to a heroin overdose he had been using for 18/19 years smoking for 10+ years then moving onto injecting.

I met Kenneth when I was 17, I was as lost as he was I grew up in and of care my mother was a schizophrenic. How I too never became an addict who knows, but Kenneth gave me strength he was 24 at the time we met, fresh out of prison after doing a 7 year sentence for culpable homicide and prison is where it all began on his destruction of life with heroin stealing everything from him confidence, self esteem, self respect, dignity, turned him to rage delusion and paranoia. It stole the joy from him of being a father and a lover because heroin became everything to him.

Kenneth wasn't a self pithier he never forgave himself for killing a boy with a punch and destroying a family.

Kenneth was high when I met him but he worshipped the ground I walked on he gave me strength taught me about self respect and morals although he couldn't respect himself. He would encourage me to work to drive to hold my own and I did all of it because I would have done anything for him but heroin destroyed it all. The situations heroin belittled Kenneth to I will never forget my beautiful soul gone at peace from heroin and its dirty claws!

Now my last memory is Kenneth on the sofa gone free from the anguish and torment because boy heroin tormented the life out of him!!!! If there is a devil then heroin is its sweets to lure poison brown powder not a lot can deny!

I now have no love my daughter has no father but Kenneth its over the torment and pain has gone you suffered too long at heroin's hands and I hope god has his arms around you and you feel love the love you deserved that you could not feel!

Right now what I've wrote is how I feel, im now on a journey to heal myself from the things I've experienced with living with an addict for 16 years, that addict was my life and that's one thing heroin never stole my love for Kenneth.

Caroline

Oh Im so sorry for your loss :(

We have lost some loved ones here from heroin/frntanyl and the hazards of the drug lifestyle. Its awful to have love for someone that is such a loving person and their drug use never detracts from their presence.

I hope you find comfort here and in particular the Dark side and sober living forums are a good place to be amongst other people who have lost people or are struggling themselves.

Take care love.

X